RemedySpot.com

Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms?

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, " liz.plastow@... "

<liz.plastow@...

> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV

> without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their

> RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain

> their mental health officer status?

> If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained

> I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a

> different scenario now!

> I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed

> role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives

> appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by

> a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice

> as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which

> surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law.

> Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake

> shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated

> on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register

> to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a

> mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on

> a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they

> could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That

> appears to have disappeared.

> Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the

> regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again.

> Any comments would be welcomed

> Thanks

> Liz

> Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

>

> Consultation: working together guidance [8

> Attachments]

>

> The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to

> replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document.

> Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out

> under the last government, and the current government have used the

> opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent

> of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to

> the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in

> detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual

> 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities,

> the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and

> children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent

> from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious

> case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development

> following adverse events.

>

> The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from

http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & c\

onsultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1

>

> best wishes

>

>

>

>

> Cowley

> sarahcowley183@...

> http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Apparently not if you have it it already, if you start training post A4C I think its gone. That is my understanding LizSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Meerabeau <E.Meerabeau@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:15:43 +0100 < >Reply Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms?Sent from my iPhoneOn 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, " liz.plastow@... " <liz.plastow@...> wrote:> I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV> without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their> RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain> their mental health officer status?> If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained> I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a> different scenario now!> I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed> role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives> appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by> a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice> as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which> surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law.> Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake> shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated> on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register> to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a> mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on> a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they> could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That> appears to have disappeared.> Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the> regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again.> Any comments would be welcomed> Thanks> Liz> Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange>> Consultation: working together guidance [8> Attachments]>> The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to> replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document.> Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out> under the last government, and the current government have used the> opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent> of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to> the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in> detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual> 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities,> the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and> children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent> from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious> case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development> following adverse events.>> The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & consultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1>> best wishes>> >>> Cowley> sarahcowley183@...> http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn>>>>>>> ------------------------------------>>

Guest guest

My previous HV Student (last year) was an RMN and is now qualified, working as a Health Visitor. There was no indication of any problems and it all went well.

Best wishes,

Lin Chappell

HV/ PT

From: E.Meerabeau@...Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:15:43 +0100Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues

Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms? Sent from my iPhone On 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, "liz.plastow@..." <liz.plastow@... > wrote: > I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV > without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their > RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain > their mental health officer status? > If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained > I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a > different scenario now! > I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed > role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives > appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by > a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice > as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which > surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law. > Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake > shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated > on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register > to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a > mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on > a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they > could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That > appears to have disappeared. > Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the > regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again. > Any comments would be welcomed > Thanks > Liz > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange > > Consultation: working together guidance [8 > Attachments] > > The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to > replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document. > Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out > under the last government, and the current government have used the > opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent > of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to > the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in > detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual > 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities, > the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and > children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent > from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious > case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development > following adverse events. > > The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & consultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1 > > best wishes > > > > > Cowley > sarahcowley183@... > http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

Guest guest

Do you know if she maintained MOH  status?LizOn Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Lin Hv <hv31@...> wrote:

My previous HV Student (last year) was an RMN and is now qualified, working as a Health Visitor.  There was no indication of any problems and it all went well.

Best wishes,

Lin Chappell

HV/ PT 

From: E.Meerabeau@...Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:15:43 +0100

Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues 

Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms? Sent from my iPhone On 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, " liz.plastow@... " <liz.plastow@...

> wrote: > I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV > without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their > RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain

> their mental health officer status? > If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained > I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a > different scenario now!

> I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed > role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives > appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by

> a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice > as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which > surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law. > Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake

> shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated > on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register > to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a

> mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on > a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they > could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That

> appears to have disappeared. > Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the > regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again. > Any comments would be welcomed

> Thanks > Liz > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange > > Consultation: working together guidance [8 > Attachments] > > The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to

> replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document. > Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out > under the last government, and the current government have used the

> opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent > of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to > the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in

> detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual > 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities, > the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and

> children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent > from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious > case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development

> following adverse events. > > The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & consultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1

> > best wishes > > > > > Cowley > sarahcowley183@... > http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

> > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

Guest guest

I will ask her. From: liz.plastow@...Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:55:32 +0100Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues

Do you know if she maintained MOH status?LizOn Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Lin Hv <hv31@...> wrote:

My previous HV Student (last year) was an RMN and is now qualified, working as a Health Visitor. There was no indication of any problems and it all went well.

Best wishes,

Lin Chappell

HV/ PT

From: E.Meerabeau@...Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:15:43 +0100

Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues

Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms? Sent from my iPhone On 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, "liz.plastow@..." <liz.plastow@...

> wrote: > I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV > without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their > RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain

> their mental health officer status? > If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained > I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a > different scenario now!

> I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed > role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives > appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by

> a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice > as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which > surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law. > Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake

> shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated > on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register > to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a

> mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on > a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they > could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That

> appears to have disappeared. > Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the > regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again. > Any comments would be welcomed

> Thanks > Liz > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange > > Consultation: working together guidance [8 > Attachments] > > The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to

> replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document. > Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out > under the last government, and the current government have used the

> opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent > of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to > the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in

> detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual > 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities, > the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and

> children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent > from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious > case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development

> following adverse events. > > The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & consultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1

> > best wishes > > > > > Cowley > sarahcowley183@... > http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

> > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

Guest guest

Thanks have a good weekendLizSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Lin Hv <hv31@...>Sender: Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 21:36:08 +0000< >Reply Subject: RE: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues I will ask her. From: liz.plastow@...Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:55:32 +0100Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues Do you know if she maintained MOH status?LizOn Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Lin Hv <hv31@...> wrote: My previous HV Student (last year) was an RMN and is now qualified, working as a Health Visitor. There was no indication of any problems and it all went well. Best wishes, Lin ChappellHV/ PT From: E.Meerabeau@...Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:15:43 +0100Subject: Re: Mental Health Officer Status and other issues Was MHO status abolished in the Agenda for Change pay reforms? Sent from my iPhone On 27 Jun 2012, at 18:45, "liz.plastow@..." <liz.plastow@... > wrote: > I wonder if anyone can advise. Now RMN's can train to be a HV > without doing their RGN given the fact they have to maintain their > RMN registration to be a HV are they therefore able to maintain > their mental health officer status? > If not we could lose some potentially excellent HV's. When I trained > I had to do general first and so was not considered but its a > different scenario now! > I have also become aware that as the HV Offer requires transformed > role for HV's with emphasis on leadership direct entry midwives > appear to be finding it increasingly difficult to get signed off by > a supervisor of midwives which means they cannot therefore practice > as a HV and also prevents them from taking team Leader roles - which > surely is discriminatory in terms of employment law. > Also we have an issue of annotation for school nurses who undertake > shortened programme to become a HV because they cannot be annotated > on the Register and if a member of the public looked on NMC register > to confirm their registration they would not be registered - what a > mess!! I understood when I was at NMC although they could not be on > a Register twice but for the purpose of public protection they > could have annotation to demonstrate both qualifications! That > appears to have disappeared. > Three good reasons why the NMC need to consider changes to the > regulation of health visitors and consider direct entry again. > Any comments would be welcomed > Thanks > Liz > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange > > Consultation: working together guidance [8 > Attachments] > > The Department for Education is consulting on an updated guidance to > replace the current 'Working together' safeguarding document. > Personally, I like the current document, but of course it came out > under the last government, and the current government have used the > opportunity opened by Eileen Munro's adverse comments about the extent > of prescriptive detail to take a completely 'new broom' approach to > the guidance. I haven't had time to look at these four documents in > detail, but they are certainly radically scaled down. The actual > 'working together' one is focused on organisational responsibilities, > the 'individual case' guidance is predominantly for social workers and > children's social care (who are curiously almost completely absent > from the working together guidance) and the guidance about serious > case reviews is replaced by one focused on learning and development > following adverse events. > > The consultation is open until 6th September: attached or from http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/index.cfm?action=consultationDetails & consultationId=1839 & external=no & menu=1 > > best wishes > > > > > Cowley > sarahcowley183@... > http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >