RemedySpot.com

Re: Lemon Balm anyone?/Salve making

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sorry if this comes through twice; I didn't see my post and I sent it over an hour ago?

It's soooo easy. Well the whole process is kinda involved but after you make your infused oil, you can easily make your salve. Choose which herbs you'll use, dried is best for this so there is no water in the herbs to later cause a problem with bacteria.

After you've selected your dried herbs, place them in a double boiler and cover with oil (I like to use any of the following: olive, grapeseed, safflower, sesame, sweet almond, etc.)

Then you'll let the herbs infuse the oil over a low heat for several hours. The herbs will look a little crispy when completed.

I then strain the herbs from the oil using a cheese cloth lined strainer. Then place the infused oil back into the (clean) double boiler and add 1/4 cup of beeswax beads for each cup of oil. Pour into small containers and voila! you have your herbal salve. You can add more or less beeswax to your liking, but I find that this ratio works well.

If you'd like the more "magical" way of infusing your oil, you can place the herbs/oil in a jar with a tight lid and leave outside in a sunny spot for 2 weeks to a few months.

:o)

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

www.LostRiverNaturals.com

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

~free shipping special!

$35 One Hour Massage