RemedySpot.com

Re: Dry Grains Container & Breadmaking - first experience

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Pam,I'm not much of a bread eater (or maker :-), so I don't have personal experience, but I can point you in the direction of:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Bread Recipesand the link titled, "tips for preventing flat whole wheat bread". I hope this helps!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 9, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Pam wrote:

Hi all,

I had my first experience with grinding wheat and mixing/kneading a loaf of whole wheat bread in the Vitamix container this past weekend. I used the Whole Wheat Bread recipe found in both the Whole Grains cookbook and the Vitamix website at http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/ (search word bread) and look at the Whole Wheat Bread recipe.

I followed the recipe to the letter and later discovered that I wasn't getting a dough ball, but a wet, very sticky dough. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there is too much liquid in the recipe at 1-1/4 cups water plus 1 Tb. oil and 1 tsp. of optional lemon juice.

I think the next time I try it I will use only 1 cup water and skip the lemon juice to see if I get the right consistency. Have any of you made this recipe before? And if so, were your results satisfactory?

Thanks for your input.

Pam T

Guest guest

Thanks Lea Ann, this did lead me to some great sources Pam T From: Lea Ann Savage

<lsavage@...> Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 11:44 AM Subject: Re: Dry Grains Container & Breadmaking - first experience

Hello Pam,I'm not much of a bread eater (or maker :-), so I don't have personal experience, but I can point you in the direction of:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Bread Recipesand the link titled, "tips for preventing flat whole wheat bread". I hope this helps!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 9, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Pam wrote:

Hi all,

I had my first experience with grinding wheat and mixing/kneading a loaf of whole wheat bread in the Vitamix container this past weekend. I used the Whole Wheat Bread recipe found in both the Whole Grains cookbook and the Vitamix website at http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/ (search word bread) and look at the Whole Wheat Bread recipe.

I followed the recipe to the letter and later discovered that I wasn't getting a dough ball, but a wet, very sticky dough. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there is too much liquid in the recipe at 1-1/4 cups water plus 1 Tb. oil and 1 tsp. of optional lemon juice.

I think the next time I try it I will use only 1 cup water and skip the lemon juice to see if I get the right consistency. Have any of you made this recipe before? And if so, were your results satisfactory?

Thanks for your input.

Pam T

Guest guest

Aloha,

I haven't used my vitamix to make bread, but I can tell you this.

Professional bakers mostly measure with weight because depending on the humidity

of the day and several other factors, the amount of liquid you need will change.

Some people can do this by feel, but baking bread is taught at culinary school

using weight. So, for a bread recipe that uses traditional measures (spoons,

cups, etc) start with less liquid than suggested (often there will be a range

in a recipe) and add liquid as needed to get the right consistency. The great

thing about learning to make bread is that most of the trials are tasty even if

it's a bit too wet or dry. :) Have fun!

Aloha,

mirthfullady

>

> Hi all,

>  

> I had my first experience with grinding wheat and mixing/kneading a loaf of

whole wheat bread in the Vitamix container this past weekend. I used the Whole

Wheat Bread recipe found in both the Whole Grains cookbook and the Vitamix

website at http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/ (search word bread) and look at the

Whole Wheat Bread recipe.

>  

> I followed the recipe to the letter and later discovered that I wasn't getting

a dough ball, but a wet, very sticky dough. I believe, and correct me if I'm

wrong, that there is too much liquid in the recipe at 1-1/4 cups water plus 1

Tb. oil and 1 tsp. of optional lemon juice.

>  

> I think the next time I try it I will use only 1 cup water and skip the lemon

juice to see if I get the right consistency. Have any of you made this recipe

before? And if so, were your results satisfactory?

>  

> Thanks for your input.

>

> Pam T 

>