RemedySpot.com

Vitamix Spatulas and getting things out from under the blades - was - hello and can you help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Franne,I LOVE (and simply could NOT live without) these spatulas for getting things out of my Vitamix container: https://secure.vitamix.com/Spatula-Set.aspxI include these Free with every order when someone orders from me because people just don't know about them, or think to order them.I used to only have a few on hand and one day at a show my only Vitamix spatula disappeared! I was totally lost. I had a "regular" (narrow) spatula as a back up, but it was so frustrating to me when the rubber "caught" on the blade tip. I've tried every conceivable narrow spatula out there (silicon, rubbermaid, etc.) but have never found a hard plastic spatula that won't get caught on the blade tips - the hard plastic just slides right off. The shape of the Vitamix Spatulas also work well to fit into the container.ONE of these days, I'm going to make a video showing how I scrape to get things out of the container, it is easy, but hard to explain in words. I scrape the bottom of the container while spinning the blades with the spatula tip piling up the contents into a corner, then I scrape out the corner.But the BEST way to get every last drop out from under the blades, is to make something else that uses the first ingredient. This would be more difficult with a muffin batter, but I'm the kind of gal who would do it… I'd make a milk shake type smoothie that would taste good with the muffin mix in it.When I make nut butters, I always leave plenty in the container and make a follow-up nut butter, banana, chocolate milk shake! If I make hummus, I follow that with a veggie smoothie - the added hummus is delicious :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 3, 2012, at 8:16 AM, fdemetrician wrote:

Hi, this is my second try at reaching out. Hope it works this time. I'm a new VM user and loving it. I've been trying recipes from the book and from what I've found here. Thank you so much for this wonderful resource.

I'm wondering if there is a magical method for getting the thicker things out from under the blades. I made the banana butter but had a lot of trouble getting it out from the bottom. Is there a certain type of spatula I should be using? I'd sure appreciate some advice.

Thanks again for allowing me to participate and be here with you.

Blessings,

Franne Demetrician