RemedySpot.com

RE: FW:THE NHS and ICT - THE GOVT VIEW

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for this Malcolm. Hope everyone is enjoying their Jubilee celebrations, despite the weatherbest wishesOn 5 Jun 2012, at 12:29, Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) wrote: Hi , I came across this link today. This is the GOvts. view of the value of "health information". Issues relating to ICT in Primary Health Care are not going to go away. The video is short but telling and will mean a huge change in Primary Health Care practice. http://www.chimat.org.uk/resource/view.aspx?RID=128110 & src=KU Best wishes Malcolm ******************************************************************************************************************** This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it. Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation. NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere ******************************************************************************************************************** Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Guest guest

Thanks for this Malcolm. Hope everyone is enjoying their Jubilee celebrations, despite the weatherbest wishesOn 5 Jun 2012, at 12:29, Rigler Malcolm (NORTH SOMERSET PCT) wrote: Hi , I came across this link today. This is the GOvts. view of the value of "health information". Issues relating to ICT in Primary Health Care are not going to go away. The video is short but telling and will mean a huge change in Primary Health Care practice. http://www.chimat.org.uk/resource/view.aspx?RID=128110 & src=KU Best wishes Malcolm ******************************************************************************************************************** This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it. Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation. NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere ******************************************************************************************************************** Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Guest guest

Hi Malcolm,

Some years ago I received a twelve page missive from the Government that looked like a promo for the NHS. On page eleven was a form to send to my GP to ensure that my details were not put on the national spine; those who binned it were automatically enrolled.

It was sold in the assumption that if I fell ill in Brighton and couldn’t answer the medic’s questions about my medical history then they would be able to tap into the system and wouldn’t that be great? I filled in the form and elected to take my chances in Brighton.

My approach is to figure out where any “modernisation,†fits into the Gantt chart of privatised provision of NHS services.

When you have a system where any willing provider can be tending to your needs there will have to be a system where the nurse from Diabetic Services Inc., can check out what the podiatrist from Local Footcare Associates has said about your ingrowing toe nail. Both companies will also need an efficient billing system for your care – at least for those who haven’t been persuaded to, “take control of their own budget.†They will have been incentivised to do so.

Of course I could have this figured all wrong.

Terry McGinn

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:29 PM

Subject: FW:THE NHS and ICT - THE GOVT VIEW

Hi ,

I came across this link today. This is the GOvts. view of the value of "health information".

Issues relating to ICT in Primary Health Care are not going to go away. The video is short but telling and will

mean a huge change in Primary Health Care practice.

http://www.chimat.org.uk/resource/view.aspx?RID=128110 & src=KU

Best wishes

Malcolm

********************************************************************************************************************This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform thesender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.Thank you for your co-operation.NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and ScotlandNHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipientsNHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere********************************************************************************************************************

Guest guest

Thanks Terry for your reminder about the - as yet - unresolved issues around personal patient information.

Over recent months my interest in the issues around possible future ICT developments within Primary Care has exploded because of the new role being taken by the Arts Council in taking the " strategy lead " for

the future of the library service in the UK.

Their on-line " blog " is compulsive reading for me because for decades I have been troubled by the fact that the " ten minute " ( was 7 minute ) consultation leaves no time for explaining things " in terms patients can

understand "

( An essential obligation of the GP required by the GMC )

the issues they need to know about to benefit from their medications , avoid similar problems in the future ensure that they are in receipt of the financial and other benefits that are available to them as patients especially

when they have " long term " conditions.

This is even more problematic/impossible for the GP when over 10 languages are spoken by patients attending the practice.

We need to bear in mind that ICT services can- be offered in any language - and can help us with many other things besides the storage of personal medical/health information .

ICT Services can help to create:

• Greater use of e-learning and video conference opportunities for education or training purposes of staff and patients ;

• An online tool that assesses your eligibility for all benefits and automatically

submits a claim to the relevant agencies;

• An online health diagnostic and prescription service; or perhaps,

• A social networking site for

people with similar chronic social care needs.

From

Online or in-line: the future of information and technology in public services

Found via :

2020 Public Services Trust

www.2020publicservicestrust.org/

I doubt that many/any ICT savy

school leavers or " silver surfers " would argue with any

of these aspirations.

Regards,

Malcolm

Sent: 05 June 2012 21:30

Subject: Re: FW:THE NHS and ICT - THE GOVT VIEW

Hi Malcolm,

Some years ago I received a twelve page missive from the Government that looked like a promo for the NHS. On page eleven was a form to send to my GP to ensure that my details were not put on the national spine; those who

binned it were automatically enrolled.

It was sold in the assumption that if I fell ill in Brighton and couldn’t answer the medic’s questions about my medical history then they would be able to tap into the system and wouldn’t that be great? I filled in the form

and elected to take my chances in Brighton.

My approach is to figure out where any “modernisation,” fits into the Gantt chart of privatised provision of NHS services.

When you have a system where any willing provider can be tending to your needs there will have to be a system where the nurse from Diabetic Services Inc., can check out what the podiatrist from Local Footcare Associates has

said about your ingrowing toe nail. Both companies will also need an efficient billing system for your care – at least for those who haven’t been persuaded to, “take control of their own budget.” They will have been incentivised to do so.

Of course I could have this figured all wrong.

Terry McGinn

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:29 PM

Subject: FW:THE NHS and ICT - THE GOVT VIEW

Hi ,

I came across this link today. This is the GOvts. view of the value of " health information " .

Issues relating to ICT in Primary Health Care are not going to go away. The video is short but telling and will

mean a huge change in Primary Health Care practice.

http://www.chimat.org.uk/resource/view.aspx?RID=128110 & src=KU

Best wishes

Malcolm

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the

sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:

to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients

NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere