RemedySpot.com

Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am with you Sharron.  I really think this ad goes too far and could raise flags of concern from many. Schneider DCPDXOn Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Sharron Fuchs <sharronf@...> wrote:

Heck of a savings. This, I don’t

understand.

s. fuchs dc

[mailto:LocalDeals@...]

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012

6:22 AM

Sharron Fuchs

Subject: 89% Off Chiropractic

Package - Portland

Eastside / Vancouver

Save in your

city. Not interested in AmazonLocal deals? Unsubscribe.

Your

Local Deal for

Portland - Eastside / Vancouver

Locations

13712 NE 20th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

605 SE 164th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

Chiropractic Wellness Package

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by

LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

There are bridges throughout the metro

area criss-crossing rivers, but the connector you wish worked better

goes by another name -- your spine. Put yourself back on the bridge to

good health with today's deal. For $59 (a $550 value), enjoy a wellness

package featuring a chiropractic consultation, exam and nerve scan,

adjustment, X-rays, an hour-long massage, and a lumbar support kit from

Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.

Inside this state-of-the-art facility,

just across the river from downtown Portland, doctors will get to know

you and your body, so they can engineer the treatment you need --

rather than some cookie-cutter plan. Grab this 89%-off deal before we

have to lift this bridge and leave you stuck on the wrong side of back

pain.

This message was sent to the following

e-mail address: sharronf@...

We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not

receive future emails of this sort from AmazonLocal, it's easy to unsubscribe.

Be sure to add LocalDeals@... to

your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox.

Note: This email was sent from a

notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email. Please

do not reply to this email unless you really enjoy reading automated email

replies.

© 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All

rights reserved. AmazonLocal and the AmazonLocal logo are trademarks of

Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. AmazonLocal, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle,

WA 98109-5210.

Reference: 22381130

-- Schneider DC PDX

................tiny little bit of a lack of self-esteem, there, it would seem. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com sharronf@...CC: From: portlandchiro1@...Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:51:41 -0800Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

I am with you Sharron. I really think this ad goes too far and could raise flags of concern from many. Schneider DCPDXOn Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Sharron Fuchs <sharronf@...> wrote:

understand.

s. fuchs dc

Sharron Fuchs

Package - Portland

Eastside / Vancouver

Save in your

Your

Local Deal for

Locations

13712 NE 20th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

605 SE 164th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by

LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.

Inside this state-of-the-art facility,

pain.

your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox.

Note: This email was sent from a

replies.

© 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All

WA 98109-5210.

-- Schneider DC PDX

Is this better than giving away the first visit for free? That's open for debate... Either way, I think it devalues our very valuable service. When was the last time you got a free visit at...well, any professional office? Maybe a free consultation to

let them know you can help them, but I think we all need to be clear in what we offer and establish value in our service. IMO. :)

Janell Chandler, DC

Chiropractor

7809 NE 94th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98662

Office: 360-944-1800

Cellular: 360-606-2502

imo This very much devalues our valuable services and lowers the public's perceptions about our profession. As much as I dislike continually adding more regulations, it does seem to me there need to be stronger guidelines about what is appropriate with Washington advertising.

Janet L Rueger, DCCertified in CraniopathyCertified BodyTalk Practitioner149 Clear Creek Dr., # 105Ashland, OR, 97520541-690-6799bodytalk@...

On Jan 11, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Sharron Fuchs wrote:

understand. s. fuchs dc

Sharron Fuchs

Package - Portland

Eastside / Vancouver

Save in your

Your

Local Deal for

Locations

13712 NE 20th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

605 SE 164th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by

LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.Inside this state-of-the-art facility,

pain.

your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox. Note: This email was sent from a

replies. © 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All

WA 98109-5210.

They should be ashamed of themselves frankly.

ph Medlin D.C.

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:51 PM

Sharron Fuchs

Cc:

Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

I am with you Sharron. I really think this ad goes too far and could raise flags of concern from many. Schneider DCPDX

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Sharron Fuchs <sharronf@...> wrote:

Heck of a savings. This, I don’t understand.

s. fuchs dc

From: Amazon.com [mailto:LocalDeals@...] Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:22 AMSharron FuchsSubject: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

Save in your city. Not interested in AmazonLocal deals? Unsubscribe.

Your Local Deal for

Locations

13712 NE 20th AvenueVancouver, WA 98686

605 SE 164th AvenueVancouver, WA 98686

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

There are bridges throughout the metro area criss-crossing rivers, but the connector you wish worked better goes by another name -- your spine. Put yourself back on the bridge to good health with today's deal. For $59 (a $550 value), enjoy a wellness package featuring a chiropractic consultation, exam and nerve scan, adjustment, X-rays, an hour-long massage, and a lumbar support kit from Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.

Inside this state-of-the-art facility, just across the river from downtown Portland, doctors will get to know you and your body, so they can engineer the treatment you need -- rather than some cookie-cutter plan. Grab this 89%-off deal before we have to lift this bridge and leave you stuck on the wrong side of back pain.

This message was sent to the following e-mail address: sharronf@...We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future emails of this sort from AmazonLocal, it's easy to unsubscribe.

Be sure to add LocalDeals@... to your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox.

Note: This email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this email unless you really enjoy reading automated email replies.

© 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All rights reserved. AmazonLocal and the AmazonLocal logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. AmazonLocal, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109-5210. Reference: 22381130

-- Schneider DC PDX

Is this similar to the groupon thing???Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554sharronf@...; portlandchiro1@...CC: From: spinetree@...Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:06:32 -0800Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

ph Medlin D.C.

Sharron Fuchs

Cc:

I am with you Sharron. I really think this ad goes too far and could raise flags of concern from many. Schneider DCPDX

Heck of a savings. This, I don’t understand.

s. fuchs dc

From: Amazon.com [mailto:LocalDeals@...] Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:22 AMSharron FuchsSubject: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

Your Local Deal for

Locations

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

There are bridges throughout the metro area criss-crossing rivers, but the connector you wish worked better goes by another name -- your spine. Put yourself back on the bridge to good health with today's deal. For $59 (a $550 value), enjoy a wellness package featuring a chiropractic consultation, exam and nerve scan, adjustment, X-rays, an hour-long massage, and a lumbar support kit from Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.

Inside this state-of-the-art facility, just across the river from downtown Portland, doctors will get to know you and your body, so they can engineer the treatment you need -- rather than some cookie-cutter plan. Grab this 89%-off deal before we have to lift this bridge and leave you stuck on the wrong side of back pain.

This message was sent to the following e-mail address: sharronf@...We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future emails of this sort from AmazonLocal, it's easy to unsubscribe.

Be sure to add LocalDeals@... to your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox.

Note: This email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this email unless you really enjoy reading automated email replies.

© 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All rights reserved. AmazonLocal and the AmazonLocal logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. AmazonLocal, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109-5210. Reference: 22381130

-- Schneider DC PDX

So, isn't this not allowed in OR now? I just saw this same thing from an OR DC in SharingSpree.com. ...although the value is only $295, AND you get a 45 min massage. The WA doc's value was over $500, right? So, how in the heck are they adding up their

fees for the total value? I wonder what lay people think of this? And does discounting your fees so much really bring in quality patients who VALUE their health?

Janell Chandler, DC

Chiropractor

7809 NE 94th Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98662

Office: 360-944-1800

Cellular: 360-606-2502

This put out by Living Social. Their contract says this type of relationship is advertising. Groupon has been considered different by our board. I am not against this type of advertising but the discount is mind boggling.s. fuchs dcSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 12, 2012, at 9:21 AM, "Charlie Caughlin" <caughlindrc@...> wrote:Is this similar to the groupon thing???Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554sharronf@...; portlandchiro1@...CC: From: spinetree@...Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:06:32 -0800Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver They should be ashamed of themselves frankly. ph Medlin D.C. From: Schneider Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:51 PMSharron Fuchs Cc: Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver I am with you Sharron. I really think this ad goes too far and could raise flags of concern from many. Schneider DCPDXOn Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Sharron Fuchs <sharronf@...> wrote: Heck of a savings. This, I don’t understand. s. fuchs dc From: Amazon.com [mailto:LocalDeals@...] Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:22 AMSharron FuchsSubject: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver Save in your city. Not interested in AmazonLocal deals? Unsubscribe. Your Local Deal forPortland - Eastside / Vancouver Locations 13712 NE 20th AvenueVancouver, WA 98686 605 SE 164th AvenueVancouver, WA 98686 Chiropractic Wellness Package Bridge Chiropractic Sold by LivingSocial $ 59 Value $550 Savings 89% ($491) The Details There are bridges throughout the metro area criss-crossing rivers, but the connector you wish worked better goes by another name -- your spine. Put yourself back on the bridge to good health with today's deal. For $59 (a $550 value), enjoy a wellness package featuring a chiropractic consultation, exam and nerve scan, adjustment, X-rays, an hour-long massage, and a lumbar support kit from Bridge Chiropractic in Vancouver.Inside this state-of-the-art facility, just across the river from downtown Portland, doctors will get to know you and your body, so they can engineer the treatment you need -- rather than some cookie-cutter plan. Grab this 89%-off deal before we have to lift this bridge and leave you stuck on the wrong side of back pain. This message was sent to the following e-mail address: sharronf@...We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future emails of this sort from AmazonLocal, it's easy to unsubscribe. Be sure to add LocalDeals@... to your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox. Note: This email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this email unless you really enjoy reading automated email replies. © 2011 AmazonLocal or its affiliates. All rights reserved. AmazonLocal and the AmazonLocal logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. AmazonLocal, 410 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109-5210. Reference: 22381130 -- Schneider DC PDX

Based on personal experience with practice management gurus a number of years ago, I can pretty much guarantee there is a big "up-sell" for a program of care going on once the patient gets in the door. The discount on the front end is minimal compared to the BIG payoff on the backend. I GREATLY dislike this type of marketing. I think it definitely lowers the perceived value of our professional services. The thing is, the doctors and staff are probably completely convinced that they are doing the best thing possible for their community and their clinic by offering this. I think their intention is likely very good. How many Living Social customers saw that ad and said to themselves "wow, big discount... there's gotta be a catch" and moved on with a slightly tarnished impression of chiropractors?Jamey Dyson, DCOn Jan 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Sharron Fuchs wrote:

This put out by Living Social. Their contract says this type of relationship is advertising. Groupon has been considered different by our board. I am not against this type of advertising but the discount is mind boggling.s. fuchs dcSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 12, 2012, at 9:21 AM, "Charlie Caughlin" <caughlindrc@...> wrote:

Is this similar to the groupon thing???Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554sharronf@...; portlandchiro1@...CC: From: spinetree@...Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:06:32 -0800Subject: Re: FW: 89% Off Chiropractic Package - Portland Eastside / Vancouver

ph Medlin D.C.

Sharron Fuchs

Cc:

Heck of a savings. This, I don’t understand. s. fuchs dc

Your Local Deal for

Locations

Bridge Chiropractic

Sold by LivingSocial

$

Value

$550

Savings

89% ($491)

The Details

-- Schneider DC PDX

What bothers me about this type of advertising is that is says that without the

discount it costs $500-600 to go to a chiropractor.

I believe Bridge Chiropractic is the office of Dr. , who organizes a

monthly philosophy gathering and organized the " Legacy Gathering " in the fall.

He seems very successful and " on fire for chiropractic, " which I can appreciate.

I have met him and there is no lack of self-esteem there. Maybe just a little

too eager for some of our tastes.

Ian Jarman DC

Florence,OR

>

> Is this better than giving away the first visit for free? That's open for

debate... Either way, I think it devalues our very valuable service. When was

the last time you got a free visit at...well, any professional office? Maybe a

free consultation to let them know you can help them, but I think we all need to

be clear in what we offer and establish value in our service. IMO. :)

>

>

>

> Janell Chandler, DC

>

> Chiropractor

>

> 7809 NE 94th Avenue

>

> Vancouver, WA 98662

>

> Office: 360-944-1800