I had the same experience as your friend. I got my claim approved, but it was

well after I had finished the appeals process unsuccessfully. I did go to the

panel review in person and I'm glad I did even though it did not get my claim

approved. For some reason it helped me feel as if I was doing all that I

could. I am also a very emotional person, but I dressed in a business suit

and went in there thinking all business. I made it through very well and it

was a very short discussion. I had packets of information I had collected for

everyone, plus they each had previously received a copy of all my previous

correspondence (which was a bunch!! LOL!).

Like I said - it didn't win the appeal, but I'm glad I did it.

Marci (Mom to )

Oklahoma

Guest guest

Personally I am sure I will be asking you the same thing in a few weeks. But I talked to a lady by the name of Kerry, she is here in Dallas and I got her name and number from at CT. She had heres overturned in 2nd level appeal and she did the conference call w/them. She is very nice and she told me alot about it but I am in a brain dead state and cant remember it all. But I can forward you her info too. She told she would love to help anyone w/dealings w/Cigna. So she can give you a great idea of what to expect. Just LMK...Trisha

Gail <momofivftwins@...> wrote:

Ok, I got a letter from Cigna today regarding my level 2 appeal, and I would like to know what ya'll would do. An appeals panel of physicians will be meeting to review our appeal on July 24th. They will spend only 15 minutes on each case that they are reviewing that day. We can participate in the meeting either in person or by conference call, we can send a representative, or we can let them meet without us. What would you do? I can get very nervous and emotional, but I have also done so much research that I feel fairly confident in my knowledge of plagio and tort. I wouldn't go without my hubby, and he can be a cold, stone-faced business man when he needs to, but I just don't know if it is even worth our time. I have one friend who went to one of these appeals panel meetings at Cigna about 4 years ago (when it was even harder to win an appeal) and she said that she was totally humiliated by the panel and walked out in tears. She eventually got her sons band paid for, but it was well beyond the appeals panel. Has anyone had an experience with this, good or bad, that they are willing to share?

Gail, Sam and Sara's mom, DOC gradsFor more plagio info

Guest guest

Hey, I would like to talk to Kerry about the face to face appeal. Hy hubby's first response was that he doesn't want to go all the way to Irving to sit in on something we have already put so much time into. We put all our info in the letter and they can go off that. But then again, I think I want to be there to argue with the morons face to face. They never return our correspondence or phone calls, so this is my big chance. I think I need to talk to someone who has done it so I know what to expect.

Gail

Re: My Cigna appeal

Personally I am sure I will be asking you the same thing in a few weeks. But I talked to a lady by the name of Kerry, she is here in Dallas and I got her name and number from at CT. She had heres overturned in 2nd level appeal and she did the conference call w/them. She is very nice and she told me alot about it but I am in a brain dead state and cant remember it all. But I can forward you her info too. She told she would love to help anyone w/dealings w/Cigna. So she can give you a great idea of what to expect. Just LMK...Trisha Gail <momofivftwins@...> wrote:

Ok, I got a letter from Cigna today regarding my level 2 appeal, and I would like to know what ya'll would do. An appeals panel of physicians will be meeting to review our appeal on July 24th. They will spend only 15 minutes on each case that they are reviewing that day. We can participate in the meeting either in person or by conference call, we can send a representative, or we can let them meet without us. What would you do? I can get very nervous and emotional, but I have also done so much research that I feel fairly confident in my knowledge of plagio and tort. I wouldn't go without my hubby, and he can be a cold, stone-faced business man when he needs to, but I just don't know if it is even worth our time. I have one friend who went to one of these appeals panel meetings at Cigna about 4 years ago (when it was even harder to win an appeal) and she said that she was totally humiliated by the panel and walked out in tears. She eventually got her sons band paid for, but it was well beyond the appeals panel. Has anyone had an experience with this, good or bad, that they are willing to share?

Gail, Sam and Sara's mom, DOC gradsFor more plagio info

• 2 weeks later...