RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Making salves (was: Lemon Balm anyone?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Ohh! Very cool! Thanks for this, Connie!"

And I meant to add that you do not HAVE to do the oil infusing. If you have some of your favorite essential oils on hand, you can use those instead by simply adding them to your beeswax/veg. oil after removing from heat.

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

www.LostRiverNaturals.com

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

~free shipping special!

$35 One Hour Massage

Connie,

Thanks for this info. I've been going through some old notes and found a couple of things I was hoping you might comment on.

1st - old fashioned peppermint liniment helps restore skin elasticity, and

2nd - balm of 1 ounce melted coconut oil + 1 teaspoon essential lemongrass oil will tighten skin overtime

Also, what do you think of straight vitamin e on skin to reduce wrinkling?

I wonder if you use or know how effective any of these are? Is a balm and a liniment the same thing? (Sorry if that is a duh question!)

Peace on earth.

Cheryl

Re: Re:Making salves (was: Lemon Balm anyone?)

And I meant to add that you do not HAVE to do the oil infusing. If you have some of your favorite essential oils on hand, you can use those instead by simply adding them to your beeswax/veg. oil after removing from heat.

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

~free shipping special!

$35 One Hour Massage

Cheryl Wrote:

"Thanks for this info. I've been going through some old notes and found a couple of things I was hoping you might comment on.

1st - old fashioned peppermint liniment helps restore skin elasticity, and

2nd - balm of 1 ounce melted coconut oil + 1 teaspoon essential lemongrass oil will tighten skin overtime

Also, what do you think of straight vitamin e on skin to reduce wrinkling?

I wonder if you use or know how effective any of these are? Is a balm and a liniment the same thing? (Sorry if that is a duh question!)"

A liniment is made like a tincture, but it is only for external use. I have yet to make either! So, no, it's not like a salve or ointment.

I'm not sure if straight vit E would reduce wrinkles or not. My mom swears that one of my infusions has smoothed her skin! I would probably use a blend of nourishing veg. oils along with some of the recommended essential oils and herbs for aging skin (lavender, neroli, chamomile, frankincense, rose, lemon balm, comfrey, etc)

I LOVE org. coconut oil for skin. This is what I use most often on my face, and body after bathing. Peppermint is anti-inflammatory, so I suppose it would work for aging skin. I would not use 1 teaspoon of lemongrass EO to one ounce of coconut oil personally; lemongrass can burn if not diluted properly, but I do use a few DROPS of it in my blemish sugar scrub.

A wonderful book to look into is "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy" by Ann Worwood and my FAVORITE book to use is Rosemary Gladstar's "Family Herbal". There you will find info on herbs and how to make simple products for everyday use.

:o)

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

~free shipping special!

$35 One Hour Massage

Okay - good to know!(I STILL can't trim some of these posts)!?

Ev

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

~free shipping special!

$35 One Hour Massage