RemedySpot.com

Re: Physician Orders

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would think that depends also on if you plan to bill third party payors. Our billing guidelines state that we need a physician referral. We are also offering classes (weight management, cooking classes) that will not be billed to insurers as a "retail" option. For these classes, we do not document in the electronic patient record. For our pre-op work with patients, we require a physician referral as we bill for these to third party payors and document in the electronic patient record as these classes are MNT. Bartholomay, LRDManager, Nutrition TherapyMeritCare Health Systems.Bartholomay@...(701) 234-6166Strengths: Arranger, Ideation, Adaptability, Empathy, Maximizer>>> "" <michellecarrick@...> 12/22/2008 11:59 AM >>>Question-My facility is interested in starting a weight loss program along with the bariatric program. We are separate from the physicians office and work with many MD's. The facility administrators are recommending that we do not require physician orders for weight loss b/c it falls under wellness. . . they also do not want to require an order for the pre-op evals.I was under the impression that as a RD we need to have physician orders for individual counseling/education. Any resources where I can find out the regulations for this?Any help would be great.Thanks,

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.