RemedySpot.com

Re: Interesting US paper with long term follow up?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello ,

I don't know exactly which journal article you're referring to but, if you can let me know, I'll try to find it for you.

A last thing to say about US research is that it is very, very professional in design and in execution.

It's also the case that, in the USA the work of school nurses is virtually entirely medical; there is little or no health visiting style work; and social workers are, on the whole, employed in the private sector. We also forget that school counsellors (trained as child counsellors in undergraduate degrees) are the mainstay of support in schools.

As you imply, the fact that both countries use the English language does not mean that they function with anything like the same services. But we have much to learn from each other.

Ulster sounds like a v good conference.

All good wishes,

Diane

Re: Interesting US paper with long term follow up?That's funny. I couldn't find much on the SafCare thing either. It's new to me. The thing that leaves me gasping is the sheer size of the US studies and the detailed data they can access. It makes our Millenium Cohort work look really small, but however do they manage if their DPA legislation is akin to the UK Act?Must chase it up, but my PC is currently having a rebuild so I'm working on an elderly laptop & have to keep loading more coal into it...PS Apropos US stuff on safeguarding/child protection, there's a couple of interesting keynote speakers at that Ulster conference on risk assessment that I'm attending. Aron Shlonsky and Will are both speaking (pause for frisson of nerdy excitement!). There's also a kind of pre- conference mini symposium on systematic reviews. http://www.socsci.ulster.ac.uk/irss/dare2012/programme.pdf