RemedySpot.com

Stevia Question - was - KISS Green Smoothies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Caroline,I used to use Sweet Leaf Brand liquid Stevia until someone on the list recommended NuNaturals, and now NuNaturals Alcohol Free Vanilla Stevia is my all time favorite (also a liquid).I personally would not use Truvia because it is not pure Stevia - there are other ingredients in there. I prefer liquid to powders because I can sweeten 3 cups of coffee with one packet of powdered stevia and it is very hard to measure 1/3 of a packet of powdered stevia, while it is easy to measure drops of liquid. Are you using a whole packet of Truvia at once? That might be why it tastes bitter to you? But it can also be that you have taste buds similar to my husband. No matter the amount - he can't stand the after taste of Stevia. For me, it is Stevia or NO sweetener (I have issues with sugar and yeast). Also, lucky for me, if I don't use too much, I never taste an after taste...I have Stevia growing in my garden, but Stevia leaves are not as concentrated as liquid stevia (and I'm too lazy to make my own tincture ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:29 PM, sweet.caroline wrote:

Lee Ann, Do you put a few Stevia leaves in (dried or fresh) or do you dry and grind your stevia leaves or are you using commercial stevia? I found truvia to be very biterand won't drink it. I liked Spleda and have been told that Stevia is sweet and btter than truvia as truvia has only a couple of the parts while stevia doesn't have the bitter taste. So I wanted to know how you use it. I saw on youtube that was put into a tincture with vodka and that probably makes someone happy when they use that. LOL.

> >

> > Hello,

> >

> > I just wanted to share that I like KISS Green Smoothies… (Keep It Simple Sweetheart ;-)

> >

> > Lately I've just been using ONE fruit, and ONE kind of Green, + ice, water, and Stevia to taste.

> >

> > Today I used red Raspberries to the 2 cup line + Red Swiss Chard

> >

> > The day before I used 1/2 of a Lemon (peeled), Kale, + ice, water, and Stevia to taste. (Green Lemonade)

> >

> > The day before that I used one Orange (peeled), Kale + ice, water, and Stevia to taste. (Green Orange Juice)

> >

> > Tomorrow will be Blackberries + the rest of the Swiss Chard + ice, water, and Stevia to taste.

> >

> > The day after that - Blueberries, etc.

> >

> > After several days of sweet based, I'll be craving Savory Smoothies again…

> > /links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Blended_Salads___Cold_Green_Soups____Sal_001327151383/

> >

> > I've been doing this for almost 5 years now, and admittedly I can tolerate Green Smoothies that are less than yummy. But they are good enough to me that I still have one every day (some days savory, some days fruit based).

> >

> > Oh, one more thing - when I KISS like this, the smoothie is easily and quickly digested. If you are the kind of person who has tummy and digestion "issues" I highly recommend against making Green Smoothies with anything but fruit/greens/water/sweetener of your choice. They digest easier this way.

> >

> > Blessings,

> > Lea Ann Savage

> > Satellite Beach, FL

> > (321) 773-7088 (home)

> > (321-961-9219 (cell)

> > www.BlenderLady.com

> > (AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)

> > <:)))><

> >

>