RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Fruit or Veggie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why would you keep tomatoes out of your greens? Greens are in a class by themselves according to Boutenko. I put greens and fruit together every day in a green smoothie. Today I had a whole cantelope and about 1/2# of spinach.

I'd say go ahead and eat them maters with your greens.

Shari

The reasons were twofold: Years ago, I read a book written by a doctor who has a fibromyalgia clinic in Tampa, FL., who said that tomatoes (among other foods) should be avoided by people who have fibro or rheumatoid arthritis. Secondly, in food combining, fruits are not to be eaten with ANY other foods, which would mean leaving the tomatoes out of my greens.

But I'm not sure if I will do that or not. I never noticed being troubled by the tomatoes in the greens, but then, I never noticed just how profoundly I had been troubled by caffeine until I was away from it for a while. Now? I completely agree with Hahnemann about just what a dreadful poison caffeine is!!!

Ev

Why would you keep tomatoes out of your greens? Greens are in a class by themselves according to Boutenko. I put greens and fruit together every day in a green smoothie. Today I had a whole cantelope and about 1/2# of spinach.

I'd say go ahead and eat them maters with your greens.

Shari

Ev - don't know what books you've been reading, but you might try "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr. Doug Graham. Dr. D is very well known in the raw world and he even eats greens with fruit.

Another excellent book is "Green for Life" by Boutenko in which she talks about greens being in a class all their own. And she gives combinations of fruit and greens.

Now melons are a different story. Those are to be eaten first and alone.

I have read about nightshades and arthritis, lupus, and the like. That includes potatoes, right?

Shari

Ev - don't know what books you've been reading, but you might try "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr. Doug Graham. Dr. D is very well known in the raw world and he even eats greens with fruit.

Another excellent book is "Green for Life" by Boutenko in which she talks about greens being in a class all their own. And she gives combinations of fruit and greens.

~~~~~Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look for them in the library next trip!

Now melons are a different story. Those are to be eaten first and alone.

I have read about nightshades and arthritis, lupus, and the like. That includes potatoes, right?

Shari

~~~~~~I think so, I don't recall. I read the fibromylagia book YEARS ago. He mentioned something about salt, too - anybody have a clue what Roth[man's?] salt is??

Ev, who seriously needs to shower so's me an' the Man can go to the Fair!!

I completely agree with Hahnemann about just what a dreadful poison caffeine is!!! Ev

I found that out too. The kicker is that caffeine is a pain killer so I would drink it without knowing for pain relief. But the next day the pain is worse than ever. No more for me, except rarely.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiaaeranch@...

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Yup, I'm an idiot,

Get your Bob ready

Bobby McKee

-- RE: Fruit or Veggie

Corn?? Wait! I thought corn was considered a grain!Ev"A hundred million miracles are happening every day!"