RemedySpot.com

REsearcher vacancy for Health visiting project

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know SENATE is not a recruitment site but in the interests of time I hope you won't mind if I bring the following post to your attention, please pass on to anyone who may have an interest:Research FellowCentre for Research in Primary and Community CareUniversity of Hertfordshire0.8fte for 2 years fixed term working on the Community of Practice of Hvs project, funded by Burdett Trust. For further details see:https://www.jobs.herts.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_search_version_4.start_search_with_params?p_company=11 & p_internal_external=E & p_display_in_irish=N & p_competition_type=RES & p_force_type=EOr contact me directly,Exciting opportunity for someone!Best wishes,SallyRe: risk assessment for staff shortage

Professor Sally Kendall

Director,

Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care

University of Hertfordshire

College Lane

Hatfield

Herts. AL10 9AB

01707 286380

S.kendall@...

From: Cowley <sarahcowley183@...>Reply- " " < >Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:25:49 +0100 " " < >Subject: risk assessment for staff shortage

We are all hoping for great improvements in staff numbers soon and the interim workforce figures from the NHS Information Centre for Health and Social Care record a very small rise in health visitors (from 7941 in September 2011 to 8065 in December) and an even smaller rise for school nurses (from 1165 to 1170). The rise for health visitors is particularly significant, because up to now, there have been consistent falls in the numbers, so that trends has been halted and reversed, but I would not expect this to be sustained ahead of the large cohort of health visitor students qualifying in September. I have been asked, though, 'what do we do in the mean time?' Does anyone have a system for assessing risk from the shortage of staff? The question has come to me a couple of times from people who are used to well established risk assessment tools used in acute care, where measures of things like deaths, falls, infections etc, can give a clear indication that things are not going well. Conversely, in preventive services, falling recorded numbers of such definite incidents as identified disabilities, child abuse referrals, post-natal depression etc might just mean they are not being picked up or acted upon. It would be interesting to know if anyone has been able to systematise a risk assessment process?best wishes Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Guest guest

Looks like a very interesting project

– congratulations to you and your team for securing the funding.

Best wishes

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Kendall, Sally

Sent: 04 April 2012 16:19

Subject: REsearcher

vacancy for Health visiting project

I know SENATE is not a recruitment site but in the interests of time I

hope you won't mind if I bring the following post to your attention, please

pass on to anyone who may have an interest:

Research Fellow

University

of Hertfordshire

0.8fte for 2 years fixed term working on the Community of Practice of

Hvs project, funded by Burdett Trust. For further details see:

https://www.jobs.herts.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_search_version_4.start_search_with_params?p_company=11 & p_internal_external=E & p_display_in_irish=N & p_competition_type=RES & p_force_type=E

Or contact me directly,

Exciting opportunity for someone!

Best wishes,

Sally

Re: risk assessment for staff shortage

Professor Sally Kendall

Director,

University of Hertfordshire

College Lane

Hatfield

Herts. AL10 9AB

01707 286380

S.kendall@...

Cowley <sarahcowley183@...>

Reply- " "

< >

Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:25:49

+0100

" "

< >

Subject: risk

assessment for staff shortage

We are all hoping for great improvements in staff

numbers soon and the interim workforce figures from the NHS Information Centre

for Health and Social Care record a very small rise in health visitors (from

7941 in September 2011 to 8065 in December) and an even smaller rise for

school nurses (from 1165 to 1170). The rise for health visitors is

particularly significant, because up to now, there have been consistent falls

in the numbers, so that trends has been halted and reversed, but I would

not expect this to be sustained ahead of the large cohort of health visitor

students qualifying in September.

I have been asked, though, 'what do we do in the mean

time?' Does anyone have a system for assessing risk from the shortage of

staff? The question has come to me a couple of times from people who are

used to well established risk assessment tools used in acute care, where

measures of things like deaths, falls, infections etc, can give a clear

indication that things are not going well. Conversely, in preventive

services, falling recorded numbers of such definite incidents as identified

disabilities, child abuse referrals, post-natal depression etc might just mean

they are not being picked up or acted upon. It would be interesting to

know if anyone has been able to systematise a risk assessment process?

best wishes

Cowley

sarahcowley183@...

http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

size=1 width= " 100% " noshade color= " #a0a0a0 "

align=center>

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2113/4914 - Release Date: 04/04/12

Guest guest

Hi Sally Like I think this looks really interesting and I wanted to ask if a PhD was essential or if it may be the route for someone with excellent research and masters experience into a PhD. I have someone I met recently on a course I am running – an Hv by background – who I would like to encourage to talk with you about it. I was also going to suggest she talked with you as well . Can I do that as even if this is not right for her – you may be able to help her with something else. She is extremely bright and articulate but in an Hv post and frustrated and not looked after, Be grateful if you could get back to me. Regards Margaret Buttigieg From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of WhittakerSent: 04 April 2012 19:35 Subject: RE: REsearcher vacancy for Health visiting project Looks like a very interesting project – congratulations to you and your team for securing the funding. Best wishes From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Kendall, SallySent: 04 April 2012 16:19 Subject: Researcher vacancy for Health visiting project I know SENATE is not a recruitment site but in the interests of time I hope you won't mind if I bring the following post to your attention, please pass on to anyone who may have an interest: Research FellowCentre for Research in Primary and Community CareUniversity of Hertfordshire 0.8fte for 2 years fixed term working on the Community of Practice of Hvs project, funded by Burdett Trust. For further details see: https://www.jobs.herts.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_search_version_4.start_search_with_params?p_company=11 & p_internal_external=E & p_display_in_irish=N & p_competition_type=RES & p_force_type=E Or contact me directly, Exciting opportunity for someone! Best wishes, Sally Re: risk assessment for staff shortageProfessor Sally KendallDirector, Centre for Research in Primary and Community CareUniversity of HertfordshireCollege LaneHatfieldHerts. AL10 9AB01707 286380S.kendall@... From: Cowley <sarahcowley183@...>Reply- " " < >Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:25:49 +0100 " " < >Subject: risk assessment for staff shortage We are all hoping for great improvements in staff numbers soon and the interim workforce figures from the NHS Information Centre for Health and Social Care record a very small rise in health visitors (from 7941 in September 2011 to 8065 in December) and an even smaller rise for school nurses (from 1165 to 1170). The rise for health visitors is particularly significant, because up to now, there have been consistent falls in the numbers, so that trends has been halted and reversed, but I would not expect this to be sustained ahead of the large cohort of health visitor students qualifying in September. I have been asked, though, 'what do we do in the mean time?' Does anyone have a system for assessing risk from the shortage of staff? The question has come to me a couple of times from people who are used to well established risk assessment tools used in acute care, where measures of things like deaths, falls, infections etc, can give a clear indication that things are not going well. Conversely, in preventive services, falling recorded numbers of such definite incidents as identified disabilities, child abuse referrals, post-natal depression etc might just mean they are not being picked up or acted upon. It would be interesting to know if anyone has been able to systematise a risk assessment process? best wishes Cowleysarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn size=1 width= " 100% " noshade color= " #a0a0a0 " align=center> No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2113/4914 - Release Date: 04/04/12