RemedySpot.com

Re: Home Party Order

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Ginny,I have only recently learned that the reconditioned sale is for ALL models based on the 5200 motor. You don't get to choose which one you get :-( I am actually surprised that the Creations GC was included because it is a different (and slightly more powerful) motor. However, it runs exactly like the 5200 except for the cosmetic difference of the hard plastic vs. the soft-touch control knobs.Here is a listing of the machines that are included in the "Reconditioned Sale" (to the best of my knowledge :-) It also describes how the machines are usually sold and what comes with them ORIGINALLY - for the Reconditioned Machine Sale - the Whole Foods Recipe book, the Getting Started Guide, and the DVD are the support materials you will be getting:5200 - by demonstrators and online - includes whole foods cookbook5200C - on the shelf program for Costco - includes 48 oz. container and NO cookbook (but a $50 coupon that can be exchanged for a cookbook)Pro 200 - sold only at the high-end retail stores: Sonoma and Sur La Table - includes "Create" cookbookhttp://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vitamix-blender-professional-200/http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-21070/Vitamix-Pro-200-BlenderCIA Professional - sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and other Brick and mortar stores. Includes the "Create" cookbook. Turbo Blend VS - sold online - includes "Live Fresh" cookbook and a Nut Milk Bag (for Vegan's and Raw Foodists)Creations - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods CookbookCreations II - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook and a 48 oz. container instead of the 64 oz. containerCreations GC - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook (has a "slightly" more powerful motor)I know that at one point the online offer said 5200 model, but now they have changed the wording to be vague https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Special-Deals.aspx so if you want to get customer service to exchange the base for you, you might be able to get them to do that (saying that you saw the original wording online), but IMO, the GC is every bit as good (and a touch more powerful) than the 5200 motor, so I'd keep it!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 6, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,The reconditioned Vitamix arrived today, and I have just unpacked it! I was expecting the 5200, but instead I received the QVC GC model. I've been led to believe this is not the same quality machine as the 5200. It doesn't have the padded handle, but more concerned about the machine, itself.Ginny

Guest guest

Thanks, Lea Ann - appreciate your quick response, and the detailed info.I recall the QVC deal only offered a 5-year warranty and pretty cheap - assuming machine/motor not as well built. The dials are not as nice as the 5200, and the handle not padded, but if you think it is as good as the 5200, I will probably just keep it. Going to give it a trial run now!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:32 PM Subject: Re: Home Party Order

Hello Ginny,I have only recently learned that the reconditioned sale is for ALL models based on the 5200 motor. You don't get to choose which one you get :-( I am actually surprised that the Creations GC was included because it is a different (and slightly more powerful) motor. However, it runs exactly like the 5200 except for the cosmetic difference of the hard plastic vs. the soft-touch control knobs.Here is a listing of the machines that are included in the "Reconditioned Sale" (to the best of my knowledge :-) It also describes how the machines are usually sold and what comes with them ORIGINALLY - for the Reconditioned Machine Sale - the Whole Foods Recipe book, the Getting Started Guide, and the DVD are the support materials you will be getting:5200 - by demonstrators and online - includes whole foods

cookbook5200C - on the shelf program for Costco - includes 48 oz. container and NO cookbook (but a $50 coupon that can be exchanged for a cookbook)Pro 200 - sold only at the high-end retail stores: Sonoma and Sur La Table - includes "Create" cookbookhttp://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vitamix-blender-professional-200/http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-21070/Vitamix-Pro-200-BlenderCIA Professional - sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and other Brick and mortar stores. Includes the "Create" cookbook. Turbo Blend VS - sold online - includes "Live Fresh" cookbook and a Nut Milk Bag (for Vegan's and Raw Foodists)Creations - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods CookbookCreations II - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook and a 48 oz. container instead of the 64

oz. containerCreations GC - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook (has a "slightly" more powerful motor)I know that at one point the online offer said 5200 model, but now they have changed the wording to be vague https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Special-Deals.aspx so if you want to get customer service to exchange the base for you, you might be able to get them to do that (saying that you saw the original wording online), but IMO, the GC is every bit as good (and a touch more powerful) than the 5200 motor, so I'd keep it!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Hi Lea Ann,The reconditioned Vitamix arrived today, and I have just unpacked it! I was expecting the 5200, but instead I received the QVC GC model. I've been led to believe this is not the same quality machine as the 5200. It doesn't have the padded handle, but more concerned about the machine, itself.Ginny

Guest guest

Hello Ginny,IMO - I think that Vitamix drops the warranty to 5-years only because their profit margin is so thin with QVC machines - NOT because the machines are of any lesser (or different) quality. Except for cosmetic differences (the plastic vs. the soft touch controls) the QVC motors (Creations) are identical to the 5200 and the GC is the same, but has a bit more power…

On Jun 6, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Thanks, Lea Ann - appreciate your quick response, and the detailed info.I recall the QVC deal only offered a 5-year warranty and pretty cheap - assuming machine/motor not as well built. The dials are not as nice as the 5200, and the handle not padded, but if you think it is as good as the 5200, I will probably just keep it. Going to give it a trial run now!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:32 PM Subject: Re: Home Party Order

Hello Ginny,I have only recently learned that the reconditioned sale is for ALL models based on the 5200 motor. You don't get to choose which one you get :-( I am actually surprised that the Creations GC was included because it is a different (and slightly more powerful) motor. However, it runs exactly like the 5200 except for the cosmetic difference of the hard plastic vs. the soft-touch control knobs.Here is a listing of the machines that are included in the "Reconditioned Sale" (to the best of my knowledge :-) It also describes how the machines are usually sold and what comes with them ORIGINALLY - for the Reconditioned Machine Sale - the Whole Foods Recipe book, the Getting Started Guide, and the DVD are the support materials you will be getting:5200 - by demonstrators and online - includes whole foods

cookbook5200C - on the shelf program for Costco - includes 48 oz. container and NO cookbook (but a $50 coupon that can be exchanged for a cookbook)Pro 200 - sold only at the high-end retail stores: Sonoma and Sur La Table - includes "Create" cookbookhttp://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vitamix-blender-professional-200/http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-21070/Vitamix-Pro-200-BlenderCIA Professional - sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and other Brick and mortar stores. Includes the "Create" cookbook. Turbo Blend VS - sold online - includes "Live Fresh" cookbook and a Nut Milk Bag (for Vegan's and Raw Foodists)Creations - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods CookbookCreations II - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook and a 48 oz. container instead of the 64

oz. containerCreations GC - sold on QVC with the Whole Foods Cookbook (has a "slightly" more powerful motor)I know that at one point the online offer said 5200 model, but now they have changed the wording to be vague https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Special-Deals.aspx so if you want to get customer service to exchange the base for you, you might be able to get them to do that (saying that you saw the original wording online), but IMO, the GC is every bit as good (and a touch more powerful) than the 5200 motor, so I'd keep it!

Guest guest

I bought my machine from QVC in October 2010. When I registered it online it

offered me a 3 year extended warranty for free. I printed out the email and

keep it with my book. As I am reading it now the only thing I don't see is an

Approval Code. So do I have an 8 year warranty or not?

>

>

>

> Hi Lea Ann,

>

> The reconditioned Vitamix arrived today, and I have just unpacked it! I was

expecting the 5200, but instead I received the QVC GC model. I've been led to

believe this is not the same quality machine as the 5200. It doesn't have the

padded handle, but more concerned about the machine, itself.

>

> Ginny

>

Guest guest

Hello - that would be a question for Vitamix Customer service - wish I could be more helpful! :-)

On Jun 6, 2012, at 9:13 PM, flnancy1958 wrote:

I bought my machine from QVC in October 2010. When I registered it online it offered me a 3 year extended warranty for free. I printed out the email and keep it with my book. As I am reading it now the only thing I don't see is an Approval Code. So do I have an 8 year warranty or not?

>

>

>

> Hi Lea Ann,

>

> The reconditioned Vitamix arrived today, and I have just unpacked it! I was expecting the 5200, but instead I received the QVC GC model. I've been led to believe this is not the same quality machine as the 5200. It doesn't have the padded handle, but more concerned about the machine, itself.

>

> Ginny

>