RemedySpot.com

Re: Tamper is toast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

RIP tamper!

Fran

In a message dated 7/11/2012 3:58:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tpogue@... writes:

You're going to love this I just totally messed up my tamper. My food processor sits right next to my Vitamix on the counter. The food processor I use is a Brevell which is the Vitamix of food processors. I'm making ginger carrot soup and I had chopped up the garlic , onion and ginger in the food processor. I put that in the sauté pan with some butter to cook and went back to slice my carrots. I changed the blade in the food processor to an adjustable slicer and put the top on, then put a carrot in the hole and reached behind to grab the thing you push with. I call that little thing of pusher but you know it's like a small tamper. I grabbed the Vitamix tamper instead. Both items are the same diameter so they fit in both machines unfortunately. Well the Breville food processor being such a champ took the end right off the tamper in one neat slice. I wrote to Lea Ann to make sure I was supposed to order through I'm just looking for the fastest way to get it.

Stupid stupid

Terry

Guest guest

Well, my bet is that you will never do that again - WHO do you think has chewed up TWO tampers??? ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 11, 2012, at 4:12 PM, fradal@... wrote:

RIP tamper!

Fran

In a message dated 7/11/2012 3:58:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tpogue@... writes:

You're going to love this I just totally messed up my tamper. My food processor sits right next to my Vitamix on the counter. The food processor I use is a Brevell which is the Vitamix of food processors. I'm making ginger carrot soup and I had chopped up the garlic , onion and ginger in the food processor. I put that in the sauté pan with some butter to cook and went back to slice my carrots. I changed the blade in the food processor to an adjustable slicer and put the top on, then put a carrot in the hole and reached behind to grab the thing you push with. I call that little thing of pusher but you know it's like a small tamper. I grabbed the Vitamix tamper instead. Both items are the same diameter so they fit in both machines unfortunately. Well the Breville food processor being such a champ took the end right off the tamper in one neat slice. I wrote to Lea Ann to make sure I was supposed to order through I'm just looking for the fastest way to get it.

Stupid stupid

Terry

Guest guest

When I did something similar, I just called the company.  They replaced it for free.  Said they would replace it once. The next one, I buy!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:

You're going to love this I just totally messed up my tamper. My food processor sits right next to my Vitamix on the counter.  The food processor I use is a Brevell which is the Vitamix of food processors. I'm making ginger carrot soup and I had chopped up the garlic , onion and ginger in the food processor. I put that in the sauté pan with some butter to cook and went back to slice my carrots. I changed the blade in the food processor to an adjustable slicer and put the top on,  then put a carrot in the hole and reached behind to grab the thing you push with. I call that little thing of pusher but you know it's like a small tamper.  I grabbed the Vitamix tamper instead. Both items are the same diameter so they fit in both machines unfortunately. Well the Breville food processor being such a champ took the end  right off the tamper in one neat slice.

I wrote to Lea Ann to make sure I was supposed to order through I'm just looking for the fastest way to get it.Stupid stupidTerry

Guest guest

Yep. Lesson Learned. I do so many similar things in both machines but this is

one mistake I won't repeat I'm sure. I did leave a message. She out of

the office and will call me tomorrow. Rena, thanks for the tip on VM replacing

the tamper free one time. I had already placed my call in to but when I

talk with her I am going to order a dry container for a friend. Might as well

while I have her on the phone.

On Jul 11, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

>

>

> Well, my bet is that you will never do that again - WHO do you think has

chewed up TWO tampers??? ;-)

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.BlenderLady.com

> (AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

> <:)))><

>

> On Jul 11, 2012, at 4:12 PM, fradal@... wrote:

>

>

> RIP tamper!

>

> Fran

>

> In a message dated 7/11/2012 3:58:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

tpogue@... writes:

>

> You're going to love this I just totally messed up my tamper. My food

processor sits right next to my Vitamix on the counter. The food processor I

use is a Brevell which is the Vitamix of food processors. I'm making ginger

carrot soup and I had chopped up the garlic , onion and ginger in the food

processor. I put that in the sauté pan with some butter to cook and went back to

slice my carrots. I changed the blade in the food processor to an adjustable

slicer and put the top on, then put a carrot in the hole and reached behind to

grab the thing you push with. I call that little thing of pusher but you know

it's like a small tamper. I grabbed the Vitamix tamper instead. Both items are

the same diameter so they fit in both machines unfortunately. Well the Breville

food processor being such a champ took the end right off the tamper in one neat

slice.

>

> I wrote to Lea Ann to make sure I was supposed to order through I'm

just looking for the fastest way to get it.

> Stupid stupid

> Terry

>

>

>

>

>

>