RemedySpot.com

RE: Fw: Law Consultation Meeting 3rd May 2012 [6 Attachments]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Many thanks for circulating this Maggie. It was a very interesting and useful event, I thought, and certainly showed how much needs to change about professional regulation, with the variations across so many different Councils and regulatory bodies. One of the points made was that all professions that are currently named and regulated would continue to be so, and there are no plans to change, merge or alter existing Councils, but rather to unify to statute so they all operate along similar lines (e.g., misconduct by several members of a multi-disciplinary team should not result in different sanctions to professionals involved, because their different regulators have different rules/sanctions available to them). However, the role of CHRE as the overarching body, charged with overseeing them all, may be beefed up: one of the consultation questions is about whether that is a good idea. Like Maggie, I got the impression that they were genuinely listening, when we told them the CHRE had failed to respond to our concerns about health visiting and the many problems that have arisen since HV was taken out of statute.My own view is that it will take an awful lot of lobbying to get health visiting 'restored' as one of the profession that should be named and regulated in statute, but that this is a potential opportunity. Given that there will be Parliamentary time given to this review and that all the Orders, Acts and so on across professional regulation are being rewritten, it will be a very small part of the whole - but if we don't get it in here, we may not get another opportunity in the foreseeable future. best wishesOn 4 May 2012, at 09:22, Maggie Fisher wrote: Dear All Please find attached from the Law Commission consultation meeting yesterday. I had to leave after an hours so was not present for the whole meeting. It is really vital we respnd to this either individually or through your porfessional organsiation or work. The Law Commisson aer listenind and are doing a genuine consuultation exrecise and need to hear from practitoenrs what the issues are. Need I say the removal of the title health visiting from statute and the impact this has had was raised yesterday along with many other issues on regualtion and public protection. I attach the Unite briefing on this for your information and a summary of the proposals. Please do respond. Consultation cloeses May 31st 2012 and the CPHVA are doing a response, If you would like to contribute to this see how in the email below Best wishesMaggie Law Consultation Meeting 3rd May 2012 Dear Colleague Thank you for your attendance at the Law Commission Consultation event today. I hope you agree that it was helpful to hear directly from them and a good opportunity for us to raise some of our concerns and seek clarity on some of the issues. I am attaching the presentation from the meeting today for your reference. I would be grateful if you would please send me your comments and views to assist the formulation of our draft response. I recognise that this is a comprehensive document, so to help us in collating the response, please reference the question or section that you are responding/commenting on. For those of you who were unfortunately unable to attend today, we still want to hear from you. We feel it is important to ensure that our response is representative of the range of professions within the health sector. The deadline for the receipt of comments to us is Monday 14th May 2012. After this time we hope to circulate a draft response for comments before the final is completed. Kind regards Obi Obi Amadi Lead Professional Officer Unite/CPHVA 128 Theobalds Road London WC1X 8TN Tel: 020 3371 2006 Mob: 07780 955936 This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this

e-mail in error, please return it to the address it came from telling them it is not

for you and then delete it from your system.

Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Guest guest

Thanks Maggie – this is really interesting – I will review Have a good weekend Margaret From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Maggie FisherSent: 04 May 2012 09:23;@smtp815.mail.ukl.Subject: Fw: Law Consultation Meeting 3rd May 2012 [6 Attachments]Importance: High [Attachment(s) from Maggie Fisher included below] Dear All Please find attached from the Law Commission consultation meeting yesterday. I had to leave after an hours so was not present for the whole meeting. It is really vital we respnd to this either individually or through your porfessional organsiation or work. The Law Commisson aer listenind and are doing a genuine consuultation exrecise and need to hear from practitoenrs what the issues are. Need I say the removal of the title health visiting from statute and the impact this has had was raised yesterday along with many other issues on regualtion and public protection. I attach the Unite briefing on this for your information and a summary of the proposals. Please do respond. Consultation cloeses May 31st 2012 and the CPHVA are doing a response, If you would like to contribute to this see how in the email below Best wishesMaggie Law Consultation Meeting 3rd May 2012 Dear Colleague Thank you for your attendance at the Law Commission Consultation event today. I hope you agree that it was helpful to hear directly from them and a good opportunity for us to raise some of our concerns and seek clarity on some of the issues. I am attaching the presentation from the meeting today for your reference. I would be grateful if you would please send me your comments and views to assist the formulation of our draft response. I recognise that this is a comprehensive document, so to help us in collating the response, please reference the question or section that you are responding/commenting on. For those of you who were unfortunately unable to attend today, we still want to hear from you. We feel it is important to ensure that our response is representative of the range of professions within the health sector. The deadline for the receipt of comments to us is Monday 14th May 2012. After this time we hope to circulate a draft response for comments before the final is completed. Kind regards Obi Obi AmadiLead Professional OfficerUnite/CPHVA128 Theobalds RoadLondon WC1X 8TN Tel: 020 3371 2006Mob: 07780 955936 This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for theuse of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received thise-mail in error, please return it to the address it came from telling them it is notfor you and then delete it from your system.