Kirk

Sprouts

Parched midsummer

breath skims emergent seedlings

which rise to the day

When I think about the intention in the life force of seeds it always changes

my awareness, changes how I place my attention. Sproutingly,

Guest guest

that is a beautiful haiku...thanks for sharing it with us.

> Parched midsummer

> breath skims emergent seedlings

> which rise to the day

>

> When I think about the intention in the life force of seeds it always

changes my awareness, changes how I place my attention. Sproutingly,

>

>

>

Guest guest

Lovely, lovely poem. My father, old and well lived is dying, my heart

breaks, even with a glimpse of the Devine. Your poem brought me peace,

thank you

Diane

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

My sprouting experiment is coming along nicely. I have almost eaten 4 trays of

alfalfa sprouts in smoothies now. I started a new batch with red clover but I

staggered the starting this time so I don't have a whole bunch of sprouts at one

time. I had some chia seeds and sprouted them too. Chia seed are weird because

once you add water the water starts to gel and doesn't drain as do the other

seeds. As long as there was a gel of liquid I left them alone and while some

seeds did sprout many did not. If anyone has any thoughts on sprouting chia

seeds please chime in.

I stumbled on a tasty combination today. I mixed an orange with a 1/2 cup or so

pineapple and some alfalfa sprouts with some ice and it was very good. It was

the orange/pineapple combination I found appealing. I am sure any other green

would be good as well.

Tom

Guest guest

I used broccoli sprouts in my smoothie today... I got some of the Sproutamo sprouters a year or so ago and in the instructions they did say not to use chia seeds because of the problems with gelling.

Sprouts

My sprouting experiment is coming along nicely. I have almost eaten 4 trays of alfalfa sprouts in smoothies now. I started a new batch with red clover but I staggered the starting this time so I don't have a whole bunch of sprouts at one time. I had some chia seeds and sprouted them too. Chia seed are weird because once you add water the water starts to gel and doesn't drain as do the other seeds. As long as there was a gel of liquid I left them alone and while some seeds did sprout many did not. If anyone has any thoughts on sprouting chia seeds please chime in.I stumbled on a tasty combination today. I mixed an orange with a 1/2 cup or so pineapple and some alfalfa sprouts with some ice and it was very good. It was the orange/pineapple combination I found appealing. I am sure any other green would be good as well.Tom

Guest guest

I was just on Mumms Sprouting website, and they sell chia seed and have further instructions for sprouting them...

http://sprouting.com/canstore/contents/en-ca/p40.html

i bought from this company early last year and was very pleased with what I received.... Highly recommend fenugreek....

Re: Sprouts

I used broccoli sprouts in my smoothie today... I got some of the Sproutamo sprouters a year or so ago and in the instructions they did say not to use chia seeds because of the problems with gelling.

Guest guest

I would suggest that you add small amount of alfalfa sprouts to your smoothie at first.  To me alfalfa sprouts have a strong earthy flavor that can overpower your drink.  An earthy flavor is a euphemism for it tastes like dirt to me.  I found I liked them better on salads where he dressing masked the taste.  My red clover sprouts will be ready in a couple of day so hopefully they will agree more with my taste buds. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of LeskovarSent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:27 PM Subject: Re: Sprouts I am just starting to experiment with sprouting. I have my first alfalfa seeds sprouting now in the trays. The orange and pineapple drink sounds good. From: tmatuschak <pmatus@...> Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 3:10 PMSubject: Sprouts My sprouting experiment is coming along nicely. I have almost eaten 4 trays of alfalfa sprouts in smoothies now. I started a new batch with red clover but I staggered the starting this time so I don't have a whole bunch of sprouts at one time. I had some chia seeds and sprouted them too. Chia seed are weird because once you add water the water starts to gel and doesn't drain as do the other seeds. As long as there was a gel of liquid I left them alone and while some seeds did sprout many did not. If anyone has any thoughts on sprouting chia seeds please chime in.I stumbled on a tasty combination today. I mixed an orange with a 1/2 cup or so pineapple and some alfalfa sprouts with some ice and it was very good. It was the orange/pineapple combination I found appealing. I am sure any other green would be good as well.Tom