RemedySpot.com

baseline labs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How are your clinics getting baseline nutrition labs paid

for? What ICD9 codes are you using? Thanks!

Allbritten, RD,

LDN

Vanderbilt Center for Surgical Weight Loss

Certificate of

Training in Adult Weight Management

jaime.l.allbritten@...

I code whatever comorbidities the patient has which the surgeon documented in the consultation. I would also assume that you could use malnutrition. According to Micronutrition book many obese patients have multiple malnutrition issues prior to surgery. I am sure you could dig up some journal articles on this topic.

Hope this helps,

Tina Musselman RD, CCN

Bariatric Program Coordinator

(708) 679-2717

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Allbritten, LSent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:20 PM Subject: baseline labs

How are your clinics getting baseline nutrition labs paid for? What ICD9 codes are you using? Thanks!

Allbritten, RD, LDN

Vanderbilt Center for Surgical Weight Loss

Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management

jaime.l.allbrittenvanderbilt (DOT) edu

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is intended for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.