RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Health and Environment and BEN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Healthy urban development is one of my main areas of work, there is considerable

work going on at local regional & national levesl with interest from DH, CLG,

Homes & Communities Agency.

There is a growing body of literature around this subject. I suggest the

National Trust " Natural Childhood " report from last month as a starting point.

The strongest evidence for access to good quality green space is around mental

wellbeing, the evidence around increased physical activity is less conclusive.

If you are interested in 'healthy urban development' I would look at the Spatial

Planning & Health Group website (google SPAHG) - this is the group that was

working on the NICE guidance for healthy environments before it was discontinued

and it includes senior people from academia, public health, planning & local

authorities. This is a good gateway website.

Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) [m.rigler@...]

Sent: 08 May 2012 19:01

Subject: Re: Health and Environment and BEN

---

This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the

appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should

verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.

The identified sender is

sentto-456520-14066-1336500096-paul.southon=nhs.net@...

---

For many years I have been trying my best to support BEN - The BLack

Environement Network.

I hope this link will lead to some discussion about the need for HVs promote

contact with the

" green infrastructure " of our towns and cities for young children.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/have-you-seen-duck-your-area

I have read lots of research about the importance of such " outdoor education " to

improve language skills, social confidence, observation skills, numeracy and

literacy.

Regards

Malcolm

********************************************************************************\

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended

recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take

any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in

England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information

with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed

anywhere

********************************************************************************\

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended

recipient please inform the

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take

any action in reliance on its contents:

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in

England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information

with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed

anywhere

Guest guest

Sounds very interesting, thank you On 9 May 2012, at 08:04, Southon (SANDWELL PCT) wrote:Healthy urban development is one of my main areas of work, there is considerable work going on at local regional & national levesl with interest from DH, CLG, Homes & Communities Agency.There is a growing body of literature around this subject. I suggest the National Trust "Natural Childhood" report from last month as a starting point.The strongest evidence for access to good quality green space is around mental wellbeing, the evidence around increased physical activity is less conclusive.If you are interested in 'healthy urban development' I would look at the Spatial Planning & Health Group website (google SPAHG) - this is the group that was working on the NICE guidance for healthy environments before it was discontinued and it includes senior people from academia, public health, planning & local authorities. This is a good gateway website.________________________________________From: [ ] On Behalf Of Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) [m.rigler@...]Sent: 08 May 2012 19:01 Subject: Re: Health and Environment and BEN---This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.The identified sender is sentto-456520-14066-1336500096-paul.southon=nhs.net@...---For many years I have been trying my best to support BEN - The BLack Environement Network.I hope this link will lead to some discussion about the need for HVs promote contact with the"green infrastructure" of our towns and cities for young children. http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/have-you-seen-duck-your-areaI have read lots of research about the importance of such "outdoor education" to improve language skills, social confidence, observation skills, numeracy and literacy.RegardsMalcolm********************************************************************************************************************This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform thesender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.Thank you for your co-operation.NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and ScotlandNHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipientsNHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform thesender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.Thank you for your co-operation.NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and ScotlandNHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipientsNHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere********************************************************************************************************************------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thanks for this . DO you have an office address where I could send you one or two items to continue this

conversation?

Regards

Malcolm

Sent: 09 May 2012 09:10

Subject: Re: Re: Health and Environment and BEN

Sounds very interesting, thank you

On 9 May 2012, at 08:04, Southon (SANDWELL PCT) wrote:

Healthy urban development is one of my main areas of work, there is considerable work going on at local regional & national levesl with interest from DH, CLG, Homes & Communities Agency.

There is a growing body of literature around this subject. I suggest the National Trust " Natural Childhood " report from last month as a starting point.

The strongest evidence for access to good quality green space is around mental wellbeing, the evidence around increased physical activity is less conclusive.

If you are interested in 'healthy urban development' I would look at the Spatial Planning & Health Group website (google SPAHG) - this is the group that was working on the NICE guidance for healthy environments before it was discontinued and it includes senior

people from academia, public health, planning & local authorities. This is a good gateway website.

From: [ ] On Behalf Of Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) [m.rigler@...]

Sent: 08 May 2012 19:01

Subject: Re: Health and Environment and BEN

---

This message was sent from an email address external to NHSmail but gives the appearance of being from an NHSmail (@nhs.net) address. The recipient should verify the sender and content before acting upon information contained within.

The identified sender is

sentto-456520-14066-1336500096-paul.southon=nhs.net@...

---

For many years I have been trying my best to support BEN - The BLack Environement Network.

I hope this link will lead to some discussion about the need for HVs promote contact with the

" green infrastructure " of our towns and cities for young children.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/have-you-seen-duck-your-area

I have read lots of research about the importance of such " outdoor education " to improve language skills, social confidence, observation skills, numeracy and literacy.

Regards

Malcolm

< br>

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

--------------- ---------------------