RemedySpot.com

RE: Another question on: Charges

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So, now I have question when does one bill for deep tissue verse massage and can the office bill $160-$200 under one of these code (or both) then charge the patient down into the range of $75 which is much more then 20%?

Walt

Eagle Point

From: Micaehl Sorah <msorah@...>Subject: RE: RE: Charges"'Christian Mathisen'" <cmathdc@...>Cc: "oregon dcs" < >Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 1:24 PM

Christian,

The LMT’s in our office have a set fee per unit of treatment. There is a certain fee for curative therapeutic massage and a different fee for deep myofacial release work. This is the fee that they charge all patients no matter what; however, if a patient pays at time of service, they do provide a payment at time of service discount. The discount in reasonable which is set around 20%. It is a completely different thing when they are working for either me or the other DC in the office as a CA and performing treatment under our supervision and prescription. With that situation, patients are being charged whatever value we have set in our practice for those services. I hope this helps.

Sorah, DC

Corvallis, OR

msorah@...

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Christian MathisenSent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:37 PMOregon ChiropractorsSubject: RE: Charges

Hi All,

I've run into something new. Thought I'd ask all of you folks if you'd heard of this before:

I've been interviewing massage therapists to sub for my current therapist while she's on vacation. Two of them presented something that bothered me. One of the therapists suggested I should be charging $160 per hour for massage done through insurance! And a second one asked if I would consider increasing my charges to insurance companies!

I do charge according to the current WC fee schedule, which is as high as I want to go. I was surprised to hear the massage therapists are charging so much more, especially since they are (apparently) charging their cash patients differently than insurance patients.

I thought this sort of thing was forbidden. I told the one LMT that I haven't charged that much in my 18 years in practice and have no intention of starting. For some reason she wasn't interested in working for me!

Thoughts?

Christian Mathisen, D.C., CCWFN

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...