RemedySpot.com

Whole-food supplement search ( my results)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You may remember me asking for advice from you all re. whole-food supplements...

I was frustrated due to fact that Innate Choice (Chestnut's company) stopped

carrying their whole-food based supplement (due to supply-quality problems)

I totally agree with his approach re. food supplements for wellness vs

nutriceutical therapy for conditions...etc.

click here for more info:

https://www.innatechoice.com/uploads/newsletters/November_17_2011_Species_Wide_S\

pecies_Specific.pdf

Some of you responded with recommendations, thank you. But NONE of those

recommendations were at the level that I was hoping for.

I was looking for a whole-food-based supplement that had as many of the

following criteria as possible:

-certified organic (or non-certified organic)

-naturally-occurring nutrients

-no synthetic (or use of fractionation) components

-no gluten

-no grain

-no soy

-no corn

-highly diversified plant/fruit/veggie sourcing (not just from one or two plant

species but hopefully a dozen or more)

-safe and appropriate for ALL AGES from weened toddlers to geriatric

-safe for pregnant

-safe for men and women

-free of highly-concentrated botanicals, herbs and/or homeopathics

-safe for those on common meds

-NOT in a powder form but rather in a capsule format oR tablet

Anyway...my results: I should preface this by saying i looked at every one of

the popular 5-10 supplements companies that are invested in the Naturopathic and

Chiropractic fields.

The two that i finally did find that met almost all of the criteria were:

-Mercola actually has a quality whole-food based tablet...even though he sells

wholesale to docs, his price is very high so I did not go with it.

-The one I finally chose was from a company named Innate Response (no relation

to Innate Choice) " One Daily Iron-free " .

http://www.innateresponse.com/product-p/40056.htm

Anyway, if any of you have been looking for a similar product, perhaps this will

help send you in the right direction.

john collins

Yes . The Metagenics vitamin is the one I am now using as a " replacement " for the organic Sufficiency. http://www.springbrookclinic.com/index.php?p=53526 & details=1 & catId=507 & pid=2269 & s=

But, I am not happy with it because the Metagenics vitamin is not safe for nursing and/or preggo women due to retinyl acetate it contains. So I am discontinuing it once I am sold out. In my practice, I am no longer recommending vitamins (and/or herbs and/or homeopathics) as " therapy " , but I am just wanting my supplements to be safe for nearly everyone/anyone (species wide/species specific, as Chestnut says) as added to a proper (modified paleo in our case) diet. Most vitamin companies (including metagencis) have become obesessed with and beholden to the idea that they have to jam high numbers of vitamin isolates onto the label. Sadly, people (including lay people and practitioners) often choose vitamins largely by how high the numbers are on the label.  At this point, I really do not see all that much difference between the approach of these " pharmaceutical grade/professional grade " vitamin companies and the actual evil-empire big-pharma companies. The lines are so blurred at this point. Just my personal opinion.

john collins On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM, M. s, D.C. <drbobdc83@...> wrote:

Just curious, did you check out Metagenics " newest " multivitamin?  I've seen it advertised, but have not checked it out yet myself...was just curious if you did.  Thanks (good research!).  (;-)

RR

Whole-food supplement search ( my results)

You may remember me asking for advice from you all re. whole-food supplements... I was frustrated due to fact that Innate Choice (Chestnut's company) stopped carrying their whole-food based supplement (due to supply-quality problems)I totally agree with his approach re. food supplements for wellness vs nutriceutical therapy for conditions...etc.click here for more info: https://www.innatechoice.com/uploads/newsletters/November_17_2011_Species_Wide_Species_Specific.pdf

Some of you responded with recommendations, thank you. But NONE of those recommendations were at the level that I was hoping for.I was looking for a whole-food-based supplement that had as many of the following criteria as possible:-certified organic (or non-certified organic)-naturally-occurring nutrients-no synthetic (or use of fractionation) components-no gluten-no grain-no soy-no corn-highly diversified plant/fruit/veggie sourcing (not just from one or two plant species but hopefully a dozen or more)-safe and appropriate for ALL AGES from weened toddlers to geriatric-safe for pregnant-safe for men and women-free of highly-concentrated botanicals, herbs and/or homeopathics-safe for those on common meds-NOT in a powder form but rather in a capsule format oR tabletAnyway...my results: I should preface this by saying i looked at every one of the popular 5-10 supplements companies that are invested in the Naturopathic and Chiropractic fields.The two that i finally did find that met almost all of the criteria were:-Mercola actually has a quality whole-food based tablet...even though he sells wholesale to docs, his price is very high so I did not go with it.-The one I finally chose was from a company named Innate Response (no relation to Innate Choice) " One Daily Iron-free " .http://www.innateresponse.com/product-p/40056.htmAnyway, if any of you have been looking for a similar product, perhaps this will help send you in the right direction.john collins

-- Note: In future please use this Gmail address instead of: cdc@... and Spbkchiro@.... Thank you

-- Note: In future please use this Gmail address instead of: cdc@... and Spbkchiro@.... Thank you