RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I laughed out loud watching a video of Barry Hymer's Inaugural Professorial lecture at Cumbria Uni because of one line which spoke to me,'talent development is at once lawful and deeply anarchic'It is only in the last few years I have stopped feeling guilty about acting against the flow of nonsense prescriptions about how life should be. If in this next phase of my career I can help health visitors to be freed up to trust their own consciences and values and to give time to working out why they feel as they do and would prefer to act, there would be a

more confident and effective workforce. I used to use the word 'maverick' but it sounds and is a bit lonely and lawless so I am now thinking about anarchy being in some kind of harmony with value-led lawfulness. I don't know if this makes any sense, just thinking about . While I am on the subject this cartoon came from Norway I think it represents the extent of anarchy they expect in the UK. Also made me laugh. Good day for it!Robyn From: Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) <m.rigler@...> " "

< > Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 9:06 Subject: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

Excellent. Just so sensible.

Thank you so much for this link.

Malcolm

Sent: 29 May 2012 08:52

Subject: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

A new spin on parenting – logic!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/may/28/carlos-gonzalez-doctor-parents-break-rules

Dr Cheryll , D(Nurs), MSc, BSc(Hons), RN, RHV, Dip Man

The information contained in this email message and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If you have

received this message in error, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden, as is passing it to a third party without the prior permission of the sender.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

********************************************************************************************************************

Guest guest

Another attempt to attach the cartoon.I cannot acknowledge the artist as it came on piece of paperRobyn From: Robyn Pound <robyn_pound@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 21:12 Subject: Re: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules I laughed out loud watching a video of Barry Hymer's Inaugural Professorial lecture at Cumbria Uni because of one line which spoke to me,'talent development is at once lawful and deeply anarchic'It is only in the last few years I have stopped feeling guilty about acting against the flow of nonsense prescriptions about how

life should be. If in this next phase of my career I can help health visitors to be freed up to trust their own consciences and values and to give time to working out why they feel as they do and would prefer to act, there would be a

more confident and effective workforce. I used to use the word 'maverick' but it sounds and is a bit lonely and lawless so I am now thinking about anarchy being in some kind of harmony with value-led lawfulness. I don't know if this makes any sense, just thinking about . While I am on the subject this cartoon came from Norway I think it represents the extent of anarchy they expect in the UK. Also made me laugh. Good day for it!Robyn From: Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) <m.rigler@...> " "

< > Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 9:06 Subject: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

Malcolm

Sent: 29 May 2012 08:52

Subject: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/may/28/carlos-gonzalez-doctor-parents-break-rules

The information contained in this email message and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If you have

received this message in error, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden, as is passing it to a third party without the prior permission of the sender.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Guest guest

Hi Robyn I just loved this piece and especially your comments – read it out to the Hv and Sn leadership group and told them that was how I wanted them to be!!! Margaret From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Robyn PoundSent: 29 May 2012 21:12 Subject: Re: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules I laughed out loud watching a video of Barry Hymer's Inaugural Professorial lecture at Cumbria Uni because of one line which spoke to me,'talent development is at once lawful and deeply anarchic'It is only in the last few years I have stopped feeling guilty about acting against the flow of nonsense prescriptions about how life should be. If in this next phase of my career I can help health visitors to be freed up to trust their own consciences and values and to give time to working out why they feel as they do and would prefer to act, there would be a more confident and effective workforce. I used to use the word 'maverick' but it sounds and is a bit lonely and lawless so I am now thinking about anarchy being in some kind of harmony with value-led lawfulness. I don't know if this makes any sense, just thinking about . While I am on the subject this cartoon came from Norway I think it represents the extent of anarchy they expect in the UK. Also made me laugh. Good day for it! Robyn From: Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) <m.rigler@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 9:06Subject: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules Excellent. Just so sensible. Thank you so much for this link. Malcolm From: [ ] On Behalf Of Cheryll [cheryllma@...]Sent: 29 May 2012 08:52 Subject: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules A new spin on parenting – logic! http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/may/28/carlos-gonzalez-doctor-parents-break-rulesDr Cheryll , D(Nurs), MSc, BSc(Hons), RN, RHV, Dip Man The information contained in this email message and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden, as is passing it to a third party without the prior permission of the sender. ********************************************************************************************************************This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform thesender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.Thank you for your co-operation.NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and ScotlandNHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipientsNHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere********************************************************************************************************************

Guest guest

Well what a nice day I am having - thanks Margaret - Now I really will be late again for a visit!

Robyn

From: Margaret Buttigieg <margaret@...>" " < > Sent: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 11:39Subject: RE: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

Hi Robyn

I just loved this piece and especially your comments – read it out to the Hv and Sn leadership group and told them that was how I wanted them to be!!!

Margaret

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Robyn PoundSent: 29 May 2012 21:12 Subject: Re: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

I laughed out loud watching a video of Barry Hymer's Inaugural Professorial lecture at Cumbria Uni because of one line which spoke to me,

'talent development is at once lawful and deeply anarchic'

It is only in the last few years I have stopped feeling guilty about acting against the flow of nonsense prescriptions about how life should be. If in this next phase of my career I can help health visitors to be freed up to trust their own consciences and values and to give time to working out why they feel as they do and would prefer to act, there would be a more confident and effective workforce. I used to use the word 'maverick' but it sounds and is a bit lonely and lawless so I am now thinking about anarchy being in some kind of harmony with value-led lawfulness. I don't know if this makes any sense, just thinking about .

While I am on the subject this cartoon came from Norway I think it represents the extent of anarchy they expect in the UK. Also made me laugh. Good day for it!

Robyn

From: Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) <m.rigler@...>" " < > Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2012, 9:06Subject: RE: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

Malcolm

From: [ ] On Behalf Of Cheryll [cheryllma@...]Sent: 29 May 2012 08:52 Subject: : the doctor who wants parents to break the rules

The information contained in this email message and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden, as is passing it to a third party without the prior permission of the sender.

********************************************************************************************************************This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform thesender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.Thank you for your co-operation.NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and ScotlandNHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipientsNHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS

and can be accessed anywhere********************************************************************************************************************