RemedySpot.com

BCC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all...am hoping that you can help!

I am a student health visitor coming towards the end of my training (although we

still have so much uni work to do, it's difficult to see how close to the end we

all are!)

I've heard the term 'building community capacity' but struggling to find out

about it - can anyone help?? I (as have all of my student colleagues) an

interview coming up and I need to do a 10 minute presentation on it and how I

plan to deliver it. I understand its part of the health visiting " Call for

Action " , and we are having a couple of taught sessions on it, but unfortunately

weeks after my interview! Very frustrating!

I look forward to any help you can give!

Angie

Guest guest

Hi Angie,

Within your 10 minute presentation I think you need to mention the work that has been developing for some years now within the Library Service.

Many libraries offer story time sessions for children where at the same time parents and sometimes grand parents can get to know each other and develop supportive friendships , many offer sessions for

people with mental health problems helping to build confidence and encourage reflection on the stresses and strains of life and relationships.

Many libraries have had a wide range of user friendly health and social care books. Now the " O-5 Child Health Book " being only available " on-line " is - for many parents - only available to them in the Local

Library where the computer services are free and well maintained.

Over the past few months the " ARTS COUNCIL " has become the strategy lead for the Library Service in the UK and it is clear from the wide range of entries on the developing blog ( go to Arts Council website and enter

Library Consultation in the SEARCH box to find the blog ) that the most thoughtful and committed librarians in the UK are fully committed to the need to use libraries to develop " community capacity " .

It therefore seems very important to my mind that those of us within the " health sector " interested in " community capacity building " should now make time to develop our links with the Library Service and work

in partnership with Librarians .

In the South West some of us are just beginning to talk and work together to develop better local and virtual access to " Libraries and Health " services.

Best wishes

Malcolm

Sent: 30 June 2012 14:51

Subject: BCC

Hi all...am hoping that you can help!

I am a student health visitor coming towards the end of my training (although we still have so much uni work to do, it's difficult to see how close to the end we all are!)

I've heard the term 'building community capacity' but struggling to find out about it - can anyone help?? I (as have all of my student colleagues) an interview coming up and I need to do a 10 minute presentation on it and how I plan to deliver it. I understand

its part of the health visiting " Call for Action " , and we are having a couple of taught sessions on it, but unfortunately weeks after my interview! Very frustrating!

I look forward to any help you can give!

Angie

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

********************************************************************************************************************