RemedySpot.com

Question on 12 Step Program - Robyn Openshaw

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has puchased Robyn Openshaw's 12 step program? I've had my vitamix for 3 years and love it and have just really started getting into doing more and more with it. I love my own peanut butter now and have been drinking green smoothies everyday. I just purchased the dry container.

I want to expand my repetiorie on learning about other types of whole foods and just foods in general and wondered if this program would help me.

It seems like she starts slow and doesn't make you go extreme to raw foods. I'm not sold on doing all raw foods for me; but more wanted to learn for educational purposes.

My dad was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer in April and so I've really just been doing a lot of research on different foods and what I need to be eating to ensure my health stays good and things to help him. Since learning about my dad, I've been so stressed out I actually got Shingles for the second time. First time was 20 years ago. I now have a virus attacking my nervous system and so I'm trying to get my health under control; my immune system is down; just crazy what stress can do to you.

I'm not even sure it's okay to ask the question on someone's program? If not, please let me know. It's quite expensive but seems like she might offer information through her research and learning through trial and error. Just don't know if it's worth it.

I just finished watching Sick,Fat and Nearly dead; wow how inspiring.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest guest

Hello ,I haven't seen Robyn's program, but I LOVE "Transitioning To Living Cuisine" by Rene Oswald (who also has a gentle step-by-step program (and you can stop at any step that makes you feel comfortable! http://reneoswald.com/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 27, 2012, at 6:53 PM, wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has puchased Robyn Openshaw's 12 step program? I've had my vitamix for 3 years and love it and have just really started getting into doing more and more with it. I love my own peanut butter now and have been drinking green smoothies everyday. I just purchased the dry container.

I want to expand my repetiorie on learning about other types of whole foods and just foods in general and wondered if this program would help me.

It seems like she starts slow and doesn't make you go extreme to raw foods. I'm not sold on doing all raw foods for me; but more wanted to learn for educational purposes.

My dad was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer in April and so I've really just been doing a lot of research on different foods and what I need to be eating to ensure my health stays good and things to help him. Since learning about my dad, I've been so stressed out I actually got Shingles for the second time. First time was 20 years ago. I now have a virus attacking my nervous system and so I'm trying to get my health under control; my immune system is down; just crazy what stress can do to you.

I'm not even sure it's okay to ask the question on someone's program? If not, please let me know. It's quite expensive but seems like she might offer information through her research and learning through trial and error. Just don't know if it's worth it.

Thank you.

Guest guest

I would be interested in hearing about her program as well. , you are right about stress and how it can take your immune system down. I had been caregiver for my husband (he had Parkinson's w/a dementia) and retired early to look after him at home. Within a month of my being home, my health began to deteriorate. I had multiple issues to deal with and was lucky to have a naturopathic dr. who worked with me and was able to help me out through each health crisis-- and now, eight years later, I'm doing o.k. Through it all, diet was a huge issue. Fortunately, in my home growing up there was always great emphasis on nutrition and eating properly so I at least had an inkling about where to start to seek solutions to some of my problems. My husband has been in a nursing home now for 2 1/2 years and I go in to be with him twice a day every day.... I have had a lot of people comment about how tired they think I must be or how run down they think I must be... but I'm not; I feel great and have lots of energy to do what I need to do. Eat properly, get enough sleep, and be easy on yourself... there's only so much you can do. I think seeking out a good naturopath would also be very helpful. you can p.m. me if you have other questions you think I might be able to help with..

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

Guest guest

being a cancer survivor I can understand your feeling on how cancer affected me, my wife, and family. As you are finding out dealing with cancer is not only a physical problem but an emotional one as well. For me dealing with the emotional issues was almost equally as hard as going through chemo and radiation. I have no knowledge of the book you are thinking about but before purchasing a book for $175 I would like to know more about the author and its contents. There are many support groups that you can join. Here is one but there are others. Don't lose faith,Tom http://www.pancan.org/ From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:53 PM Subject: Question on 12 Step Program - Robyn Openshaw Hi Everyone,I'm wondering if anyone has puchased Robyn Openshaw's 12 step program? I've had my vitamix for 3 years and love it and have just really started getting into doing more and more with it. I love my own peanut butter now and have been drinking green smoothies everyday. I just purchased the dry container. I want to expand my repetiorie on learning about other types of whole foods and just foods in general and wondered if this program would help me. It seems like she starts slow and doesn't make you go extreme to raw foods. I'm not sold on doing all raw foods for me; but more wanted to learn for educational purposes. My dad was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer in April and so I've really just been doing a lot of research on different foods and what I need to be eating to ensure my health stays good and things to help him. Since learning about my dad, I've been so stressed out I actually got Shingles for the second time. First time was 20 years ago. I now have a virus attacking my nervous system and so I'm trying to get my health under control; my immune system is down; just crazy what stress can do to you. I'm not even sure it's okay to ask the question on someone's program? If not, please let me know. It's quite expensive but seems like she might offer information through her research and learning through trial and error. Just don't know if it's worth it. I just finished watching Sick,Fat and Nearly dead; wow how inspiring. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Guest guest

Thank you everyone for information. It's been a great help! I'm digging in and learning more and more from this group. From: Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:58 AM Subject: RE:

being a cancer survivor I can understand your feeling on how cancer affected me, my wife, and family. As you are finding out dealing with cancer is not only a physical problem but an emotional one as well. For me dealing with the emotional issues was almost equally as hard as going through chemo and radiation. I have no knowledge of the book you are thinking about but before purchasing a book for $175 I would like to know more about the author and its contents. There are many support groups that you can join. Here is one but there are others. Don't lose faith,Tom http://www.pancan.org/ From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:53 PM Subject: Question on 12

Step Program - Robyn Openshaw Hi Everyone,I'm wondering if anyone has puchased Robyn Openshaw's 12 step program? I've had my vitamix for 3 years and love it and have just really started getting into doing more and more with it. I love my own peanut butter now and have been drinking green smoothies everyday. I just purchased the dry container. I want to expand my repetiorie on learning about other types of whole foods and just foods in general and wondered if this program would help me. It seems like she starts slow and doesn't make you go extreme to raw foods. I'm not sold on doing all raw foods for me; but more wanted to learn for educational purposes. My dad was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer in April and so I've really just been doing a lot of

research on different foods and what I need to be eating to ensure my health stays good and things to help him. Since learning about my dad, I've been so stressed out I actually got Shingles for the second time. First time was 20 years ago. I now have a virus attacking my nervous system and so I'm trying to get my health under control; my immune system is down; just crazy what stress can do to you. I'm not even sure it's okay to ask the question on someone's program? If not, please let me know. It's quite expensive but seems like she might offer information through her research and learning through trial and error. Just don't know if it's worth it. I just finished watching Sick,Fat and Nearly dead; wow how inspiring. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.