RemedySpot.com

Today's Smoothie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've been doing all veggie smoothies a LOT lately, so decided to go back to one with fruit in it and am liking my result.It has an interesting mix of flavors…about a cup of Blueberriesone small Lemon (peeled)about 20 drops of liquid Stevia (use whatever sweetener you like - I used to use dates before I went low-glycemic)two large hands full of spinachone Avocadowater and ice (to whatever consistency you prefer)Avocado turns things into a "mousse" like texture (IMO)I'm eating it with a spoon from a bowl right now and loving it.What did YOU make in your Vitamix today???

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

Well I got my machine yesterday!! I was very excited to try it out so right away I made the kids a smoothie with rice milk as my little guy has issues with cows milk. I have been making smoothies for a long time so it was so nice to just use my same methods and see how smooth it was! 

I made Broccoli/cheddar soup for supper, my kids didn't think too much of it and my hubby had been add some chunks to his..Ha ha! I thought it was good, just needed to get rid of the foaminess which I forgot about. 

This morning I made myself a fruit/veggie smoothie and my youngest drank some. I made pancakes for the kids and this afternoon I chopped my veggies for my salad as well as a frozen cappucinno..YUM!Showed my hubby this morning how I could take an apple and water and turn it into a hot applesauce, seeds, stem and all. He was impressed as he often eats the seeds and knows the benefits of them.

Anyway enough of my chatter....CheersTara BCochrane AB CanOn Sat, May 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I've been doing all veggie smoothies a LOT lately, so decided to go back to one with fruit in it and am liking my result.It has an interesting mix of flavors…

about a cup of Blueberriesone small Lemon (peeled)about 20 drops of liquid Stevia (use whatever sweetener you like - I used to use dates before I went low-glycemic)two large hands full of spinach

one Avocadowater and ice (to whatever consistency you prefer)Avocado turns things into a " mousse " like texture (IMO)I'm eating it with a spoon from a bowl right now and loving it.

What did YOU make in your Vitamix today??? 

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

Guest guest

Pretty much like I make ours. But>>>>I have frozen loose whole strawberries and loose froze spinach that I add. No ice needed. I also use flavored Seltzer water in place of the water. Gives it a little Zing!'Pineapples are great right now ($2.99 and huge!!) and I prepare them and put them in the freezer….again…in place of ice. We love a nice Tropical blend…the pineapple is great! Makes about 3 nice glasses…No such thing as a bad smoothie if you like the fruits. It gets them in us!! /:-)On May 12, 2012, at 7:52 PM, Jeri Embrey wrote:

I’m a new-b and have not tried anything other than green smoothies... yet... But, the whole family has at least one a day. <wlEmoticon-smile[1].png>

Today’s is the family favorite:

One apple

One orange (peeled – leaving as much white as possible)

One banana

3 big handfuls of spinach

1 cup water

2 handfuls of ice

I like them cold. <wlEmoticon-smile[1].png>

Jeri

Guest guest

I'm hooked on those make-ahead Oatmeal Smoothies, because I just love having my

breakfast ready when I am. Today, I had this mix:

1/4 c oats

1.5 tsp chia seeds

1/4 c Greek yogurt

1 c unsweetened almond milk

1 frozen small pink lady apple

2 T PB2

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Stevia to taste

Yummy!

Carol

>

> Delicious, but may have gone a bit strong on the ginger today.

>

> Red grapes

> Orange

> Spearmint

> Dates

> A large slice of fresh ginger

> Half can of chunk pineapple in own juice (I know fresh is better)

> 1 large pitted peach

> 1 ripe banana

> 1 golden delicious apple, quartered and seeded

> 1 carrot

> Cinnamon--use this every day, heard it was good for blood sugar levels

> some ice

>

> I usually throw in a celery stalk but am out, made soup last night.

>

> This might be too much stuff for some, but at least try the mint and cinammon

to anything you make.

>