RemedySpot.com

Creating heat in the dry container when grinding grains - was - Love the 32 oz container size

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Creating heat is one of the reasons I never recommend grinding grains in the wet container (it can be done, but it isn't ideal). The wet container sucks things down to the bottom of the container and creates heat. The dry container blows things up towards the top of the container and "helps" to reduce the heating of the flour as it is grinding. However, there is still heat production so I like to freeze my grains before grinding and only grind one cup at a time in an effort to keep the final product cooler.One would have to measure the temperature of the final product from both appliances to know how the two compare.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 5, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Bikfalvy wrote:

1) I have ground up almond pulp in my regular cheap-o blender, and it worked. The flour did get hot, though. I imagine the Vitamix would work much better!2) On that note, I was on a site that highly recommends the Vitamix but says not to use it to grind grains because it gets them too hot. The site recommended a particular grain mill for grains and the Vitamix for everything else. It said the heat would lower the nutrients of the flour. Any opinions on that? The Vitamix dry container is a lot cheaper than the grain mill they recommended...and like I said, I have used a regular blender to grind grains, although it didn't work that well.

I am interested in getting into grinding my own flours for the taste and nutrition, but I am not sure what to invest in. --