RemedySpot.com

Health visitor stress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,I am lucky enough to be the work place advisor for the Building Community Capacity modules in my area. One of the threads of reflection that has arisen is about how health visitors cope with the stress of large case loads and too much to do well at this time before new recruits have taken up their posts. My own instinct is that health visiting will always create endless opportunities for work with families and communities and there will always be too much to do for the conscientious. However, there is no doubt that those who knew they once did a superb job and are now coping with doing a more basic job, because of the overwhelming demands, feel stressed. Does anyone have opinions or know of any studies that have looked into how health visitors deal with the stress they

encounter?Robyn Pound

Guest guest

Not sure if this got sent this afternoon I am having difficutlites with my interenet connection

Best wishesMaggie

Health visitor stress

Dear All,

I am lucky enough to be the work place advisor for the Building Community Capacity modules in my area. One of the threads of reflection that has arisen is about how health visitors cope with the stress of large case loads and too much to do well at this time before new recruits have taken up their posts. My own instinct is that health visiting will always create endless opportunities for work with families and communities and there will always be too much to do for the conscientious. However, there is no doubt that those who knew they once did a superb job and are now coping with doing a more basic job, because of the overwhelming demands, feel stressed. Does anyone have opinions or know of any studies that have looked into how health visitors deal with the stress they encounter?

Robyn Pound