RemedySpot.com

The Oregon Chiropractic Association Looking Out for the Profession in Salem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Colleagues, Not sure how many of you have been following healthcare reform in Oregon (you need to be) but tomorrow a hearing in the House Health Committee is up for what will be known as “Coordinated Care Organizations” (CCOs) kind of Managed Care Organizations on steroids. The Governor’s “Health Systems Transformation Team” which I served on came up with these animals which is kind of Oregon’s version of the Federal “Accountable Care Organizations.” Attached is the OCA’s official written testimony for tomorrow it is absolutely critical that we do not allow these CCOs to discriminate against us nor any other health care provider and as such the OCA is not alone in this battle. We have put together a “Non-MD Coalition” consisting of chiropractic and naturopathic physicians, licensed acupuncturists, massage therapists, nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, optometrists….and soon I’ve been told the clinical psychologists and audiologists will join the battle. Colleagues with universal health care in Oregon coming fully online in 2015 and “storm clouds” on the horizon for auto PIP the profession needs your financial support like no other time in our history. This work on the CCOs and universal health care and the attached document are some of the many things your state association is doing for you, for all of us ever single day…is it not time to step up and finally join us and put your financial shoulders against that great wheel….I just don’t know how else to say it, we need you doctor and we need you now!!…..the cost is only $66 per month for a regular membership. Please just consider for a moment what the cost to your practice would be if you lost auto PIP and what would be the prize and income change when we do gain that level playing field and both equal access to patients and equal reimbursement? Please call the OCA office tomorrow and get signed up call 503-256-1601 and if you have any questions please call me on my cell 541-231-4528. Help Us Continue…The Good Fight…! Vern Saboe, DC

1 of 1 File(s)

OCA Written Testimony House Healthcare Committee, Jan. 18, 2012.docx