RemedySpot.com

Medicare EDI waiver center info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

We heard a new one today from Medicare. Maybe this isn't new to anyone else, but here goes:

If you're a small business, you're exempt from electronic billing. ok we all knew this.

Did you know that you aren't exempt, UNLESS you call the EDI Waiver Center (800) 967-7902 and register as a 'small business exempt from e-billing' ?

Minga Guerrero DC

abowoman@...

Yes, we just had to do this, and we had previously done it at the end of 2009. And, we were told we would probably have to re-register as a small biz (exempt from EDI) every 3 or 4 years, or something wacky, because the computer will just suddenly kick you out, and you have to re-document that you're still a small biz. (;-)

M. s, D.C.

Hi everyone,

We heard a new one today from Medicare. Maybe this isn't new to anyone else, but here goes:

If you're a small business, you're exempt from electronic billing. ok we all knew this.

Did you know that you aren't exempt, UNLESS you call the EDI Waiver Center (800) 967-7902 and register as a 'small business exempt from e-billing' ?

Minga Guerrero DCabowoman@...

Minga,

I finally gave up calling and sent them a return receipt certified letter asking them to register me. Next week I'll follow up with a fax to them as well. That shows I'm attempting to register if it comes to difficulties later on. Has your staff succeeded in getting through?

Christian Mathisen, D.C.

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

Hi everyone,

Minga Guerrero DCabowoman@...