RemedySpot.com

FW: Difficulties with Providence MCO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For what it's worthLonnie From: LParnell@...To: 1lobogris@...CC: pmoore@...Subject: RE: Difficulties with Providence MCODate: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:23:57 +0000

Hi Lonnie- What a terrible situation. The difficulty is that if he is enrolled in Providence MCO, there isn’t anything OHS could do to intervene here. I do know someone

at Providence MCO- Laurel Gunderson. You might try asking for her directly there to see if there is anything she can do to help move things along. She may still manage cases, but I believe that she also does Provider Relations for Prov MCO so she may have

some greater pull with a providers office. I’m going to assume that the patient is on the neuro’s cancellation list…

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:29 AM

Lynn Parnell

Subject: FW: Difficulties with Providence MCO

Hi Lynn or Pat

Do you have someone to recommend?

Lonnie

> To:

> From: lauren_mccabe@...

> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:34:01 +0000

> Subject: Difficulties with Providence MCO

>

> I have a young elite athlete who works as an instructional aide for a local school district. He was injured on the job when a student let go of the handrails while he was assisting the student with a wheelchair transfer in the bathroom. He fell forward but

managed to catch the student before he hit the floor. Later that day he developed left S1 radiculitis and back pain that wakes him up hourly. An MRI reveals a disc bulge at L4-5 and a fragmented vertically displaced L5-S1 disc displacing the S1 nerve root

on the left.

>

> This young man had been training to try to make the Olympic Trials for the marathon this year, but had to drop out due to a different injury, so he is competing in distance running at a very high level. The list of neurosurgeons on the Providence MCO panel

is very short and the earliest a surgeon can see him in April 5. I have informed the neurosurgeon that this is not a typical injured worker case in hopes that he can adjust his schedule and get this young man in faster before he has permanent nerve damage.

>

> He has been getting better with chiropractic care for the last two weeks, but I will have to hand off attending physician duties prior to April 5 due to that stupid 18/60 rule. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to get him in to another physician's

office faster? His PCP is not on the MCO panel either and refuses to deal with W/C.

>

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Sincerely,

> McCabe, DC, CCSP

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> All posts must adhere to OregonDCs rules located on homepage at:

/

> Tell a colleague about OregonDCs! (must be licensed Oregon DC)