RemedySpot.com

Peanut butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

avoidance or limit. I show them a serving of nuts; tell them calorie content, encourage them to think about their likelihood of eating more than a serving; encourage pre-portioning or using measuring cups/tablespoons etc but in the end I feel that telling people to avoid a food can backfire or make them desire it more.

Just my thoughts

Laschkewitsch RD LDDietitian, Legacy Obesity Institute(503) 413-8135

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of amberf2kSent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:17 AM Subject: Peanut Butter

What does everyone tell there patients about intake of peanut butter and nuts? I suggest avoidance of these because of the high calorie to protein ratio (unless no more than 1 tbsp per day is used to flavor a protein shake).Thanks

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

Guest guest

I actually made a handout and talked about

nuts at support group and revival soy was nice enough to donate soy nuts for

everyone to taste – I attached the flyer incase anyone wants it….

K. Mackie, MS, RD, LDN

Southeast Bariatrics, P.A.

2300-A Randolph Road

Charlotte, NC 28207

(704) 347-4144 x 214

hkennedy@...

www.southeastbariatrics.com

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Laschkwitsch, :LPH Obes

Inst

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 3:02

PM

To:

Subject: RE:

Peanut Butter

avoidance or limit. I

show them a serving of nuts; tell them calorie content, encourage them to think

about their likelihood of eating more than a serving; encourage pre-portioning

or using measuring cups/tablespoons etc but in the end I feel that

telling people to avoid a food can backfire or make them desire it

more.

Just my thoughts

Laschkewitsch RD LD

Dietitian, Legacy Obesity Institute

(503) 413-8135

Peanut Butter

What does everyone tell there patients about intake of

peanut butter

and nuts? I suggest avoidance of these because of the high calorie to

protein ratio (unless no more than 1 tbsp per day is used to flavor a

protein shake).

Thanks

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any

attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is

intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you

are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the

message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message

is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is

intended to be a legally binding signature.

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of KennedySent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:23 AM Subject: RE: Peanut Butter

I actually made a handout and talked about nuts at support group and revival soy was nice enough to donate soy nuts for everyone to taste – I attached the flyer incase anyone wants it….

K. Mackie, MS, RD, LDN

Southeast Bariatrics, P.A.

2300-A Randolph Road

Charlotte, NC 28207

(704) 347-4144 x 214

hkennedysoutheastbariatrics

www.southeastbariatrics.com

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Laschkwitsch, :LPH Obes InstSent: Friday, July 13, 2007 3:02 PM Subject: RE: Peanut Butter

avoidance or limit. I show them a serving of nuts; tell them calorie content, encourage them to think about their likelihood of eating more than a serving; encourage pre-portioning or using measuring cups/tablespoons etc but in the end I feel that telling people to avoid a food can backfire or make them desire it more.

Just my thoughts

Laschkewitsch RD LDDietitian, Legacy Obesity Institute(503) 413-8135

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of amberf2kSent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:17 AM Subject: Peanut Butter

What does everyone tell there patients about intake of peanut butter and nuts? I suggest avoidance of these because of the high calorie to protein ratio (unless no more than 1 tbsp per day is used to flavor a protein shake).Thanks

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is intended for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

I am a fairly new Vitamix owner and haven't done alot with it yet. So I just

had to try the peanut butter. I didn't really need peanut butter right now but

I just wanted to play. Awesome. It isn't totally smooth but mostly. I didn't

want to blow the machine up. lol. And clean up wasn't too bad.

Guest guest

Don't forget to use a recipe that requires peanut butter to pre-clean the peanut butter out of the container! :-) /message/20747And here are a lot of additional links related to making nut butters:/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Nut_Butters_001327151680/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Sherry wrote:

I am a fairly new Vitamix owner and haven't done alot with it yet. So I just had to try the peanut butter. I didn't really need peanut butter right now but I just wanted to play. Awesome. It isn't totally smooth but mostly. I didn't want to blow the machine up. lol. And clean up wasn't too bad.

Guest guest

Hi…I am hoping to make y first nut utter this weekend. And I had thought to make something after that will clean out the nut butter! Great suggestions!!i always try to use my VM in order so I can use without washing in between projects….The last time I did potatoes for hash brows with onion followed by scrambled eggs….I just love skipping a cleaning step!!ShirleyOn Jun 9, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Don't forget to use a recipe that requires peanut butter to pre-clean the peanut butter out of the container! :-) /message/20747And here are a lot of additional links related to making nut butters:/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Nut_Butters_001327151680/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 9, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Sherry wrote:

I am a fairly new Vitamix owner and haven't done alot with it yet. So I just had to try the peanut butter. I didn't really need peanut butter right now but I just wanted to play. Awesome. It isn't totally smooth but mostly. I didn't want to blow the machine up. lol. And clean up wasn't too bad.

Guest guest

Can I make pistachio butter or Brazil Nut butter?EdOn Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Sherry <slloyd1@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I have made nut butter every 2 weeks for months now in my Vitamix for a friend

and some for me too. It ALWAYS comes out creamy smooth just as store bought

peanut butter. If yours is not that creamy, you could stop the Vitamix, let it

rest and blend again. Or you could add a little oil. If you are making a nut

butter with almonds, add a teaspoon of almond oil to get the Vitamix blending

the nut butter smoother. If you are only grinding up almonds, they are a very

hard nut and it would be helpful to add a softer nut like pecans, walnuts or

cashews to grind with them. I also find that if I roast the nuts they grind up

much easier and are much smoother than using raw nuts.

I made 3 different kinds of pistachio butter for my brother's birthday last

year. None of them were good. They were too thick, hard to spread and did not

grind up all the way even with adding lots of oil. If anyone else has been able

to make pistachio butter, let us know how you did it. And shelling the nuts

took a lot of extra time too.

You can add Brazil nuts to your nut butter. I have done it several times. My

favorite blend now is almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds

and a few flax seeds (I do not roast the flax seeds) and a little cinnamon.

Janet

Guest guest

I think perhaps I could have let it run a few seconds more. I just hadn't made

it before so not sure what I was doing. It says not to let it run more than a

minute after it gets the nuts ground up and I doubt I ran it that long. I was

going to time it but forgot to push start on the timer. Honestly it was so

close to smooth though that it doesn't matter.

sherry

>

> I have made nut butter every 2 weeks for months now in my Vitamix for a friend

and some for me too. It ALWAYS comes out creamy smooth just as store bought

peanut butter. If yours is not that creamy, you could stop the Vitamix, let it

rest and blend again. Or you could add a little oil. If you are making a nut

butter with almonds, add a teaspoon of almond oil to get the Vitamix blending

the nut butter smoother. If you are only grinding up almonds, they are a very

hard nut and it would be helpful to add a softer nut like pecans, walnuts or

cashews to grind with them. I also find that if I roast the nuts they grind up

much easier and are much smoother than using raw nuts.

>

> I made 3 different kinds of pistachio butter for my brother's birthday last

year. None of them were good. They were too thick, hard to spread and did not

grind up all the way even with adding lots of oil. If anyone else has been able

to make pistachio butter, let us know how you did it. And shelling the nuts

took a lot of extra time too.

>

> You can add Brazil nuts to your nut butter. I have done it several times. My

favorite blend now is almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds

and a few flax seeds (I do not roast the flax seeds) and a little cinnamon.

>

> Janet

>

Guest guest

I am going to try your favorite combo-sounds very good but may leave out cinnamon until I taste it. GinnySent from Ginny's iPhoneOn Jun 9, 2012, at 7:09 PM, "Sherry" <slloyd1@...> wrote:

I think perhaps I could have let it run a few seconds more. I just hadn't made it before so not sure what I was doing. It says not to let it run more than a minute after it gets the nuts ground up and I doubt I ran it that long. I was going to time it but forgot to push start on the timer. Honestly it was so close to smooth though that it doesn't matter.

sherry

>

> I have made nut butter every 2 weeks for months now in my Vitamix for a friend and some for me too. It ALWAYS comes out creamy smooth just as store bought peanut butter. If yours is not that creamy, you could stop the Vitamix, let it rest and blend again. Or you could add a little oil. If you are making a nut butter with almonds, add a teaspoon of almond oil to get the Vitamix blending the nut butter smoother. If you are only grinding up almonds, they are a very hard nut and it would be helpful to add a softer nut like pecans, walnuts or cashews to grind with them. I also find that if I roast the nuts they grind up much easier and are much smoother than using raw nuts.

>

> I made 3 different kinds of pistachio butter for my brother's birthday last year. None of them were good. They were too thick, hard to spread and did not grind up all the way even with adding lots of oil. If anyone else has been able to make pistachio butter, let us know how you did it. And shelling the nuts took a lot of extra time too.

>

> You can add Brazil nuts to your nut butter. I have done it several times. My favorite blend now is almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and a few flax seeds (I do not roast the flax seeds) and a little cinnamon.

>

> Janet

>

=