RemedySpot.com

RE: HSJ report

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MMMM, doesn't seem to wash here though. We are now being made to feel bad as giving us money in the budget to increase numbers of much needed HVs will worsen the deficit!! The Government really need to ringfence the funding. I am still being asked why I am not making SPTs sign off 2 students to increase our numbers, when NHS LOndon can't come up with students for us to take in the first place. I said I would take 2 Rtp this month, we have none. Very frustrating. We are supposed to have another 16 WTEs by 2013 and a total of 40-48 by 2015.

From: sarahcowley183@...Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:59:36 +0000Subject: HSJ report

Ever since the start of the HV Implementation Plan, I have been saying 'We'll know that it is being taken seriously on the ground, when we see it reported in HSJ' - which is the managers' magazine. Well, at last there is a report in their 'HSJ local' e-news, headed:

HV shortage leads to 'red' risk rating for Derbyshire FT

"PERFORMANCE: Shortages of key staff constitute a “red-rated” operational risk, the board of Derbyshire Healthcare Foundation Trust has heard.

A shortage of health visitors mean that the trust may fail to deliver the child health promotion scheme for under fives, risking potential development delays and children not being ready for school.

And poor recruitment of junior doctors could mean that there are problems delivering clinical care and cost pressure from employing locums, according to a report on risk"

Well, it's not much, but it is a start!

Cowley

sarahcowley183@...

http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn