RemedySpot.com

Re: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

Children and young people are already finding access to HV and GP services and many other health services too difficult

because they are used to everything being " online " .

The first 15 pages of the attached document " online or inline " will provide you much food for thought as

you prepare for your forthcoming interview.

Once " in post " these pages will also give you a way in to many years of research and development of

value to your own client group and many other folk whom you will never meet.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

Sent: 21 April 2012 07:28

Subject: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all your previous advice regarding my forthcoming interview. I have started on my presentation and assignment now after trawling through all the recent documents and literature.

I have decided to critically reflect on the pathway for the handover from health visitors to the School Nursing service. I'd be really grateful to hear your thoughts on this in practice, positive and negative...

Thank you so much,

Kind Regards

Jo Fox

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

********************************************************************************************************************

1 of 1 File(s)

online_or_inline.pdf

Guest guest

That's brilliant, thanks so much Malcolm, I will definitley be talking about ICT

now in my presentation. It's given me lots to think about and discuss.

Thanks again for your advice and support

Jo

>

> Hi Jo,

>

> Children and young people are already finding access to HV and GP services

and many other health services too difficult

> because they are used to everything being " online " .

>

> The first 15 pages of the attached document " online or inline " will provide

you much food for thought as

> you prepare for your forthcoming interview.

>

> Once " in post " these pages will also give you a way in to many years of

research and development of

> value to your own client group and many other folk whom you will never meet.

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Malcolm

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: [ ] On Behalf Of

Jo Fox [jo-fox@...]

> Sent: 21 April 2012 07:28

>

> Subject: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse

>

>

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> Thank you so much for all your previous advice regarding my forthcoming

interview. I have started on my presentation and assignment now after trawling

through all the recent documents and literature.

>

> I have decided to critically reflect on the pathway for the handover from

health visitors to the School Nursing service. I'd be really grateful to hear

your thoughts on this in practice, positive and negative...

>

> Thank you so much,

> Kind Regards

> Jo Fox

>

>

>

>

>

********************************************************************************\

>

> This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended

recipient please inform the

> sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

> Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take

any action in reliance on its contents:

> to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

>

> Thank you for your co-operation.

>

> NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff

in England and Scotland

> NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive

information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

> NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be

accessed anywhere

>

>

********************************************************************************\

>

Guest guest

Thank you for you kind words. Good luck with the presentation.

Do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

Sent: 21 April 2012 13:22

Subject: Re: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse

That's brilliant, thanks so much Malcolm, I will definitley be talking about ICT now in my presentation. It's given me lots to think about and discuss.

Thanks again for your advice and support

Jo

>

> Hi Jo,

>

> Children and young people are already finding access to HV and GP services and many other health services too difficult

> because they are used to everything being " online " .

>

> The first 15 pages of the attached document " online or inline " will provide you much food for thought as

> you prepare for your forthcoming interview.

>

> Once " in post " these pages will also give you a way in to many years of research and development of

> value to your own client group and many other folk whom you will never meet.

>

> Best wishes,

>

> Malcolm

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: [ ] On Behalf Of Jo Fox [jo-fox@...]

> Sent: 21 April 2012 07:28

>

> Subject: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse

>

>

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> Thank you so much for all your previous advice regarding my forthcoming interview. I have started on my presentation and assignment now after trawling through all the recent documents and literature.

>

> I have decided to critically reflect on the pathway for the handover from health visitors to the School Nursing service. I'd be really grateful to hear your thoughts on this in practice, positive and negative...

>

> Thank you so much,

> Kind Regards

> Jo Fox

>

>

>

>

> ********************************************************************************************************************

>

> This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

> sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

> Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

> to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

>

> Thank you for your co-operation.

>

> NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

> NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

> NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

>

> ********************************************************************************************************************

>

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

Guest guest

HI Jo I think that is a good idea especially as you have been working in school nursing. In terms of my view – handover seems to be very mixed in practice –if HV and SN are placed in terms of accommodation together – it is often oaky and also there is something about how Hv and SN services are managed. Sometimes if they’re managed as one –then handover is okay but not always. If they are managed separately and seen as two separate services –handover seems to be really difficult. The Dh pathway I think tries to make a really good link between the two services but do think there is a lot to do on the ground in terms of culture and behaviour to ensure both services are equal and are seen as contributing equally together. If you want to talk further about this- just email me and I will give you my personal contact details and we can discuss., Good Luck Regards Margaret Buttigieg From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Jo FoxSent: 21 April 2012 07:29 Subject: Handover from Health Visitor to School Nurse Hello everyone,Thank you so much for all your previous advice regarding my forthcoming interview. I have started on my presentation and assignment now after trawling through all the recent documents and literature. I have decided to critically reflect on the pathway for the handover from health visitors to the School Nursing service. I'd be really grateful to hear your thoughts on this in practice, positive and negative... Thank you so much, Kind RegardsJo Fox