RemedySpot.com

Re: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

All, One of the comments from my peers during the convention that is still ringing in my ears has to do with DC IMEs and the difficulty they have defending our stance because of the poor documentation put out by many of our field docs. While the DC IME would like to help out the public, what is received from the treating doc has such poor intake exams/testing/imaging/treating documentation, that the IME has nothing on which to 'hang their hat'. This is an area we, as a board, want to look at and address this session. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com From: drbobdc83@...Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:22:00 -0800Subject: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA

(out of Medford) In my opinion, of course... ;) I'm certainly hoping the OCA can work this year within the profession and directly with the OBCE to PROTECT THE PUBLIC from these "paper review" docs who have sold their souls, our profession, and the citizens of this state down the river for their own shameless, gutless greed (again, in my opinion).

It's too bad they have to make their living on the underbelly of chiropractic, rather than experience the joy of HELPING people.

To all you shameless IME'ers... I hope your time has come.

M. s, D.C.

That’s absolutely correct Sunny. However, for those offices where documentation is there and substantiates care, it has not seemed to change the outcome of the “independent exam”. Indeed there are offices that need to step up documentation. That will probably always exist. The curiosity lies in the case where the records are sufficient and yet the “opinion” of the IME simply differs with the treating doctor without clinical justification.

ph Medlin D.C.

Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:08 AM

s, D.C. ;

Subject: RE: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA

All, One of the comments from my peers during the convention that is still ringing in my ears has to do with DC IMEs and the difficulty they have defending our stance because of the poor documentation put out by many of our field docs. While the DC IME would like to help out the public, what is received from the treating doc has such poor intake exams/testing/imaging/treating documentation, that the IME has nothing on which to 'hang their hat'. This is an area we, as a board, want to look at and address this session. Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com

From: drbobdc83@... tDate: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:22:00 -0800Subject: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA

(out of Medford) In my opinion, of course... ;) I'm certainly hoping the OCA can work this year within the profession and directly with the OBCE to PROTECT THE PUBLIC from these "paper review" docs who have sold their souls, our profession, and the citizens of this state down the river for their own shameless, gutless greed (again, in my opinion).

It's too bad they have to make their living on the underbelly of chiropractic, rather than experience the joy of HELPING people.

M. s, D.C.

The Oregon Chiropractic Association is working on this issue and relative to the abuse on their other end of this issue excessive treatment and the reality that storm clouds are on the horizon. Florida DCs and LMTs could actually lose the privilege yes “privilege” of treating injured motorists. Much like 1989 here in Oregon and Senate Bill 1197 a bill has been introduced that would eliminate chiropractors and massage therapists from the auto PIP law….Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ph MedlinSent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:06 AM s, D.C.; ; Sunny KierstynSubject: Re: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA That’s absolutely correct Sunny. However, for those offices where documentation is there and substantiates care, it has not seemed to change the outcome of the “independent exam”. Indeed there are offices that need to step up documentation. That will probably always exist. The curiosity lies in the case where the records are sufficient and yet the “opinion” of the IME simply differs with the treating doctor without clinical justification. ph Medlin D.C. From: Sunny Kierstyn Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:08 AM s, D.C. ; Subject: RE: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA All, One of the comments from my peers during the convention that is still ringing in my ears has to do with DC IMEs and the difficulty they have defending our stance because of the poor documentation put out by many of our field docs. While the DC IME would like to help out the public, what is received from the treating doc has such poor intake exams/testing/imaging/treating documentation, that the IME has nothing on which to 'hang their hat'. This is an area we, as a board, want to look at and address this session. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com From: drbobdc83@... tDate: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:22:00 -0800Subject: H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA (out of Medford) In my opinion, of course... ;) I'm certainly hoping the OCA can work this year within the profession and directly with the OBCE to PROTECT THE PUBLIC from these " paper review " docs who have sold their souls, our profession, and the citizens of this state down the river for their own shameless, gutless greed (again, in my opinion). It's too bad they have to make their living on the underbelly of chiropractic, rather than experience the joy of HELPING people. To all you shameless IME'ers... I hope your time has come. M. s, D.C.

Agreed Sunny! Better documentation by all field docs for sure!! BUT...when has an IME doc ever noted a "lack of documentation," performed his own exam, and then determined that the lack of documentation lead to UNDER TREATMENT, or that the treating doc missed some condition that requires further treatment? Ya know what I mean...?

Why is it that the supposed "lack of documentation" is used not just to terminate care, but to actually declare the patient medically stationary with NO disability? The two do not necessarily equate!!

That's where I have my problem with the system...(and I would like to see these "paper exam" docs before the board every quarter). (but, that's just me). (:-)

RR

H Wolf III, D.C. HACK IME'S FOR USAA

M. s, D.C.