RemedySpot.com

My Wolf berries!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

G'Morning, All!

So, having seen that my wolf berry plants were bearing nicely - their first full summer! - I was collecting some. My neighbor pulled into her driveway, so I called her over to taste them. But she asked if I had any tomatoes, and Henry, who had walked out just then, said, "No!" so she went in to get some for us.

(Actually, I do have tomatoes, but they don't seem to be doing very well this year).

Anyway, she came back with 4 or so tomatoes in a paper bag for us, I thanked her and handed her the container of berries to taste some. "Check these out," I said.

She took the whole container!!! {:-O

I had to laugh - it wasn't my intention to give away the bulk of this year's crop, but I didn't want to say, "Hey, thanks for the tomatoes - now gimme back my berries!" And the shrubs aren't finished yet - we'll have more in a week or so.

But oh my! I'll be more careful how I present things in the future!!

And does ANYONE know how to train blackberries? Not precisely like "sit-stay" (!), but these things are savage and taking over my whole container garden! I'm not sure exactly what armor to wear in dealing with the canes - even the very LEAVES have thorns!!! The * & %$#@! tag on the plants when I bought them said "thornless" but these puppies are anything but thornless. And now it has spread, become way beyond unwieldy, and ambitious, to boot. I don't know what to do with it!

Ev