RemedySpot.com

Re: GMC Guidance on child protection for GPs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Many thanks . Yes, I am also pleased that it states unequivocally that doctors have a duty to co-operate in child protection proceedings, including attending meetings (even if called at short notice or inconvenient times) or ensuring that their views and information are represented. Overall, this looks like a very valuable resource - things like 'principles of confidentiality' apply to all health care professionals. best wishesOn 16 Jul 2012, at 11:34, Coles wrote: SENATE members may like to read what GPs expected responsibilities are for child protection. Acknowledging the NSPCC Information Service's CASPAR email I copied this from NSPCC Library [inform@...] The General Medical Council has published child protection guidance for doctors in the UK. It sets out doctors' responsibilities in safeguarding, including: when treating an adult patient, doctors must consider whether the patient poses a risk to children, and be able to identify risk factors for abuse or neglect. It also includes advice on information sharing, working with other agencies, and acting as a witness in court. The guidance comes into effect on 3 September 2012.Source: General Medical Council press release 10 July 2012Further information: Protecting children and young people: the responsibilities of all doctors I am especially pleased to read that assessing if an adult poses a risk to children should be considered –thinking here of links with violence and drug abuse. Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Guest guest

This is great news in light of some of our recent postings re CP work , roles and responsibilities .Louise Sent from my iPhoneOn 16 Jul 2012, at 11:34, " Coles" <lisa@...> wrote:

SENATE members may like to read what GPs expected responsibilities are for child protection. Acknowledging the NSPCC Information Service's CASPAR email I copied this from NSPCC Library [inform@...] The General Medical Council has published child protection guidance for doctors in the UK. It sets out doctors' responsibilities in safeguarding, including: when treating an adult patient, doctors must consider whether the patient poses a risk to children, and be able to identify risk factors for abuse or neglect. It also includes advice on information sharing, working with other agencies, and acting as a witness in court. The guidance comes into effect on 3 September 2012.Source: General Medical Council press release 10 July 2012Further information: Protecting children and young people: the responsibilities of all doctors I am especially pleased to read that assessing if an adult poses a risk to children should be considered –thinking here of links with violence and drug abuse.