RemedySpot.com

Just have to share ....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I had my regular MD appt yesterday.. and pleased were we all....

Since starting my green smoothies lifestyle... 19lbs lost... and BP down to

normal...

He kept asking me if I was doing anything else but no .. just the green

smoothies daily and viola...

So Thanks.. Vitamix...

Guest guest

Congrats!

>

> I had my regular MD appt yesterday.. and pleased were we all....

>

> Since starting my green smoothies lifestyle... 19lbs lost... and BP down to

normal...

>

> He kept asking me if I was doing anything else but no .. just the green

smoothies daily and viola...

>

> So Thanks.. Vitamix...

>

Guest guest

This is AWESOME!!! THANKS for sharing!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 8, 2012, at 9:33 AM, crenita2 wrote:

I had my regular MD appt yesterday.. and pleased were we all....

Since starting my green smoothies lifestyle... 19lbs lost... and BP down to normal...

He kept asking me if I was doing anything else but no .. just the green smoothies daily and viola...

So Thanks.. Vitamix...

Guest guest

Honestly it was the easiest and MOST PLEASANT weightloss I have ever done..

Love those smoothies...

Now tonight it is hot soup........... can dieting get any better ??

Renita

Guest guest

would love for you to share some of your recipes

>

> Honestly it was the easiest and MOST PLEASANT weightloss I have ever done..

>

> Love those smoothies...

>

> Now tonight it is hot soup........... can dieting get any better ??

>

>

> Renita

>

Guest guest

That’s awesome, just one shake a day? Been doing smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch all fresh whole foods but no weight loss. Anyone know how much vitamin K is in the green smoothie, I have to do low low K due to Coumadin? Anyone else do the green shakes on Coumadin? Theresa

Guest guest

I would ask your doctor advice. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Theresa GatesSent: Friday, June 08, 2012 7:48 PM Subject: Re: Just have to share .... That’s awesome, just one shake a day? Been doing smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch all fresh whole foods but no weight loss. Anyone know how much vitamin K is in the green smoothie, I have to do low low K due to Coumadin? Anyone else do the green shakes on Coumadin? Theresa

Guest guest

Hello Theresa,You CAN have as much greens as you want even if you are on Coumadin HOWEVER (and this is IMPORTANT) you MUST work with your doctor and you MUST take the Greens in a MEASURED amount EVERY day. The amount and effects of the greens needs to be monitored by your doctor so the dose of coumadin can be adjusted accordingly.====================="If you eat spinach, turnip greens, other leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, parsley (except as a garnish or minor ingredient), natto (a Japanese dish), liver, or green tea, be sure to eat a consistent amount week to week." http://my.clevelandclinic.org/drugs/coumadin/hic_understanding_coumadin.aspx=====================Here is information from another source that explains things better: http://www.skinnyisoverrated.com/2010/06/can-someone-who-takes-coumadin-warfarin-still-eat-greens/Can Someone Who Takes Coumadin (Warfarin) Still Eat Greens?June 7th, 2010dmilanoLeave a commentGo to commentsSomeone taking Coumadin wanted to know why her INR was so different every time she had it checked at her doctor’s office. It is probably because she ate different amounts of green leafy vegetables from day-to-day, and week-to-week. The Vitamin K in green vegetables counteracts the effect of the medication. Green leafy vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet, but doctors frequently tell their patients taking Coumadin to avoid greens. That is one way to deal with the problem. Or, you can eat greens, but you need to take in the same amount of Vitamin K every day so that the dose of Coumadin can be adjusted. Well, even people who love spinach will get tired of eating spinach every day. They might like to eat kale instead of spinach every once in a while!It is not easy, but it is possible, to eat the same amount of Vitamin K every day. It just takes a bit of extra thought when you are preparing your meals. The USDA web site has a list of the Vitamin K content of foods, so that you can estimate the amount of greens you can eat from day to day, and still keep your Vitamin K intake level. This first link is sorted by Vitamin K content , and this second link is sorted alphabetically.If you do choose to eats greens every day, take it seriously and be careful. There is a very, very good reason why you are on Coumadin, and it is simply not worth the risk if you cannot be consistent.=====================…and finally: http://www.pamf.org/anticoag/patients/handouts/Warfarin_and_Diet.pdf=====================Hope this is helpful!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Theresa Gates wrote:

That’s awesome, just one shake a day? Been doing smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch all fresh whole foods but no weight loss. Anyone know how much vitamin K is in the green smoothie, I have to do low low K due to Coumadin? Anyone else do the green shakes on Coumadin? Theresa

Guest guest

On 6/8/2012 7:47 PM, Theresa Gates

wrote:

Been doing

smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch all fresh whole foods but

no weight loss. Anyone know how much vitamin K is in the green

smoothie, I have to do low low K due to Coumadin? Anyone else do

the green shakes on Coumadin?

Yes. When I first started with the doctor I have now he dictated a

list of 6 items I could have. That soon got old and boring so I

took in a list of greens and their vit K content (that I did because

5 of the ones he gave me were low in K but the 6th was spinach....I