RemedySpot.com

Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Natalia,I would call customer service. Your machine should not be creating any "burnt motor" smells.Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream? (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)You should be able to tell if the container is "tipping" and if it is, it would cause the gears to wear down and grind rather than create a burning smell in the motor.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 13, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Natalia Burleson wrote:

I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year. I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10.  Gosh that sounds so silly...there was smell after that time and then i noticed it again pretty strong today when i made the banana ice cream!  

I will call customer service and see what they think!  On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Natalia,I would call customer service.  Your machine should not be creating any " burnt motor " smells.Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream?  (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

You should be able to tell if the container is " tipping " and if it is, it would cause the gears to wear down and grind rather than create a burning smell in the motor.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i  put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year.  I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem?  If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

Maybe you could try making the banana ice cream again, but put the vitamix on a lower table. That will give you the definitive answer.

Fran

In a message dated 7/13/2012 12:21:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nataeson@... writes:

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10. Gosh that sounds so silly...

there was smell after that time and then i noticed it again pretty strong today when i made the banana ice cream!

I will call customer service and see what they think!

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Natalia,

I would call customer service. Your machine should not be creating any "burnt motor" smells.

Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream? (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

You should be able to tell if the container is "tipping" and if it is, it would cause the gears to wear down and grind rather than create a burning smell in the motor.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year. I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

You are welcome - next question…Did your banana ice cream exceed the 4 cup line? (that line can be found right in the middle of the handle - 1/2 of the container…Ice cream should not be made over the 4 cup line, and nut butters should not be made over the 3.5 cup line - even on high, very thick mixes like these are too much for the motor… Sometimes you get a burning smell before the machine shuts itself off (if it over heats, it shuts down). If it ever does shut down for you while making something thick, don't worry, when it cools off it will work again :-)

On Jul 13, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Natalia Burleson wrote:

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10. Gosh that sounds so silly...there was smell after that time and then i noticed it again pretty strong today when i made the banana ice cream!

I will call customer service and see what they think! On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Natalia,I would call customer service. Your machine should not be creating any "burnt motor" smells.Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream? (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

You should be able to tell if the container is "tipping" and if it is, it would cause the gears to wear down and grind rather than create a burning smell in the motor.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...-- NataliaThere's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

additional question - is it only happening when you make banana ice cream?

You are welcome - next question…

Did your banana ice cream exceed the 4 cup line? (that line can be found right in the middle of the handle - 1/2 of the container…

Ice cream should not be made over the 4 cup line, and nut butters should not be made over the 3.5 cup line - even on high, very thick mixes like these are too much for the motor… Sometimes you get a burning smell before the machine shuts itself off (if it over heats, it shuts down). If it ever does shut down for you while making something thick, don't worry, when it cools off it will work again :-)

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

<:)))><

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10. Gosh that sounds so silly...

there was smell after that time and then i noticed it again pretty strong today when i made the banana ice cream!

Hello Natalia,

I would call customer service. Your machine should not be creating any "burnt motor" smells.

Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream? (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

--

Natalia

There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

--

Natalia

There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Guest guest

I think so, I'll have to pay attention to that too!  I know I've made smoothies before that had lots of frozen strawberries in it and I used it on high and didn't notice any smell...but that doesn't put the same strain on the motor that the banana ice cream does...and there's liquid in it..

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM, eilisalana <eilisalana@...> wrote:

Did your banana ice cream exceed the 4 cup line?  (that line can be found right in the middle of the handle - 1/2 of the container…

Ice cream should not be made over the 4 cup line, and nut butters should not be made over the 3.5 cup line - even on high, very thick mixes like these are too much for the motor…  Sometimes you get a burning smell before the machine shuts itself off (if it over heats, it shuts down).  If it ever does shut down for you while making something thick, don't worry, when it cools off it will work again :-)

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10.  Gosh that sounds so silly...

Hello Natalia,

I would call customer service.  Your machine should not be creating any " burnt motor " smells.

Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream?  (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

You should be able to tell if the container is " tipping " and if it is, it would cause the gears to wear down and grind rather than create a burning smell in the motor.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com

I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i  put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year.  I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem?  If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

--

Natalia

--

Natalia

Guest guest

Are you loading the machine with a whole frozen banana? I cut mine into smaller pieces and then freeze them.

Leona

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:39 AM

Subject: Re: I think I'm too short for my vitamix!

I think so, I'll have to pay attention to that too! I know I've made smoothies before that had lots of frozen strawberries in it and I used it on high and didn't notice any smell...but that doesn't put the same strain on the motor that the banana ice cream does...and there's liquid in it..

Did your banana ice cream exceed the 4 cup line? (that line can be found right in the middle of the handle - 1/2 of the container…

Ice cream should not be made over the 4 cup line, and nut butters should not be made over the 3.5 cup line - even on high, very thick mixes like these are too much for the motor… Sometimes you get a burning smell before the machine shuts itself off (if it over heats, it shuts down). If it ever does shut down for you while making something thick, don't worry, when it cools off it will work again :-)

Hello Natalia,

Guest guest

Lea Ann, Just a question on the speeds...I still have trouble with frozen

things. I have NEVER EVER gotten the 4 mounds. I have followed your suggestions

from a previous thread I had posted and the texture has definitely improved (it

is acceptable) but I still don't get 4 mounds. As you suggested, I never do a

partial recipe anymore and I have gotten very aggressive with the tamper.

I have almost given up using the Vitamix for frozen sorbet or ice cream.

But, seeing the speed thing brought up...I have the new Creations Elite. It does

not have HIGH. It has the variable 1-10 and Pulse. Have you had a chance to work

with the new motor yet? I believe this is the way the new machines are going?

After I had followed your suggestions, I had even called Vitamix to ask about

the difference in the machines (was considering returning the Creations Elite

and getting the 5200) and the customer Service person was adamant that the newer

motors (like what I have in the Creations Elite) was the new motor and was

IMPROVED.

So, now I am thinking this is why I am not getting the 4 mounds.

Does anyone else with the Creations Elite 48-oz container (from QVC special

value in April) get the 4 mounds with the forzen items?

THANKS!

Kathleen

>

> I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my

VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i put it on high and i use the tamper,

but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb

this year. I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't

quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's

causing the gears to rub...

>

>

>

> I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem? If that's the

case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

>

> --

> Natalia

>

> There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested

in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed

to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

>

Guest guest

I froze them whole and then broke the banana's in half...should i break them up more than that? On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Leona <tlukasiewicz@...> wrote:

Are you loading the machine with a whole frozen banana?  I cut mine into smaller pieces and then freeze them.

Leona

I think so, I'll have to pay attention to that too!  I know I've made smoothies before that had lots of frozen strawberries in it and I used it on high and didn't notice any smell...but that doesn't put the same strain on the motor that the banana ice cream does...and there's liquid in it..  

Did your banana ice cream exceed the 4 cup line?  (that line can be found right in the middle of the handle - 1/2 of the container…

Ice cream should not be made over the 4 cup line, and nut butters should not be made over the 3.5 cup line - even on high, very thick mixes like these are too much for the motor…  Sometimes you get a burning smell before the machine shuts itself off (if it over heats, it shuts down).  If it ever does shut down for you while making something thick, don't worry, when it cools off it will work again :-)

Thanks Lea Ann, yes I'm using it on high, but the very first time i used it to make banana ice cream i was scared of high and i did use it on the variable 10.  Gosh that sounds so silly...

Hello Natalia,

I would call customer service.  Your machine should not be creating any " burnt motor " smells.

Just to trouble shoot… are you using high when making ice cream?  (never use the variable speeds for thick things like nut butters, hummus, ice cream, thick batters like brownie mix, etc.)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com

(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

I'm wondering if my height is creating a problem while operating my VM...whenever i make banana ice cream, i  put it on high and i use the tamper, but it smells like something in the motor is burning...i've had my VM since Feb this year.  I wonder if when I'm using my tamper to push down if the angle isn't quite right for me and if i'm pushing the container or moving it in a way that's causing the gears to rub...

I hope this makes sense and does anyone else have this problem?  If that's the case I need to find a lower table to put it on...

Guest guest

I cut mine into quarters or sometimes more depending on the size. This way I also have control of the quantity I use. I think you will have better luck with the smaller size as it breaks up easier, at least it works fine for me.

Leona

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:43 AM

I froze them whole and then broke the banana's in half...should i break them up more than that?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Leona <tlukasiewicz@...> wrote:

Are you loading the machine with a whole frozen banana? I cut mine into smaller pieces and then freeze them.

Leona

I think so, I'll have to pay attention to that too! I know I've made smoothies before that had lots of frozen strawberries in it and I used it on high and didn't notice any smell...but that doesn't put the same strain on the motor that the banana ice cream does...and there's liquid in it..

Hello Natalia,