RemedySpot.com

Re: HB 119

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Beautifully reasoned and written, Minga. Thanks for the template! SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com joseph.abruzzo@...; From: AboWoman@...Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:28:42 -0500Subject: HB 119

Dear Senator,

I am a chiropractic physican of 27 years experience in Portland, OR. I have served for the Governor's office for over 17 yrs in state regulation. 6 of those years as a licensing board member and 4 1/2 as president of the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners. I served as the Oregon delegate to the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (the US credentialing/ testing agency) and 6 years as the Oregon delegate to the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (International regulation agency). I was recently made aware of HB 119, a newly proposed, PIP insurance law that would limit consumers ability to access non-emergency and non-drug treatment for musculo-skeletal injurie following an auto accident. I've listed below, the reasons I believe this is an extremely flawed idea. Although I'm not a direct constituent, I would respectfully ask that you consider the points below and vote AGAINST this bill.

thank you for considering my point of view.

Minga Guerrero DC

Hood View Chiropractic

270 NE 181st Ave

Portland, OR 97230

HB 119

Does nothing to directly attack fraud

In these days of high unemployment, will cause the loss of tens of thousands of jobs (in offices of non-hospital providers)

Will lower the quality of health care provided to those injured in auto accidents

Will result in less care for those with injuries, as all benefits will be absorbed in just one ER visit with high-dollar diagnostic costs

Shifts care to the most expensive, most chaotic venue

Will flood emergency rooms, meaning longer wait time for care for those who are critical and not critical

Removes the number one choice of consumers for drugless, conservative care: chiropractic.

Removes the least expensive drugless, non-surgical intervention: chiropractic.

By removing the number one drugless intervention, will result in even more injured Floridians with dependencies on pain medication, feeding the pill mill problem.

Minga Guerrero DC

abowoman@...

You go girl…excellent Minga…excellent….may I post this to the ACA listserve may help as per a template for Florida DCs? Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of AboWoman@...Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:29 PMjoseph.abruzzo@...; Subject: HB 119 Dear Senator,I am a chiropractic physican of 27 years experience in Portland, OR. I have served for the Governor's office for over 17 yrs in state regulation. 6 of those years as a licensing board member and 4 1/2 as president of the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners. I served as the Oregon delegate to the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (the US credentialing/ testing agency) and 6 years as the Oregon delegate to the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (International regulation agency). I was recently made aware of HB 119, a newly proposed, PIP insurance law that would limit consumers ability to access non-emergency and non-drug treatment for musculo-skeletal injurie following an auto accident. I've listed below, the reasons I believe this is an extremely flawed idea. Although I'm not a direct constituent, I would respectfully ask that you consider the points below and vote AGAINST this bill. thank you for considering my point of view.Minga Guerrero DCHood View Chiropractic270 NE 181st AvePortland, OR 97230 HB 119 Does nothing to directly attack fraud In these days of high unemployment, will cause the loss of tens of thousands of jobs (in offices of non-hospital providers) Will lower the quality of health care provided to those injured in auto accidents Will result in less care for those with injuries, as all benefits will be absorbed in just one ER visit with high-dollar diagnostic costs Shifts care to the most expensive, most chaotic venue Will flood emergency rooms, meaning longer wait time for care for those who are critical and not critical Removes the number one choice of consumers for drugless, conservative care: chiropractic. Removes the least expensive drugless, non-surgical intervention: chiropractic. By removing the number one drugless intervention, will result in even more injured Floridians with dependencies on pain medication, feeding the pill mill problem. Minga Guerrero DCabowoman@...

I echo Sunny's thoughts.  A masterpiece of reasoning and truth!!  Thanks for your efforts to support our good profession. Schneider DCPDXOn Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM, <AboWoman@...> wrote:

Dear Senator,

I am a chiropractic physican of 27 years experience in Portland, OR. I have served for the Governor's office for over 17 yrs in state regulation. 6 of those years as a licensing board member and 4 1/2 as president of the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners. I served as the Oregon delegate to the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (the US credentialing/ testing agency) and 6 years as the Oregon delegate to the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (International regulation agency). I was recently made aware of HB 119, a newly proposed, PIP insurance law that would limit consumers ability to access non-emergency and non-drug treatment for musculo-skeletal injurie following an auto accident. I've listed below, the reasons I believe this is an extremely flawed idea.  Although I'm not a direct constituent, I would respectfully ask that you consider the points below and vote AGAINST this bill.

thank you for considering my point of view.

Minga Guerrero DC

Hood View Chiropractic

270 NE 181st Ave

Portland, OR 97230

HB 119

Does nothing to directly attack fraud

In these days of high unemployment, will cause the loss of tens of thousands of jobs (in offices of non-hospital providers)

Will lower the quality of health care provided to those injured in auto accidents

Will result in less care for those with injuries, as all benefits will be absorbed in just one ER visit with high-dollar diagnostic costs

Shifts care to the most expensive, most chaotic venue

Will flood emergency rooms, meaning longer wait time for care for those who are critical and not critical

Removes the number one choice of consumers for drugless, conservative care: chiropractic.

Removes the least expensive drugless, non-surgical intervention: chiropractic.

By removing the number one drugless intervention, will result in even more injured Floridians with dependencies on pain medication, feeding the pill mill problem.

Minga Guerrero DC

abowoman@...

-- Schneider DC PDX