RemedySpot.com

Mexican Cheese Salad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Add extra nutrition and a Mexican flair to your salad by adding black beans, grated low-fat cheese and salsa. The anthoycyanins, which give black beans their beautiful dark coloration, also provide you with an extra rich concentration of of phytonutrients to help combat free radical activity.

Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes Ingredients:

1 head romaine lettuce 1 15-oz can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained 1 medium avocado, cubed 1 medium tomato, diced 2 oz cheddar cheese, grated salsa lime wedges

Directions:

Chop lettuce and place on salad plate. Sprinkle beans, avocado and tomato over lettuce. Top with cheddar cheese, your favorite salsa and the juice of lime wedges.Serves 2

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

Gayla,

You know I post for everyone.. some people are totally raw, organic, some 1/2 way, some just improving on their choices... and you can save the recipe for when things come in season.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

From: Gayla <aeranch@...>Subject: Re: Mexican cheese saladhealth Date: Monday, June 15, 2009, 10:30 AM

Sorry, I gotta chime in here. Tomatoes are out of season, avocados are not local by any means. Low fat cheese is processed past my tolerance.

If those objections are ok with you, go for it. I am trying to stay local, organic and in season.

Gayla

Bob and Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, CA

Mexican cheese salad

If you don't know what to have for dinner tonight ...

Add extra nutrition and a Mexican flair to your salad by adding black beans, grated low-fat cheese and salsa. The anthoycyanins, which give black beans their beautiful dark coloration, also provide you with an extra rich concentration of of phytonutrients to help combat free radical activity.

Mexican Cheese Salad

1 head romaine lettuce 1 15-oz can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained 1 medium avocado, cubed 1 medium tomato, diced 2 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated salsa lime wedges

Directions:

Chop lettuce and place on salad plate. Sprinkle beans, avocado and tomato over lettuce. Top with cheddar cheese, your favorite salsa and the juice of lime wedges.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

Guest guest

Yes I know Suzi, and I think you for your time and efforts. Just responding to why it won't work for me.

Now fresh lettuce, cukes, grated squash, grated whole milk cheese (or home mede cheese) and a squeeze of lemon - yes!

Bob and Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, CA

Mexican cheese salad

If you don't know what to have for dinner tonight ...

Mexican Cheese Salad

1 head romaine lettuce 1 15-oz can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained 1 medium avocado, cubed 1 medium tomato, diced 2 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated salsa lime wedges

Directions:

Chop lettuce and place on salad plate. Sprinkle beans, avocado and tomato over lettuce. Top with cheddar cheese, your favorite salsa and the juice of lime wedges.

Suzi

List Owner

health/