RemedySpot.com

RE: Memory Loss begins at 45

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45

A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

"At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45

A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

So.....tell me again how realistic it is that we get 'all we need' from our food supply? Or that structural care isn't important? SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45

Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. "Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?

Walt

From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM

"At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"

....eat more coconut oil!!

https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf

Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724

Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45

A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself.

At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)

British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoning

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf

Sears, DC, IAYT

1218 NW 21st Ave

Portland, Oregon 97209

v: 503-225-0255

f: 503-525-6902

www.docbones.com

Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

2 of 2 File(s)

McGill U Memory Studies Project.pdf

Anisomycin Getting Rid of Bad Memories.pdf

This is the Wikipedia link for Ketosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis Of particular note wit regards to MCT and coconut oil is this: The brain cannot use long-chain fatty acids for energy because they are completely albumin-bound and cannot cross theblood-brain barrier. Not all medium-chain fatty acids are bound to albumin. The unbound medium-chain fatty acids are soluble in the blood and can cross the blood-brain barrier.[2] The ketone bodies produced in the liver can also cross the blood-brain barrier. In the brain, these ketone bodies are then incorporated into acetyl-CoA and used in the citric acid cycle ....So the MCT's in coconut oil can be used directly for (brain) fuel or fuel gluconeogenesis. (btw, I don't fully comprehend all of this but I try to understand!) Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724 From: dcdocbrian@...Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:40:40 -0800Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45

Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. "Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?

Walt

From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM

"At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"

....eat more coconut oil!!

https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf

Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724

Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45

A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself.

At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)

British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoning

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf

Sears, DC, IAYT

1218 NW 21st Ave

Portland, Oregon 97209

v: 503-225-0255

f: 503-525-6902

www.docbones.com

Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT " calls up " or " reactivates " the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): " Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion.... " http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to " call-up " the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the " memory " of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to " fear memories, " as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT " calls up " or " reactivates " the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): " Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion.... " http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to " call-up " the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the " memory " of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to " fear memories, " as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Sounds fascinating. Is it a complicated paradigm to learn? I went through Ted Carrick's program, (twice), and have a basic understanding of the principles taught in the course. I hope learning your program is more user friendly.Alan , D.C743 Lawrence StEugene, OR 97401-2501541.343.1942alansmithdc@...To: dm.bones@...CC: dcdocbrian@...; From: feinberg@...Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:19:05 -0800Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45

Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT "calls up" or "reactivates" the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): "Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion...."http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to "call-up" the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the "memory" of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to "fear memories," as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. "Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM "At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. Thanks for your reply, Les. We understand from a reductionist review of parts that CMT and yoga therapeutic pathways include all internal systems, organs, functions, and how we feel about all that as well. These internal pathways have, for the most part been identified. We also understand that, from a wholistic paradigm, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as each element is required for greatest functioning, and any dysfunction affects all elements. The difference between your dialogue based intervention and the chiropractic and yogic approaches, seem defined by the target of intervention: NMT by physiologically laden memory, and CMT/yoga by more physical manifestations. (Yoga's proved ability to influence the limbic system directly in as little as eight hours over eight weeks is a discussion for another day. . . .)Intervening therapeutically with words seems to address DD's "(innate) intellect adjustment" directly. I'm wondering if the therapeutic dialogue initiates something like CBT's transference process, wherein the patient's memory of problems is transiently transferred to the therapist? The knowledge of the therapeutic dialogue occurring in the moment, by the patient would seem necessary. But, as long as the patient is aware that presenting problems are being addressed, then improving the quality of the memory (or losing it altogether) is open-window in the hippocampus? I would suspect, if this is true, that muscle testing during the initial dialogue would reinforce the patient's awareness of the memory of the presenting problems (known or unknown to the patient).Thanks again for entertaining these most interesting ideas. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.comOn Jan 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote:Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT "calls up" or "reactivates" the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): "Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion...."http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to "call-up" the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the "memory" of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to "fear memories," as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. "Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM "At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Hi and Alan, Well, it’s about to get a bit more interesting. I’ve avoided saying too much about how the dialog proceeds because without the thorough introduction I give at the first NMT seminar, the explanation is going to leave a lot of people lost; not in that the description is too obscure to follow, but because understanding it requires letting go of some closely held perceptions about the nature of mind and body. Well, here we go and in responding I’ll also address Alan ’s question about how difficult or not the NMT protocol is compare to a mechanistic neurological approach like Dr. Carrick’s work. First, I’ve said that the NMT protocol is a system of structured therapeutic dialog composed of a general routine of application within which we select from among a couple dozen or so NMT clinical pathways composed of query statements and correction statements and each pathway concerns itself with particular aspects of physiology. Some (several) address emotional physiology, some allergy and autoimmunity, some infection, some the neurology of pain, and so on. The purpose of these pathways and the statements they are composed of is not to verbalize them to the patient for their conscious awareness. Instead, the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. The practitioner’s conscious mind is used to structure the though and form the intention to project it, but the mechanism of projection and the patient’s perception of that thought is what we call “other than conscious” or would typically be called sub-conscious (a mistranslation of Freud who actual meant unconscious or not-conscious). This mechanism in a general way has been shown to exist in all life forms and is often referred to as primal perception. Grinberg-Silberbaum in the 90’s demonstrated the effect with human research subjects in a controlled experiment that demonstrated the silent communication of thought images across distance between EMF/light/sound isolated research subject pairs. Karl Pribram studied GS’s research and found it compelling. In any case, this is how it is done in NMT. The patient’s conscious mind, beyond the initial agreement to enter into this collaborative healing dialog and the degree required to participate in muscle response testing is not involved (some procedure requires the patient to do some motion, produce some posture or motion, or sense some smell or taste, or bring to mind the memory of an event, but that is an ancillary aspect to the NMT procedure). So, NMT is nothing like cognitive behavioral therapy, which does involve the patient’s conscious mind. The mind in mind-body is an integrated and indivisible whole. We don’t in our typical experience see it that way because of our fixation on conscious mind awareness. A much bigger part of mind is what we call “other than conscious”. Think about it. How many things will a neurologist ask you to remember when you first step into the office for a neuro exam? 7, 8, maybe 9 at the most. Beyond that, the conscious mind can’t keep track of more. What about the “other than conscious”? How many aspects of physiology are kept in awareness simultaneously? Thousands? Tens of thousands? More? Probably! When we perform NMT, the idea is to enter into this “other than conscious” dialog with the mind-body of the patient and almost completely bypass conscious level thought of the patient. There are a lot of benefits and reasons for wanting to bypass the patient’s conscious mind, not the least of which is that the conscious mind has almost nothing to do with determining physiology. Even emotion is an “other than conscious” process that forms and influences both body and conscious mind but bubbles up to a level of conscious awareness only after the fact and only by way of making the conscious mind aware of the “feeling” of the emotion. To segway to Alan’s question, there is an enormous difference between a mechanistic approach to influencing neurology like Dr. Carrick’s and the NMT approach. If our goal is to produce some set of stimuli and experience that activate particular neurological processes, we need to be quite keen in our understanding and application of the minutia of neurological structure and process, because the goal is to “make” the nervous system do something it isn’t doing well. The NMT approach is to use the NMT therapeutic dialog to communicate with the intelligence of the mind-body, not the conscious mind, and by using the query and correction statements of our NMT pathways to induce the mind-body to a different and better awareness of its condition, the physiological challenges it must meet, and the unrealized options to restore homeostatic balance. By using the NMT protocol to induce this change in awareness, the mind-body better does what it is built to do but has somehow failed to do, and that is to find and execute an efficient set of physiological response to heal and repair in a way that it was unable to do immediately prior to the NMT therapeutic experience. So, in our NMT process, we need a general understanding of structure and process, but not that required by a mechanistic approach like Dr. Carrick’s. We only need to be clear enough in our understanding of mind-body structure and function to make a reference that the mind-body can understand. The mind-body knows itself and its structure and physiology implicitly. After all, it built itself from one cell. It may get confused and overlook the solution to the challenges to optimal wellness, but it always knows itself. And so, in NMT we can be highly effective using a clear, simple, and concise understanding of body structure and function that is taught in the NMT seminars; to the extent that I teach the work to intelligent lay people who are able to learn to do the work quite effectively. I would add too, and not as a criticism of yoga in any way, that although it can be shown that yoga has an influence on deep neurologic structures like the limbic system, it is not able to my knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong) to make immediate, specific, and targeted changes in the function of those deep neurologic levels. The immediate/rapid and specifically targeted changes that we can produce physiologically with NMT demonstrate that this method can do that. So, hopefully, I’ve offered more answers than produced more questions; but it may be a close call on that one. Hope to see you at the seminar in March. Cheers, S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 5:41 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. Thanks for your reply, Les. We understand from a reductionist review of parts that CMT and yoga therapeutic pathways include all internal systems, organs, functions, and how we feel about all that as well. These internal pathways have, for the most part been identified. We also understand that, from a wholistic paradigm, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as each element is required for greatest functioning, and any dysfunction affects all elements. The difference between your dialogue based intervention and the chiropractic and yogic approaches, seem defined by the target of intervention: NMT by physiologically laden memory, and CMT/yoga by more physical manifestations. (Yoga's proved ability to influence the limbic system directly in as little as eight hours over eight weeks is a discussion for another day. . . .) Intervening therapeutically with words seems to address DD's " (innate) intellect adjustment " directly. I'm wondering if the therapeutic dialogue initiates something like CBT's transference process, wherein the patient's memory of problems is transiently transferred to the therapist? The knowledge of the therapeutic dialogue occurring in the moment, by the patient would seem necessary. But, as long as the patient is aware that presenting problems are being addressed, then improving the quality of the memory (or losing it altogether) is open-window in the hippocampus? I would suspect, if this is true, that muscle testing during the initial dialogue would reinforce the patient's awareness of the memory of the presenting problems (known or unknown to the patient). Thanks again for entertaining these most interesting ideas. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT " calls up " or " reactivates " the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): " Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion.... " http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to " call-up " the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the " memory " of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to " fear memories, " as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Thank you for your generous post, Les. I recognize the time and creative energy that you have devoted to the development of NMT, and am assured that your motives arise from a true love of humanity and a desire to promote the general well-being of all. Your success thus far in helping others is a true credit to the profession and an inspiration to those deeply committed to healing. Thank you again.The idea that the target of therapeutic intervention is on an "other than conscious level" is entirely acceptable and very progressive for me personally. This is the same avenue that I have been exploring with yoga and meditation, albeit from a much more heavily travelled ancestry. From this more historical perspective, the "unconscious" target of yoga and meditation is the autonomic nervous system. The "unconscious" ANS is approached voluntarily and consciously via posture, movement, breath, vibrational energy (both light and sound), and focused intention (on the part of the patient/student). It is not a surprise, not having experienced NMT, that I still don't understand how your therapeutic intentionality impacts the hippocampus, for example.You state, "the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. A "state of entanglement" is common to yoga and meditation as well, intentionally engendered by physiological and emotional stresses agreed to by the patient/student. The adherence to the therapeutic protocol becomes the intentionality of the patient/student allowing beneficial changes to occur as the stresses/entanglement is resolved internally via wholistic physical, emotional and mental pathways. But, you're right: yoga and meditation have not shown immediate and specific resolutions as NMT has accomplished. Although I would argue that yoga and meditation can target specific pathologies and dysfunctions. Clearly something is at work here that intervenes directly via NMT.Thanks again, Les, for your generous sharing. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.comOn Jan 9, 2012, at 7:29 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi and Alan, Well, it’s about to get a bit more interesting. I’ve avoided saying too much about how the dialog proceeds because without the thorough introduction I give at the first NMT seminar, the explanation is going to leave a lot of people lost; not in that the description is too obscure to follow, but because understanding it requires letting go of some closely held perceptions about the nature of mind and body. Well, here we go and in responding I’ll also address Alan ’s question about how difficult or not the NMT protocol is compare to a mechanistic neurological approach like Dr. Carrick’s work. First, I’ve said that the NMT protocol is a system of structured therapeutic dialog composed of a general routine of application within which we select from among a couple dozen or so NMT clinical pathways composed of query statements and correction statements and each pathway concerns itself with particular aspects of physiology. Some (several) address emotional physiology, some allergy and autoimmunity, some infection, some the neurology of pain, and so on. The purpose of these pathways and the statements they are composed of is not to verbalize them to the patient for their conscious awareness. Instead, the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. The practitioner’s conscious mind is used to structure the though and form the intention to project it, but the mechanism of projection and the patient’s perception of that thought is what we call “other than conscious” or would typically be called sub-conscious (a mistranslation of Freud who actual meant unconscious or not-conscious). This mechanism in a general way has been shown to exist in all life forms and is often referred to as primal perception. Grinberg-Silberbaum in the 90’s demonstrated the effect with human research subjects in a controlled experiment that demonstrated the silent communication of thought images across distance between EMF/light/sound isolated research subject pairs. Karl Pribram studied GS’s research and found it compelling. In any case, this is how it is done in NMT. The patient’s conscious mind, beyond the initial agreement to enter into this collaborative healing dialog and the degree required to participate in muscle response testing is not involved (some procedure requires the patient to do some motion, produce some posture or motion, or sense some smell or taste, or bring to mind the memory of an event, but that is an ancillary aspect to the NMT procedure). So, NMT is nothing like cognitive behavioral therapy, which does involve the patient’s conscious mind. The mind in mind-body is an integrated and indivisible whole. We don’t in our typical experience see it that way because of our fixation on conscious mind awareness. A much bigger part of mind is what we call “other than conscious”. Think about it. How many things will a neurologist ask you to remember when you first step into the office for a neuro exam? 7, 8, maybe 9 at the most. Beyond that, the conscious mind can’t keep track of more. What about the “other than conscious”? How many aspects of physiology are kept in awareness simultaneously? Thousands? Tens of thousands? More? Probably! When we perform NMT, the idea is to enter into this “other than conscious” dialog with the mind-body of the patient and almost completely bypass conscious level thought of the patient. There are a lot of benefits and reasons for wanting to bypass the patient’s conscious mind, not the least of which is that the conscious mind has almost nothing to do with determining physiology. Even emotion is an “other than conscious” process that forms and influences both body and conscious mind but bubbles up to a level of conscious awareness only after the fact and only by way of making the conscious mind aware of the “feeling” of the emotion. To segway to Alan’s question, there is an enormous difference between a mechanistic approach to influencing neurology like Dr. Carrick’s and the NMT approach. If our goal is to produce some set of stimuli and experience that activate particular neurological processes, we need to be quite keen in our understanding and application of the minutia of neurological structure and process, because the goal is to “make” the nervous system do something it isn’t doing well. The NMT approach is to use the NMT therapeutic dialog to communicate with the intelligence of the mind-body, not the conscious mind, and by using the query and correction statements of our NMT pathways to induce the mind-body to a different and better awareness of its condition, the physiological challenges it must meet, and the unrealized options to restore homeostatic balance. By using the NMT protocol to induce this change in awareness, the mind-body better does what it is built to do but has somehow failed to do, and that is to find and execute an efficient set of physiological response to heal and repair in a way that it was unable to do immediately prior to the NMT therapeutic experience. So, in our NMT process, we need a general understanding of structure and process, but not that required by a mechanistic approach like Dr. Carrick’s. We only need to be clear enough in our understanding of mind-body structure and function to make a reference that the mind-body can understand. The mind-body knows itself and its structure and physiology implicitly. After all, it built itself from one cell. It may get confused and overlook the solution to the challenges to optimal wellness, but it always knows itself. And so, in NMT we can be highly effective using a clear, simple, and concise understanding of body structure and function that is taught in the NMT seminars; to the extent that I teach the work to intelligent lay people who are able to learn to do the work quite effectively. I would add too, and not as a criticism of yoga in any way, that although it can be shown that yoga has an influence on deep neurologic structures like the limbic system, it is not able to my knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong) to make immediate, specific, and targeted changes in the function of those deep neurologic levels. The immediate/rapid and specifically targeted changes that we can produce physiologically with NMT demonstrate that this method can do that. So, hopefully, I’ve offered more answers than produced more questions; but it may be a close call on that one. Hope to see you at the seminar in March. Cheers, S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 5:41 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. Thanks for your reply, Les. We understand from a reductionist review of parts that CMT and yoga therapeutic pathways include all internal systems, organs, functions, and how we feel about all that as well. These internal pathways have, for the most part been identified. We also understand that, from a wholistic paradigm, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as each element is required for greatest functioning, and any dysfunction affects all elements. The difference between your dialogue based intervention and the chiropractic and yogic approaches, seem defined by the target of intervention: NMT by physiologically laden memory, and CMT/yoga by more physical manifestations. (Yoga's proved ability to influence the limbic system directly in as little as eight hours over eight weeks is a discussion for another day. . . .) Intervening therapeutically with words seems to address DD's "(innate) intellect adjustment" directly. I'm wondering if the therapeutic dialogue initiates something like CBT's transference process, wherein the patient's memory of problems is transiently transferred to the therapist? The knowledge of the therapeutic dialogue occurring in the moment, by the patient would seem necessary. But, as long as the patient is aware that presenting problems are being addressed, then improving the quality of the memory (or losing it altogether) is open-window in the hippocampus? I would suspect, if this is true, that muscle testing during the initial dialogue would reinforce the patient's awareness of the memory of the presenting problems (known or unknown to the patient). Thanks again for entertaining these most interesting ideas. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT "calls up" or "reactivates" the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): "Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion...."http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to "call-up" the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the "memory" of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to "fear memories," as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. "Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM "At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)"...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ("Memory not working as well as I think it should....") starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Hi , Dialog with you is always interesting and I find I learn a new perspective of my work as you introduce other angles to consider some of the same things we consider important in NMT. By the way, I read the scary article, “How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body”. Your video on yoga resting postures shows that there is no need for dangerous and extreme versions of yoga and that yoga postures can be matched to anyone’s age and level of fitness and flexibility to enhance healing in a gentle and effective way. I was surprised that the well known instructor mentioned in the “Wreck” article had only the recommendation of “Don’t do yoga” for someone who had been injured doing the stress postures. Kind of the my way or the highway approach to yoga and too bad there isn’t more awareness of the spectrum of yoga approaches from gentle and safe to extreme and dangerous. “It is not a surprise, not having experienced NMT, that I still don't understand how your therapeutic intentionality impacts the hippocampus, for example.” If we think that therapeutic interaction is always about the practitioner “doing something to” the subject, then we need a causal and mechanistic chain of events that shows this stimulus is made, it gets processed in this particular neurological center/s, and that results in some particular physiological consequence. Not unlike the chain of events in a Rube Goldberg contraption that rolls the ball bearing down a track triggering various events on the way. What I’ve been saying all along in discussion of NMT is that is precisely how NMT doesn’t work. Instead, the NMT dialog is structured to bring awareness to mind-body conditions and responses related to the subject complaint and by so doing the mind-body recognizes error and deficiency in its perceptions and responses and, as a self-correcting, homeostasis seeking system, it finds a more efficient and successful path to regulate itself, resulting in improved physiology. The key thing in NMT is that everything we do therapeutically is based on the pretext that we are interacting with an intelligent system and that whatever that system is doing is the result of awareness, internal signaling dialog, and response. How does NMT effect the hippocampus? Everything effects the hippocampus. Read the articles I posted on Karim Nader’s research on memory. Every new experience and every reactivated historical experience becomes encoded into short term memory and then converted into long term memory. So, there is that explanation, that our NMT dialog directs mind-body awareness to some selection of conditions or events in the mind-body’s experience and this hippocampal mechanism is necessarily involved. But, the explanation I like better is that whenever we interact with the mind-body, whether it is by way of NMT, by way of Ted Carrick’s more mechanistic selection of stimuli to apply or withhold, or by way of more conventional chiropractic procedure, we change mind-body awareness in some way, there is a resultant change in internal signaling dialog, and this produces some change in physiological response. The mind-body selects what neurological or other structures are appropriate to involve in that process and this may be the hippocampus, cortex, or any other relevant structures. When we do some manipulation or we have the patient do some yoga posture we are not directly forcing some neurological apparatus to behave in a certain way (for the most part), but are instead producing a set of stimuli, the mind-body becomes aware of that set of stimuli, an internal dialog within the community of 50 trillion cells that populate the body ensues, and the result of that internal dialog is a set of neurological, chemical, and energetic signaling responses that provoke the appropriate cells and tissues that need to respond to do so in the best way the mind-body can determine how to meet the new requirements for homeostasis that it has been made aware of. Your discussion of DNA was also interesting and this is another area of great interest and is key to the structure of many of our NMT pathways. Again, it is an issue of awareness, signaling dialog, and response. As you note, this involves in connection and awareness of information that lies outside the immediate self, as Chopra discusses the connection to source consciousness, or D.D. and B.J. would discuss in terms of Universal Intelligence informing the Innate Intelligence within the mind-body. Genetic science has already discovered robust mechanisms for up/down regulation of genes in response to experience, as well as enzymatic mechanisms to discover and repair gene damage, as well as mechanisms to intentionally induce rapid and repeated non-mitotic gene mutations within cells for the explicit purpose of creating a new beneficial mutation that meets a need the cell does not previously have to respond to some challenge (Lipton reports this and the source research paper is readily available showing induction in non-lactose metabolizing bacteria to produce lactase enzyme that they did not previously have a gene to produce). Again, it’s all about awareness, signaling dialog, and response. Many of our NMT pathways address this mechanism of healing as well. If we think to much inside the box, we may find it hard to believe that one’s thoughts influence DNA level process. Here is a really simple example of it. Wait until you have a mid-afternoon blood sugar crash and are really hungry. Then go for a walk and find a good bakery with a big front window. Now, just stare at the lemon meringue pie that is on display and notice the copious amounts of saliva that fill the mouth. You have just experienced the activation of salivary gland genes exclusively the result of thought. Similar feedback occurs continually in the mind-body. For further explanation of this take a look at the HPA axis mechanisms to produce chemical signaling that activate the genetic apparatus of specific cells and organs. The HPA axis is fed not only sensory information but also has feeds of information from cognitive and emotional areas of the nervous system, all of which are put into the equation to determine what neurological/chemical motor response it produces to regulate the body in a new direction to preserve homeostasis. Did I mention that the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention center and you can register at www.nmt.md? S. Feinberg, D.C.mesfficient and successful path to regulate itself and ely how NMT doesn'mily to From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:26 AM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thank you for your generous post, Les. I recognize the time and creative energy that you have devoted to the development of NMT, and am assured that your motives arise from a true love of humanity and a desire to promote the general well-being of all. Your success thus far in helping others is a true credit to the profession and an inspiration to those deeply committed to healing. Thank you again. The idea that the target of therapeutic intervention is on an " other than conscious level " is entirely acceptable and very progressive for me personally. This is the same avenue that I have been exploring with yoga and meditation, albeit from a much more heavily travelled ancestry. From this more historical perspective, the " unconscious " target of yoga and meditation is the autonomic nervous system. The " unconscious " ANS is approached voluntarily and consciously via posture, movement, breath, vibrational energy (both light and sound), and focused intention (on the part of the patient/student). It is not a surprise, not having experienced NMT, that I still don't understand how your therapeutic intentionality impacts the hippocampus, for example. You state, " the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. A " state of entanglement " is common to yoga and meditation as well, intentionally engendered by physiological and emotional stresses agreed to by the patient/student. The adherence to the therapeutic protocol becomes the intentionality of the patient/student allowing beneficial changes to occur as the stresses/entanglement is resolved internally via wholistic physical, emotional and mental pathways. But, you're right: yoga and meditation have not shown immediate and specific resolutions as NMT has accomplished. Although I would argue that yoga and meditation can target specific pathologies and dysfunctions. Clearly something is at work here that intervenes directly via NMT. Thanks again, Les, for your generous sharing. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:29 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi and Alan, Well, it’s about to get a bit more interesting. I’ve avoided saying too much about how the dialog proceeds because without the thorough introduction I give at the first NMT seminar, the explanation is going to leave a lot of people lost; not in that the description is too obscure to follow, but because understanding it requires letting go of some closely held perceptions about the nature of mind and body. Well, here we go and in responding I’ll also address Alan ’s question about how difficult or not the NMT protocol is compare to a mechanistic neurological approach like Dr. Carrick’s work. First, I’ve said that the NMT protocol is a system of structured therapeutic dialog composed of a general routine of application within which we select from among a couple dozen or so NMT clinical pathways composed of query statements and correction statements and each pathway concerns itself with particular aspects of physiology. Some (several) address emotional physiology, some allergy and autoimmunity, some infection, some the neurology of pain, and so on. The purpose of these pathways and the statements they are composed of is not to verbalize them to the patient for their conscious awareness. Instead, the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. The practitioner’s conscious mind is used to structure the though and form the intention to project it, but the mechanism of projection and the patient’s perception of that thought is what we call “other than conscious” or would typically be called sub-conscious (a mistranslation of Freud who actual meant unconscious or not-conscious). This mechanism in a general way has been shown to exist in all life forms and is often referred to as primal perception. Grinberg-Silberbaum in the 90’s demonstrated the effect with human research subjects in a controlled experiment that demonstrated the silent communication of thought images across distance between EMF/light/sound isolated research subject pairs. Karl Pribram studied GS’s research and found it compelling. In any case, this is how it is done in NMT. The patient’s conscious mind, beyond the initial agreement to enter into this collaborative healing dialog and the degree required to participate in muscle response testing is not involved (some procedure requires the patient to do some motion, produce some posture or motion, or sense some smell or taste, or bring to mind the memory of an event, but that is an ancillary aspect to the NMT procedure). So, NMT is nothing like cognitive behavioral therapy, which does involve the patient’s conscious mind. The mind in mind-body is an integrated and indivisible whole. We don’t in our typical experience see it that way because of our fixation on conscious mind awareness. A much bigger part of mind is what we call “other than conscious”. Think about it. How many things will a neurologist ask you to remember when you first step into the office for a neuro exam? 7, 8, maybe 9 at the most. Beyond that, the conscious mind can’t keep track of more. What about the “other than conscious”? How many aspects of physiology are kept in awareness simultaneously? Thousands? Tens of thousands? More? Probably! When we perform NMT, the idea is to enter into this “other than conscious” dialog with the mind-body of the patient and almost completely bypass conscious level thought of the patient. There are a lot of benefits and reasons for wanting to bypass the patient’s conscious mind, not the least of which is that the conscious mind has almost nothing to do with determining physiology. Even emotion is an “other than conscious” process that forms and influences both body and conscious mind but bubbles up to a level of conscious awareness only after the fact and only by way of making the conscious mind aware of the “feeling” of the emotion. To segway to Alan’s question, there is an enormous difference between a mechanistic approach to influencing neurology like Dr. Carrick’s and the NMT approach. If our goal is to produce some set of stimuli and experience that activate particular neurological processes, we need to be quite keen in our understanding and application of the minutia of neurological structure and process, because the goal is to “make” the nervous system do something it isn’t doing well. The NMT approach is to use the NMT therapeutic dialog to communicate with the intelligence of the mind-body, not the conscious mind, and by using the query and correction statements of our NMT pathways to induce the mind-body to a different and better awareness of its condition, the physiological challenges it must meet, and the unrealized options to restore homeostatic balance. By using the NMT protocol to induce this change in awareness, the mind-body better does what it is built to do but has somehow failed to do, and that is to find and execute an efficient set of physiological response to heal and repair in a way that it was unable to do immediately prior to the NMT therapeutic experience. So, in our NMT process, we need a general understanding of structure and process, but not that required by a mechanistic approach like Dr. Carrick’s. We only need to be clear enough in our understanding of mind-body structure and function to make a reference that the mind-body can understand. The mind-body knows itself and its structure and physiology implicitly. After all, it built itself from one cell. It may get confused and overlook the solution to the challenges to optimal wellness, but it always knows itself. And so, in NMT we can be highly effective using a clear, simple, and concise understanding of body structure and function that is taught in the NMT seminars; to the extent that I teach the work to intelligent lay people who are able to learn to do the work quite effectively. I would add too, and not as a criticism of yoga in any way, that although it can be shown that yoga has an influence on deep neurologic structures like the limbic system, it is not able to my knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong) to make immediate, specific, and targeted changes in the function of those deep neurologic levels. The immediate/rapid and specifically targeted changes that we can produce physiologically with NMT demonstrate that this method can do that. So, hopefully, I’ve offered more answers than produced more questions; but it may be a close call on that one. Hope to see you at the seminar in March. Cheers, S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 5:41 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. Thanks for your reply, Les. We understand from a reductionist review of parts that CMT and yoga therapeutic pathways include all internal systems, organs, functions, and how we feel about all that as well. These internal pathways have, for the most part been identified. We also understand that, from a wholistic paradigm, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as each element is required for greatest functioning, and any dysfunction affects all elements. The difference between your dialogue based intervention and the chiropractic and yogic approaches, seem defined by the target of intervention: NMT by physiologically laden memory, and CMT/yoga by more physical manifestations. (Yoga's proved ability to influence the limbic system directly in as little as eight hours over eight weeks is a discussion for another day. . . .) Intervening therapeutically with words seems to address DD's " (innate) intellect adjustment " directly. I'm wondering if the therapeutic dialogue initiates something like CBT's transference process, wherein the patient's memory of problems is transiently transferred to the therapist? The knowledge of the therapeutic dialogue occurring in the moment, by the patient would seem necessary. But, as long as the patient is aware that presenting problems are being addressed, then improving the quality of the memory (or losing it altogether) is open-window in the hippocampus? I would suspect, if this is true, that muscle testing during the initial dialogue would reinforce the patient's awareness of the memory of the presenting problems (known or unknown to the patient). Thanks again for entertaining these most interesting ideas. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT " calls up " or " reactivates " the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): " Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion.... " http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to " call-up " the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the " memory " of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to " fear memories, " as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com

Hi , Dialog with you is always interesting and I find I learn a new perspective of my work as you introduce other angles to consider some of the same things we consider important in NMT. By the way, I read the scary article, “How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body”. Your video on yoga resting postures shows that there is no need for dangerous and extreme versions of yoga and that yoga postures can be matched to anyone’s age and level of fitness and flexibility to enhance healing in a gentle and effective way. I was surprised that the well known instructor mentioned in the “Wreck” article had only the recommendation of “Don’t do yoga” for someone who had been injured doing the stress postures. Kind of the my way or the highway approach to yoga and too bad there isn’t more awareness of the spectrum of yoga approaches from gentle and safe to extreme and dangerous. “It is not a surprise, not having experienced NMT, that I still don't understand how your therapeutic intentionality impacts the hippocampus, for example.” If we think that therapeutic interaction is always about the practitioner “doing something to” the subject, then we need a causal and mechanistic chain of events that shows this stimulus is made, it gets processed in this particular neurological center/s, and that results in some particular physiological consequence. Not unlike the chain of events in a Rube Goldberg contraption that rolls the ball bearing down a track triggering various events on the way. What I’ve been saying all along in discussion of NMT is that is precisely how NMT doesn’t work. Instead, the NMT dialog is structured to bring awareness to mind-body conditions and responses related to the subject complaint and by so doing the mind-body recognizes error and deficiency in its perceptions and responses and, as a self-correcting, homeostasis seeking system, it finds a more efficient and successful path to regulate itself, resulting in improved physiology. The key thing in NMT is that everything we do therapeutically is based on the pretext that we are interacting with an intelligent system and that whatever that system is doing is the result of awareness, internal signaling dialog, and response. How does NMT effect the hippocampus? Everything effects the hippocampus. Read the articles I posted on Karim Nader’s research on memory. Every new experience and every reactivated historical experience becomes encoded into short term memory and then converted into long term memory. So, there is that explanation, that our NMT dialog directs mind-body awareness to some selection of conditions or events in the mind-body’s experience and this hippocampal mechanism is necessarily involved. But, the explanation I like better is that whenever we interact with the mind-body, whether it is by way of NMT, by way of Ted Carrick’s more mechanistic selection of stimuli to apply or withhold, or by way of more conventional chiropractic procedure, we change mind-body awareness in some way, there is a resultant change in internal signaling dialog, and this produces some change in physiological response. The mind-body selects what neurological or other structures are appropriate to involve in that process and this may be the hippocampus, cortex, or any other relevant structures. When we do some manipulation or we have the patient do some yoga posture we are not directly forcing some neurological apparatus to behave in a certain way (for the most part), but are instead producing a set of stimuli, the mind-body becomes aware of that set of stimuli, an internal dialog within the community of 50 trillion cells that populate the body ensues, and the result of that internal dialog is a set of neurological, chemical, and energetic signaling responses that provoke the appropriate cells and tissues that need to respond to do so in the best way the mind-body can determine how to meet the new requirements for homeostasis that it has been made aware of. Your discussion of DNA was also interesting and this is another area of great interest and is key to the structure of many of our NMT pathways. Again, it is an issue of awareness, signaling dialog, and response. As you note, this involves in connection and awareness of information that lies outside the immediate self, as Chopra discusses the connection to source consciousness, or D.D. and B.J. would discuss in terms of Universal Intelligence informing the Innate Intelligence within the mind-body. Genetic science has already discovered robust mechanisms for up/down regulation of genes in response to experience, as well as enzymatic mechanisms to discover and repair gene damage, as well as mechanisms to intentionally induce rapid and repeated non-mitotic gene mutations within cells for the explicit purpose of creating a new beneficial mutation that meets a need the cell does not previously have to respond to some challenge (Lipton reports this and the source research paper is readily available showing induction in non-lactose metabolizing bacteria to produce lactase enzyme that they did not previously have a gene to produce). Again, it’s all about awareness, signaling dialog, and response. Many of our NMT pathways address this mechanism of healing as well. If we think to much inside the box, we may find it hard to believe that one’s thoughts influence DNA level process. Here is a really simple example of it. Wait until you have a mid-afternoon blood sugar crash and are really hungry. Then go for a walk and find a good bakery with a big front window. Now, just stare at the lemon meringue pie that is on display and notice the copious amounts of saliva that fill the mouth. You have just experienced the activation of salivary gland genes exclusively the result of thought. Similar feedback occurs continually in the mind-body. For further explanation of this take a look at the HPA axis mechanisms to produce chemical signaling that activate the genetic apparatus of specific cells and organs. The HPA axis is fed not only sensory information but also has feeds of information from cognitive and emotional areas of the nervous system, all of which are put into the equation to determine what neurological/chemical motor response it produces to regulate the body in a new direction to preserve homeostasis. Did I mention that the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention center and you can register at www.nmt.md? S. Feinberg, D.C.mesfficient and successful path to regulate itself and ely how NMT doesn'mily to From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:26 AM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thank you for your generous post, Les. I recognize the time and creative energy that you have devoted to the development of NMT, and am assured that your motives arise from a true love of humanity and a desire to promote the general well-being of all. Your success thus far in helping others is a true credit to the profession and an inspiration to those deeply committed to healing. Thank you again. The idea that the target of therapeutic intervention is on an " other than conscious level " is entirely acceptable and very progressive for me personally. This is the same avenue that I have been exploring with yoga and meditation, albeit from a much more heavily travelled ancestry. From this more historical perspective, the " unconscious " target of yoga and meditation is the autonomic nervous system. The " unconscious " ANS is approached voluntarily and consciously via posture, movement, breath, vibrational energy (both light and sound), and focused intention (on the part of the patient/student). It is not a surprise, not having experienced NMT, that I still don't understand how your therapeutic intentionality impacts the hippocampus, for example. You state, " the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. A " state of entanglement " is common to yoga and meditation as well, intentionally engendered by physiological and emotional stresses agreed to by the patient/student. The adherence to the therapeutic protocol becomes the intentionality of the patient/student allowing beneficial changes to occur as the stresses/entanglement is resolved internally via wholistic physical, emotional and mental pathways. But, you're right: yoga and meditation have not shown immediate and specific resolutions as NMT has accomplished. Although I would argue that yoga and meditation can target specific pathologies and dysfunctions. Clearly something is at work here that intervenes directly via NMT. Thanks again, Les, for your generous sharing. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:29 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi and Alan, Well, it’s about to get a bit more interesting. I’ve avoided saying too much about how the dialog proceeds because without the thorough introduction I give at the first NMT seminar, the explanation is going to leave a lot of people lost; not in that the description is too obscure to follow, but because understanding it requires letting go of some closely held perceptions about the nature of mind and body. Well, here we go and in responding I’ll also address Alan ’s question about how difficult or not the NMT protocol is compare to a mechanistic neurological approach like Dr. Carrick’s work. First, I’ve said that the NMT protocol is a system of structured therapeutic dialog composed of a general routine of application within which we select from among a couple dozen or so NMT clinical pathways composed of query statements and correction statements and each pathway concerns itself with particular aspects of physiology. Some (several) address emotional physiology, some allergy and autoimmunity, some infection, some the neurology of pain, and so on. The purpose of these pathways and the statements they are composed of is not to verbalize them to the patient for their conscious awareness. Instead, the NMT practitioner uses the pathway statements to bring to mind particular questions and corrective statements that the practitioner will use to bring to mind a very specific mental thought/mental picture. That thought is projected to the patient by directed intention, during a state of entanglement at an “other than conscious level”. The practitioner’s conscious mind is used to structure the though and form the intention to project it, but the mechanism of projection and the patient’s perception of that thought is what we call “other than conscious” or would typically be called sub-conscious (a mistranslation of Freud who actual meant unconscious or not-conscious). This mechanism in a general way has been shown to exist in all life forms and is often referred to as primal perception. Grinberg-Silberbaum in the 90’s demonstrated the effect with human research subjects in a controlled experiment that demonstrated the silent communication of thought images across distance between EMF/light/sound isolated research subject pairs. Karl Pribram studied GS’s research and found it compelling. In any case, this is how it is done in NMT. The patient’s conscious mind, beyond the initial agreement to enter into this collaborative healing dialog and the degree required to participate in muscle response testing is not involved (some procedure requires the patient to do some motion, produce some posture or motion, or sense some smell or taste, or bring to mind the memory of an event, but that is an ancillary aspect to the NMT procedure). So, NMT is nothing like cognitive behavioral therapy, which does involve the patient’s conscious mind. The mind in mind-body is an integrated and indivisible whole. We don’t in our typical experience see it that way because of our fixation on conscious mind awareness. A much bigger part of mind is what we call “other than conscious”. Think about it. How many things will a neurologist ask you to remember when you first step into the office for a neuro exam? 7, 8, maybe 9 at the most. Beyond that, the conscious mind can’t keep track of more. What about the “other than conscious”? How many aspects of physiology are kept in awareness simultaneously? Thousands? Tens of thousands? More? Probably! When we perform NMT, the idea is to enter into this “other than conscious” dialog with the mind-body of the patient and almost completely bypass conscious level thought of the patient. There are a lot of benefits and reasons for wanting to bypass the patient’s conscious mind, not the least of which is that the conscious mind has almost nothing to do with determining physiology. Even emotion is an “other than conscious” process that forms and influences both body and conscious mind but bubbles up to a level of conscious awareness only after the fact and only by way of making the conscious mind aware of the “feeling” of the emotion. To segway to Alan’s question, there is an enormous difference between a mechanistic approach to influencing neurology like Dr. Carrick’s and the NMT approach. If our goal is to produce some set of stimuli and experience that activate particular neurological processes, we need to be quite keen in our understanding and application of the minutia of neurological structure and process, because the goal is to “make” the nervous system do something it isn’t doing well. The NMT approach is to use the NMT therapeutic dialog to communicate with the intelligence of the mind-body, not the conscious mind, and by using the query and correction statements of our NMT pathways to induce the mind-body to a different and better awareness of its condition, the physiological challenges it must meet, and the unrealized options to restore homeostatic balance. By using the NMT protocol to induce this change in awareness, the mind-body better does what it is built to do but has somehow failed to do, and that is to find and execute an efficient set of physiological response to heal and repair in a way that it was unable to do immediately prior to the NMT therapeutic experience. So, in our NMT process, we need a general understanding of structure and process, but not that required by a mechanistic approach like Dr. Carrick’s. We only need to be clear enough in our understanding of mind-body structure and function to make a reference that the mind-body can understand. The mind-body knows itself and its structure and physiology implicitly. After all, it built itself from one cell. It may get confused and overlook the solution to the challenges to optimal wellness, but it always knows itself. And so, in NMT we can be highly effective using a clear, simple, and concise understanding of body structure and function that is taught in the NMT seminars; to the extent that I teach the work to intelligent lay people who are able to learn to do the work quite effectively. I would add too, and not as a criticism of yoga in any way, that although it can be shown that yoga has an influence on deep neurologic structures like the limbic system, it is not able to my knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong) to make immediate, specific, and targeted changes in the function of those deep neurologic levels. The immediate/rapid and specifically targeted changes that we can produce physiologically with NMT demonstrate that this method can do that. So, hopefully, I’ve offered more answers than produced more questions; but it may be a close call on that one. Hope to see you at the seminar in March. Cheers, S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 5:41 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. Thanks for your reply, Les. We understand from a reductionist review of parts that CMT and yoga therapeutic pathways include all internal systems, organs, functions, and how we feel about all that as well. These internal pathways have, for the most part been identified. We also understand that, from a wholistic paradigm, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, as each element is required for greatest functioning, and any dysfunction affects all elements. The difference between your dialogue based intervention and the chiropractic and yogic approaches, seem defined by the target of intervention: NMT by physiologically laden memory, and CMT/yoga by more physical manifestations. (Yoga's proved ability to influence the limbic system directly in as little as eight hours over eight weeks is a discussion for another day. . . .) Intervening therapeutically with words seems to address DD's " (innate) intellect adjustment " directly. I'm wondering if the therapeutic dialogue initiates something like CBT's transference process, wherein the patient's memory of problems is transiently transferred to the therapist? The knowledge of the therapeutic dialogue occurring in the moment, by the patient would seem necessary. But, as long as the patient is aware that presenting problems are being addressed, then improving the quality of the memory (or losing it altogether) is open-window in the hippocampus? I would suspect, if this is true, that muscle testing during the initial dialogue would reinforce the patient's awareness of the memory of the presenting problems (known or unknown to the patient). Thanks again for entertaining these most interesting ideas. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:19 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Hi Dr. Sears, There are a lot of ways that previous that the neurology of a structure can be “called up” as you note. It can happen with mechanical and/or vibratory stimulation in yoga to activate memory related to some body structure or function. It can happen in chiropractic with manipulation and other physical modalities. But, I take issue as to whether this is memory in the way that Nader is speaking of it, as opposed to reflex arcs and connections that become stimulated by bringing activity to particular structures. That is not to diminish conventional chiropractic or yoga; only to say that I think we are comparing apples and oranges. Accessing a hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory is hardly the same thing as vibrating a liver or adjusting C1, however much therapeutic value may come from those actions. I think we are talking about an entirely different kind of accessing, and a whole different level of neurological phenomena that are accessed. In NMT, as you know we use a semantically based, and intention delivered therapeutic dialog and that permits making reference to much more informationally rich categories of experience than simple mechanical stimulation could possibly do. The NMT protocol can be used to reference some particular experience of allergy or inflammatory behavior, some emotionally charged experience, some particular injury event and even the social and other context in which it occurred. Virtually anything you can imagine we have the tools to bring mind-body attention to and once we have successfully made such a reference and engaged that memory, we have very specific corrective dialogs to induce the mind-body to recontext and reformat neurological organization and to thereby produce a different and better informational basis on which to predicate physiological decision making. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of SearsSent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:55 PM S Feinberg, DCCc: 'BRIAN SEITZ'; Subject: Re: Memory Loss begins at 45 Thanks for the post, Dr. Feinberg. I'm interested in how NMT " calls up " or " reactivates " the qualitatively impaired memory in order for the therapeutic intervention to address it (See quote below): " Before testing cellular reconsolidation in the hippocampus, professors Nader and Ledoux showed that intra- hippocampal infusions of the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin caused amnesia for a consolidated hippocampal-dependant contextual fear memory, but only if the memory was reactivated prior to infusion.... " http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1405920/1033633896/name/McGill%20U%20Memory%20Studies%20Project%2Epdf Chiropractically, in mechanically-based subluxation, the vertebral level consistent with physical differential diagnosis and/or patient symptom picture is stimulated (adjusted) in order to " call-up " the involved pathways, mechanical and neurologically. In yoga, movement (mechanical and/or vibratory) is introduced into the involved dysfunctional organ or mechanical lesion, accessing it's extended pathways. In both cases, centralized (CNS-involved) lesions (including the " memory " of the lesion) are able to be activated. I can see how such mechanical and organic dysfunctional pathways correlate to " fear memories, " as described in the articles you posted. But, how is the involved memory reactivated by NMT prior to therapeutic intervention? Is it accomplished neurologically (in the patient) by the similarity of the differential diagnosis enquiry dialogue to the memory pathway? Or, is it dependent upon the intention of the protocol as it addresses a dysfunctional complaint important to the patient? How does NMT meet the apparent therapeutic demand that the involved memory be reactivated prior to effective therapeutic intervention? I realize this may be too much to fully explain here, but any insight you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks again for the post. Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:15 PM, S Feinberg, DC wrote: Attached is a cool article on current research in short term/long term memory. Turns out the truth it isn’t as simple as has been thought, according to Canadian researcher Karim Nader. Instead of short term memory being converted to long term and that’s the end of it, it turns out that every time we access memory we convert it into volatile short term form during which time it is subject to present time influences that modify it. Much like the way long term data storage in files on a hard drive is subject to modification when the file is opened to RAM, subject to change during use, and re-stored on the hard drive, often modified in some small or large way. I present this research in my NMT seminars because it explains why accessing memory related to physiological function as we do in the NMT protocol and then inducing the mind-body to reconsider the situation results in a change in memory patterns when they are again converted to long term memory, with a resultant change in physiology. Pretty solid support for how the NMT protocol works neurologically. Also, explains why lawyers, judges, and law enforcement find such malleability in the memory of witnesses. Turns out just accessing memory makes it vulnerable to change. Oh yeah, the next Portland NMT seminar is March 16-18 at the Red Lion Convention Center. Want to learn something really cool to take your practice to a whole different level? Join us. S. Feinberg, D.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of BRIAN SEITZSent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Coconut oil is an excellent source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), MCT's are used as fuel. " Burning " MCT's results in mild ketosis. This article is an example of trying to create a prescriptive medication where a natural source (of real food) exists. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:27:49 -0800From: docwiese7@...Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45dcdocbrian@...How does coconut oil help the Hippocampus, where short term memory is stored? I read the article and it discusses how the brain is not getting enough glucose therefore fasting creates Keto bodies which for some reason will help Hippocampus maintain, however this futile for long term as well. For some reason the Hippocampus begins to give out due to lack of food, which it seems they do not know why there is a lack of glucose to the brain. So, this brings me back to your statement on Coconut oil, where does this fit in with this article?Walt From: BRIAN SEITZ <dcdocbrian@...>Subject: RE: Memory Loss begins at 45 Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 11:58 AM " At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!) " ...eat more coconut oil!! https://www.secureinfoarea.com/literature/Reger%202004.pdf Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724Oregondcs From: dm.bones@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:38:46 -0800Subject: Memory Loss begins at 45 A new study from the British Medical Journal describes Subjective Cognitive Impairment (SCI) ( " Memory not working as well as I think it should.... " ) starting much earlier than previously thought. It also reveals that SCI progresses to Moderate Cognitive Impairment (MCI) much faster than previously thought. MCI is significant for severe short-term memory loss and progresses to Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in a high percentage of cases. Many involved scientists believe that MCI is an early form of AD itself. At present, only lifestyle and nutrition are preventive; no pharmacological relief is forthcoming (duh!)British Medical Journal: Brain drain starts at age 45 — not age 60Younger men and women had 3.6% drop in mental reasoningRead more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/british-medical-journal-brain-drain-starts-age-45-age-60-article-1.1001921#ixzz1inqaJfaf Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.com