RemedySpot.com

Fresh, Local Strawberries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I feel so fortunate to have a farm right down the street from me (!) that produces lucious strawberries (and pumpkins) every year. The strawberries are available from Mother's Day to Father's Day (or until all picked out.) Yes, they are a little more expensive, but.... You get what you pay for, IMO. I agree with you.... The freshly grown is SOOO much better. I always look forward to this time of year when they are available. I'll be freezing berries for the next month now, lol.Carol> >> > > > So I had the idea to find a "Pick-your-own" strawberry farm. Found one, but at the prices they wanted, buying frozen from the grocery store was much cheaper. Now I know everyones first response/thought may be that it is better to buy local for various reasons (supporting local, taste better), but isn't frozen fruit froze at the peak of ripeness as well? I would consider buying fresh for a pie, etc.... But for smoothies only does it realy matter? I hope the trend isn't the same with peaches and other goods this year. Was planning on hitting the farmers market hard this year and will do as I know there are just some things that are superior fresh and local.> > > > Sent from my Samsung Epicâ„¢ 4G> >>