RemedySpot.com

Re: Mayo- huge mess

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Stefani - I use variable speed #1 (the slowest speed possible) to make mayonnaise. I never looked in the cookbook - did they say to use high? To make butter I use variable speed 10 (my butter is done in seconds), and to make whipped cream I use somewhere in-between one and ten - whatever speed seems to be working best…Keep in mind, I have a 5200 - if you have a creations Elite motor base or any of the motor bases that have true variable-to-high, the numbers won't match up.Mayonnaise is traditionally made with a mixer. The lower variable speeds are like a mixer. High is just way too high.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 11, 2012, at 9:33 AM, iamsaffie wrote:

Ive been making mayonnaise with my hand mixer with GREAT success for 2 years. I tried to make the mayo in the Vitamix this morning and wasted nearly 4 cups of expensive oil and farm fresh eggs! What a huge disappointment. I followed the instructions in the cookbook to the letter and within 30 seconds it was a warm oily eggy soup mixture. Also had the same problem one time when I tried to make whipped cream. This machine heats things up WAY to quickly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stefani

Guest guest

Yes it says high for 1 minute. My machine says Professional series 200.

>

> Ive been making mayonnaise with my hand mixer with GREAT success for 2 years.

I tried to make the mayo in the Vitamix this morning and wasted nearly 4 cups of

expensive oil and farm fresh eggs! What a huge disappointment. I followed the

instructions in the cookbook to the letter and within 30 seconds it was a warm

oily eggy soup mixture. Also had the same problem one time when I tried to make

whipped cream. This machine heats things up WAY to quickly.

>

> Any thoughts?

>

> Thanks

> Stefani

>

Guest guest

Hello Stefani,That's insane - sorry, I have no idea what they are thinking??? (your Pro 200 = my 5200).Their directions on how to make nut butter is lacking IMO as well. Sorry that you wasted those ingredients - try mayonnaise on variable speed #1 and I am certain you will have no problems!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 11, 2012, at 11:01 AM, iamsaffie wrote:

>

> Ive been making mayonnaise with my hand mixer with GREAT success for 2 years. I tried to make the mayo in the Vitamix this morning and wasted nearly 4 cups of expensive oil and farm fresh eggs! What a huge disappointment. I followed the instructions in the cookbook to the letter and within 30 seconds it was a warm oily eggy soup mixture. Also had the same problem one time when I tried to make whipped cream. This machine heats things up WAY to quickly.

>

> Any thoughts?

>

> Thanks

> Stefani

>

Guest guest

Could you save it and add it to other things like a soup or something?Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Stefani,That's insane - sorry, I have no idea what they are thinking???  (your Pro 200 = my 5200).Their directions on how to make nut butter is lacking IMO as well.  

Sorry that you wasted those ingredients - try mayonnaise on variable speed #1 and I am certain you will have no problems!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

>

> Ive been making mayonnaise with my hand mixer with GREAT success for 2 years. I tried to make the mayo in the Vitamix this morning and wasted nearly 4 cups of expensive oil and farm fresh eggs! What a huge disappointment. I followed the instructions in the cookbook to the letter and within 30 seconds it was a warm oily eggy soup mixture. Also had the same problem one time when I tried to make whipped cream. This machine heats things up WAY to quickly.

>

> Any thoughts?

>

> Thanks

> Stefani

>

Guest guest

Sounds to me like you are drizzling the oil in slowly like you would when making

it by hand or with a mixer. That would be long enough for the Vitamix to heat.

You need to add the oil in a steady stream. It shouldn't take more than 10 or 15

seconds to add one cup of oil to your egg in the VitaMix. The vita mix is so

powerful it emulsifies the mix much faster than a mixer would or making it by

hand would.

 Sent from my iPadHD

Guest guest

I use mine on the highest variable setting and as I said it takes me about 15 seconds. Sent from my iPadHDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Stefani,That's insane - sorry, I have no idea what they are thinking??? (your Pro 200 = my 5200).Their directions on how to make nut butter is lacking IMO as well. Sorry that you wasted those ingredients - try mayonnaise on variable speed #1 and I am certain you will have no problems!

>

>

> Any thoughts?

>

> Thanks

> Stefani

>

Guest guest

Nope, I didn't drizzle the oil. I actually don't drizzle the oil when I make it

with the mixer either even though most recipes say to do that. It probably took

me no longer than 10 seconds to add it. I did exactly what the recipe called

for. Had it on 60 seconds total. Hot soupy mess. Tried it twice.

Thanks for advice. I'll Try one more time.

Guest guest

For what it's worth, I've made it exactly as described in the VM book with no difficulties. Only difference in what I do is that I go to variable speed 10 but not high (I found that high splatters more--not crazy amounts, but enough that it's counterproductive), and I only add 1 1/4 c oil instead of 1 3/4 c (if I recall).

-- " Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. " --Anonymous

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Stef Riggs <iamsaffie@...> wrote:

Nope, I didn't drizzle the oil. I actually don't drizzle the oil when I make it with the mixer either even though most recipes say to do that. It probably took me no longer than 10 seconds to add it. I did exactly what the recipe called for. Had it on 60 seconds total. Hot soupy mess. Tried it twice.

Guest guest

I just do I egg to I cup oil. Some other stuff too..lemon juice, a little dry mustard and a touch if wet mustard, that kind of thing but my ratio makes a thick mayo. After its emulsified I sometimes add a slash if water or even milk if I want a thinner mayo. Sent from my iPadHDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 9:01 PM, Kartik Sribarra <kartiksrinivas@...> wrote:

For what it's worth, I've made it exactly as described in the VM book with no difficulties. Only difference in what I do is that I go to variable speed 10 but not high (I found that high splatters more--not crazy amounts, but enough that it's counterproductive), and I only add 1 1/4 c oil instead of 1 3/4 c (if I recall).

--"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."--Anonymous

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Stef Riggs <iamsaffie@...> wrote:

Nope, I didn't drizzle the oil. I actually don't drizzle the oil when I make it with the mixer either even though most recipes say to do that. It probably took me no longer than 10 seconds to add it. I did exactly what the recipe called for. Had it on 60 seconds total. Hot soupy mess. Tried it twice.