RemedySpot.com

Re: I GOT IT!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Faith,I love that you dived right in and tried a bunch of things! (though I would have put step five in place of step one - grin ;-)I see that you figured out what went wrong with the pumpkin ice cream - there is a pumpkin ice cream recipe here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Ice Creams and Sorbets(look for, "'s Pumpkin Ice Cream")/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/Another possibility Links > 1 -RECIPES > Smoothies and Shakes(look for the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie)/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Smoothies_and_Shakes_001327151343/You could make this (with less or no almond milk) then freeze into ice cubes, then mix the frozen ice cubes with the liquid (almond milk) to make it into ice cream.For information on how to turn things into Ice Cream look here:Links > 1 -RECIPES > Ice Creams and Sorbets/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Ice_Creams_001327151538/for "1- Ice Cream Making TECHNIQUE" and here:http://blenderlady.com/recipes/#Ice%20Creamfor more "how to"For help with Nut Butters…Links > 1 -RECIPES > Nut Butters/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Nut_Butters_001327151680/For information on sounds that come out of the machine and what they mean:Links/links/(look for Scary Sounds/Smells) The topics are listed alphabeticallyLemon Curd - I'm so jealous(says Lea Ann who can't have sugar ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 10, 2012, at 1:57 PM, sctrigrl wrote:

It came yesterday while I was at work. I got home and immediately tried to make ice cream - using a can of pumpkin, some coconut milk, ice, and spices, a little honey. FAIL. it tasted like ice, and was pretty liquid like. No problem, I put it in the freezer and will work with it later.

Step two: make a margarita using the whole lime/lemon/orange trick. Delicious! A little foamy on the top, a bit watery, but I didn't use a lot of liquor - and I read somewhere that I needed to have liquid up to the 1/2 cup line, so maybe a bit too much water.

Step three: cashew butter: I dumped three cups of cashews in, and using the tamper, blended the whole thing on high for a total of about 2 minutes, with two rest periods in the middle (I wasn't sure I was doing it right, but after watching the DVD that came with it, I totally was. There was the smell of possibly burning gears, though, which is why I let the machine rest twice).

Step four: smoothies! These turned out much more like the ice cream, with the four mounds. (I think the key to ice cream is frozen ingredients instead of ice.)

Step five: watch the DVD and read all the recipe books.

Later today I may try the lemon curd recipe from here. It's bike to work day, so I'm allowing myself to eat some sugar and see how I feel, anyway!

I so love this Vitamix. Before I got it, I was wondering if I should have switched to the Pro 300, but I'm too enamored with mine now. I do think I want the smaller 32 oz wet container, though. I have the 32 oz dry and the 64 oz wet... but blending smaller amounts (I live alone, so cook mostly for one)( would help me out... I'm also excited to try grinding meat in it. Does anyone do that?

Faith