RemedySpot.com

RE: Hello From Our Nation's Capitol and the ACA's House of Delegates Meeting and NCLC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Vern! Lock and load! The truth shall prevail and thanks to you and these other players, Vets will finally get the care they deserve!

M Kalb MS DCAuthor of Winning at Aging www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001

On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, vsaboe wrote:

Dear Colleagues, Hi from Washington, DC., update on Florida PIP situation in short dear colleagues not good. A few minutes ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida and informed me that unlike Oregon the Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently “hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican and the Florida State Senate and House are both controlled by the Republicans and the insurance companies have fast track this horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in both the House and the Senate and it has traction! What Dr. Gentile said the colleagues wish to attempt is to develop guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound familiar doctors?? however went on to say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is already out of the barn it may very likely be too late for us…” Will we allow Oregon to be next? The Florida new law if passed will require auto injury cases to go directly to a hospital only then only by referral can the Florida consumer go to the next healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in absolute charge and just for added measure chiropractic physicians and licensed massage therapist are written completely out of auto PIP consumers will not be allowed to see either…well that’s not exactly true they can but…they will be required to pay cash! On a positive note good meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have very strong support from our Congressional delegation the students, faculty, and President Joe Brimhall are also representing the profession very well and we had a very good dinner/strategy meeting last night regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and it’s Director. Specifically Dr. Lester Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by one official at the Portland VA who mentioned to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the University going to Senator Wyden Directly two years ago as they insinuated that “they” the Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type deal! Well I assure you colleagues that’s where their money comes from and they indeed most assuredly answer to Congress and should and must act in the best interest of our wonderful Veterans many of which have given much and ask for so little in return. This morning at 7:00 AM the ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been recently appointed to by ACA President Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of “not answering to Congress” by the official at the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well Vern, I assure you that your Oregon Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested to hear that the Portland VA Medical Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to Congress!” Well again colleagues if the officials were a little upset, taken off their game, taken by surprise, felt a little “under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet doctors! We have had it, veterans are mad as hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical Center and its officials who have been dragging their feet for 10 years now. Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide full chiropractic treatment to all veterans. The Oregon Chiropractic Association your only state association that is protecting your practice act, that is moving the profession forward has successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint Memorial 201 which instructs the Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow through with what Congress instructed the VA to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire a full time chiropractic physician at the Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices by timely referrals and to open the Portland VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS. We have the full support of our US Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and committee members, the House Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chairs and several of its committee members and officials from the Governor Kitzhaber’s office. As the OCA lobbyist and your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly supported and passed by our State Legislature to the Medical Director and staff of the Portland VA Medical Center. Senators Wyden, Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer have committed to be at this high level meeting with the VA Director or to be on the conference call. They have committed to having their in-district staff members physically at the meeting. The Chairs and several committee members of our Oregon State Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the meeting in person, officials from the Governor’s office and finally officials from the University of Western States…we simply are simply “mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.” Blessings, From our nation’s capitol, Vern Saboe

Vern,, good work,, Thanks for representing Oregon,, Dan B On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, vsaboe wrote:Dear Colleagues, Hi from Washington, DC., update on Florida PIP situation in short dear colleagues not good. A few minutes ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida and informed me that unlike Oregon the Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently “hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican and the Florida State Senate and House are both controlled by the Republicans and the insurance companies have fast track this horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in both the House and the Senate and it has traction! What Dr. Gentile said the colleagues wish to attempt is to develop guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound familiar doctors?? however went on to say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is already out of the barn it may very likely be too late for us…” Will we allow Oregon to be next? The Florida new law if passed will require auto injury cases to go directly to a hospital only then only by referral can the Florida consumer go to the next healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in absolute charge and just for added measure chiropractic physicians and licensed massage therapist are written completely out of auto PIP consumers will not be allowed to see either…well that’s not exactly true they can but…they will be required to pay cash! On a positive note good meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have very strong support from our Congressional delegation the students, faculty, and President Joe Brimhall are also representing the profession very well and we had a very good dinner/strategy meeting last night regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and it’s Director. Specifically Dr. Lester Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by one official at the Portland VA who mentioned to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the University going to Senator Wyden Directly two years ago as they insinuated that “they” the Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type deal! Well I assure you colleagues that’s where their money comes from and they indeed most assuredly answer to Congress and should and must act in the best interest of our wonderful Veterans many of which have given much and ask for so little in return. This morning at 7:00 AM the ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been recently appointed to by ACA President Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of “not answering to Congress” by the official at the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well Vern, I assure you that your Oregon Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested to hear that the Portland VA Medical Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to Congress!” Well again colleagues if the officials were a little upset, taken off their game, taken by surprise, felt a little “under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet doctors! We have had it, veterans are mad as hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical Center and its officials who have been dragging their feet for 10 years now. Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide full chiropractic treatment to all veterans. The Oregon Chiropractic Association your only state association that is protecting your practice act, that is moving the profession forward has successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint Memorial 201 which instructs the Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow through with what Congress instructed the VA to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire a full time chiropractic physician at the Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices by timely referrals and to open the Portland VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS. We have the full support of our US Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and committee members, the House Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chairs and several of its committee members and officials from the Governor Kitzhaber’s office. As the OCA lobbyist and your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly supported and passed by our State Legislature to the Medical Director and staff of the Portland VA Medical Center. Senators Wyden, Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer have committed to be at this high level meeting with the VA Director or to be on the conference call. They have committed to having their in-district staff members physically at the meeting. The Chairs and several committee members of our Oregon State Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the meeting in person, officials from the Governor’s office and finally officials from the University of Western States…we simply are simply “mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.” Blessings, From our nation’s capitol, Vern Saboe

For those who haven't been with Vern at NCLC, you are missing a great learning experience as he represents Oregon DC at the Capital. Thanks Vern! Ted Forcum, DC, DACBSPBack In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLCPortland Timbers Team ChiropractorPortland Winterhawks Team Chiropractor ACA Sports Council, Past President'08 US Olympic Sports Medicine Team Member11385 SW Scholls Ferry RoadBeaverton, Oregon 97008503.524.9040www.bimsportsinjuries.com The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information confidential under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC at 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton, OR-97008. and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dan BeesonSent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:25 PMvsaboeCc: 'rongrice01'; 'Sunny Kierstyn'; 'Matt Freedman DC'; ' s, D.C.'; caughlindrc@...; 'Boothby Judith'; corll@...; doclars@...; ajspine1@...; ' Seitz'; 'Brad Rethwill DC'; 'OregonDCs Listserv'; 'Jan Ferrante'Subject: Re: " Hello From Our Nation's Capitol and the ACA's House of Delegates Meeting and NCLC " Vern,, good work,, Thanks for representing Oregon,, Dan B On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, vsaboe wrote:Dear Colleagues, Hi from Washington, DC., update on Florida PIP situation in short dear colleagues not good. A few minutes ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida and informed me that unlike Oregon the Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently “hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican and the Florida State Senate and House are both controlled by the Republicans and the insurance companies have fast track this horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in both the House and the Senate and it has traction! What Dr. Gentile said the colleagues wish to attempt is to develop guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound familiar doctors?? however went on to say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is already out of the barn it may very likely be too late for us…” Will we allow Oregon to be next? The Florida new law if passed will require auto injury cases to go directly to a hospital only then only by referral can the Florida consumer go to the next healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in absolute charge and just for added measure chiropractic physicians and licensed massage therapist are written completely out of auto PIP consumers will not be allowed to see either…well that’s not exactly true they can but…they will be required to pay cash! On a positive note good meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have very strong support from our Congressional delegation the students, faculty, and President Joe Brimhall are also representing the profession very well and we had a very good dinner/strategy meeting last night regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and it’s Director. Specifically Dr. Lester Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by one official at the Portland VA who mentioned to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the University going to Senator Wyden Directly two years ago as they insinuated that “they” the Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type deal! Well I assure you colleagues that’s where their money comes from and they indeed most assuredly answer to Congress and should and must act in the best interest of our wonderful Veterans many of which have given much and ask for so little in return. This morning at 7:00 AM the ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been recently appointed to by ACA President Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of “not answering to Congress” by the official at the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well Vern, I assure you that your Oregon Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested to hear that the Portland VA Medical Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to Congress!” Well again colleagues if the officials were a little upset, taken off their game, taken by surprise, felt a little “under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet doctors! We have had it, veterans are mad as hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical Center and its officials who have been dragging their feet for 10 years now. Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide full chiropractic treatment to all veterans. The Oregon Chiropractic Association your only state association that is protecting your practice act, that is moving the profession forward has successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint Memorial 201 which instructs the Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow through with what Congress instructed the VA to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire a full time chiropractic physician at the Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices by timely referrals and to open the Portland VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS. We have the full support of our US Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and committee members, the House Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chairs and several of its committee members and officials from the Governor Kitzhaber’s office. As the OCA lobbyist and your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly supported and passed by our State Legislature to the Medical Director and staff of the Portland VA Medical Center. Senators Wyden, Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer have committed to be at this high level meeting with the VA Director or to be on the conference call. They have committed to having their in-district staff members physically at the meeting. The Chairs and several committee members of our Oregon State Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the meeting in person, officials from the Governor’s office and finally officials from the University of Western States…we simply are simply “mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.” Blessings, From our nation’s capitol, Vern Saboe

I hope they're reading this! Because the Veterans and their needs

are what this is about...not their opinion or the chiropractic

profession. It has always been the case that the result of

chiropractic and the body's  ability to heal has been the driving

force behind our efforts.

Thanks Vern, we love you.

Colwell, DC

Ashland, OR

On 2/19/2012 8:20 PM, Kalb wrote:

Wow Vern! Lock and load! The truth shall prevail and

thanks to you and these other players, Vets will finally

get the care they deserve!

M Kalb MS DC

Author of Winning at Aging 

www.winningataging.com 

Wellness Chiropractor and

Health Coach

www.DrKalb.com

Dear Colleagues,

Hi from Washington, DC.,

update on Florida PIP situation in

short dear colleagues not good.  A few minutes

ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida

and informed me that unlike Oregon the

Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently

“hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican

and the Florida State Senate and House are

both controlled by the Republicans and the

insurance companies have fast track this

horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by

introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in

both the House and the Senate and it has

traction!  What Dr. Gentile said the

colleagues wish to attempt is to develop

guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound

familiar doctors??  however went on to

say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is

already out of the barn it may very likely be

too late for us…”  Will we allow Oregon to be

next?  The Florida new law if passed will

require auto injury cases to go directly to a

hospital only then only by referral

can the Florida consumer go to the next

healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in

absolute charge and just for added measure

chiropractic physicians and licensed massage

therapist are written completely out of auto

PIP consumers will not be allowed to see

either…well that’s not exactly true they can

but…they will be required to pay cash!  

On a positive note good

meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have

very strong support from our Congressional

delegation the students, faculty, and

President Joe Brimhall are also representing

the profession very well and we had a very

good dinner/strategy meeting last night

regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and

it’s Director.

Specifically Dr. Lester

Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by

one official at the Portland VA who mentioned

to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the

University going to Senator Wyden Directly two

years ago as they insinuated that “they” the

Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type

deal!  Well I assure you colleagues that’s

where their money comes from and they indeed

most assuredly answer to Congress and should

and must act in the best interest of our

wonderful Veterans many of which have given

much and ask for so little in return. 

This morning at 7:00 AM the

ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been

recently appointed to by ACA President

Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of

“not answering to Congress” by the official at

the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the

ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well

Vern, I assure you that your Oregon

Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested

to hear that the Portland VA Medical

Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to

Congress!” 

Well again colleagues if

the officials were a little upset, taken off

their game, taken by surprise, felt a little

“under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet

doctors!  We have had it, veterans are mad as

hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore

the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically

thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical

Center and its officials who have been

dragging their feet for 10 years now. 

Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s

directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide

full chiropractic treatment to all veterans.

The Oregon Chiropractic

Association your only state

association that is protecting your practice

act, that is moving the profession forward has

successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint

Memorial 201 which instructs the

Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow

through with what Congress instructed the VA

to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide

chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire

a full time chiropractic physician at the

Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services

at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices

by timely referrals and to open the Portland

VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to

fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS.  We

have the full support of our US Senators Ron

Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt

Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the

Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and

Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and

committee members, the House Veterans Affairs

Committee Co-Chairs and several of its

committee members and officials from the

Governor Kitzhaber’s office.

As the OCA lobbyist and

your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering

the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly

supported and passed by our State Legislature

to the Medical Director and staff of the

Portland VA Medical Center.  Senators Wyden,

Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer

have committed to be at this high level

meeting with the VA Director or to be on the

conference call.  They have committed to

having their in-district staff members

physically at the meeting.  The Chairs and

several committee members of our Oregon State

Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the

meeting in person, officials from the

Governor’s office and finally officials from

the University of Western States…we simply are

simply “mad as hell and are not going to take

it anymore.”

Blessings,

From our nation’s capitol,

Vern Saboe

Great job representing Oregon's Chiropractors and Oregon's Vets Vern.  You are the right man at the right job at the right time!!  Give them heaven big guy. Schneider DCPDX

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Colwell <johncc48@...> wrote:

I hope they're reading this! Because the Veterans and their needs

are what this is about...not their opinion or the chiropractic

profession. It has always been the case that the result of

chiropractic and the body's  ability to heal has been the driving

force behind our efforts.

Thanks Vern, we love you.

Colwell, DC

Ashland, OR

On 2/19/2012 8:20 PM, Kalb wrote:

Wow Vern! Lock and load! The truth shall prevail and

thanks to you and these other players, Vets will finally

get the care they deserve!

M Kalb MS DC

Author of Winning at Aging 

www.winningataging.com 

Wellness Chiropractor and

Health Coach

www.DrKalb.com

Dear Colleagues,

Hi from Washington, DC.,

update on Florida PIP situation in

short dear colleagues not good.  A few minutes

ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida

and informed me that unlike Oregon the

Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently

“hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican

and the Florida State Senate and House are

both controlled by the Republicans and the

insurance companies have fast track this

horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by

introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in

both the House and the Senate and it has

traction!  What Dr. Gentile said the

colleagues wish to attempt is to develop

guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound

familiar doctors??  however went on to

say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is

already out of the barn it may very likely be

too late for us…”  Will we allow Oregon to be

next?  The Florida new law if passed will

require auto injury cases to go directly to a

hospital only then only by referral

can the Florida consumer go to the next

healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in

absolute charge and just for added measure

chiropractic physicians and licensed massage

therapist are written completely out of auto

PIP consumers will not be allowed to see

either…well that’s not exactly true they can

but…they will be required to pay cash!  

On a positive note good

meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have

very strong support from our Congressional

delegation the students, faculty, and

President Joe Brimhall are also representing

the profession very well and we had a very

good dinner/strategy meeting last night

regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and

it’s Director.

Specifically Dr. Lester

Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by

one official at the Portland VA who mentioned

to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the

University going to Senator Wyden Directly two

years ago as they insinuated that “they” the

Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type

deal!  Well I assure you colleagues that’s

where their money comes from and they indeed

most assuredly answer to Congress and should

and must act in the best interest of our

wonderful Veterans many of which have given

much and ask for so little in return. 

This morning at 7:00 AM the

ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been

recently appointed to by ACA President

Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of

“not answering to Congress” by the official at

the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the

ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well

Vern, I assure you that your Oregon

Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested

to hear that the Portland VA Medical

Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to

Congress!” 

Well again colleagues if

the officials were a little upset, taken off

their game, taken by surprise, felt a little

“under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet

doctors!  We have had it, veterans are mad as

hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore

the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically

thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical

Center and its officials who have been

dragging their feet for 10 years now. 

Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s

directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide

full chiropractic treatment to all veterans.

The Oregon Chiropractic

Association your only state

association that is protecting your practice

act, that is moving the profession forward has

successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint

Memorial 201 which instructs the

Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow

through with what Congress instructed the VA

to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide

chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire

a full time chiropractic physician at the

Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services

at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices

by timely referrals and to open the Portland

VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to

fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS.  We

have the full support of our US Senators Ron

Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt

Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the

Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and

Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and

committee members, the House Veterans Affairs

Committee Co-Chairs and several of its

committee members and officials from the

Governor Kitzhaber’s office.

As the OCA lobbyist and

your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering

the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly

supported and passed by our State Legislature

to the Medical Director and staff of the

Portland VA Medical Center.  Senators Wyden,

Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer

have committed to be at this high level

meeting with the VA Director or to be on the

conference call.  They have committed to

having their in-district staff members

physically at the meeting.  The Chairs and

several committee members of our Oregon State

Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the

meeting in person, officials from the

Governor’s office and finally officials from

the University of Western States…we simply are

simply “mad as hell and are not going to take

it anymore.”

Blessings,

From our nation’s capitol,

Vern Saboe

-- Schneider DC PDX

Absolutely it is about our veterans who have given so much and ask so little and receive so little in return. Our actions must always be in the best interests of veterans. I am working with the Wounded Warrior Project (I am a monthly contributor) Paralyzed Veterans of American, Oregon Chapter and Veterans of Foreign Wars and our own OCA Board member Dr. Matt Freedman a proud veterans of the United States Marine Corp has had first had experience with the dysfunction Portland VA Medical Center who I hope can make the meeting when it happens. But, make no mistake colleagues this will benefit the profession as well and I don’t just me politically I me spiritually, psychologically, and of course as per gain clinical skills in the teaching hospital venue. There is simply no substitute for the feeling one gains by serving others…yes I know I preaching to the choir, Blessings, Vern From: Colwell [mailto:johncc48@...] Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:33 PM KalbCc: vsaboe; 'Dan Beeson'; 'rongrice01'; 'Sunny Kierstyn'; 'Matt Freedman DC'; ' s, D.C.'; caughlindrc@...; 'Boothby Judith'; corll@...; doclars@...; ajspine1@...; ' Seitz'; 'Brad Rethwill DC'; 'OregonDCs Listserv'; 'Jan Ferrante'Subject: Re: " Hello From Our Nation's Capitol and the ACA's House of Delegates Meeting and NCLC " I hope they're reading this! Because the Veterans and their needs are what this is about...not their opinion or the chiropractic profession. It has always been the case that the result of chiropractic and the body's ability to heal has been the driving force behind our efforts. Thanks Vern, we love you. Colwell, DCAshland, OROn 2/19/2012 8:20 PM, Kalb wrote: Wow Vern! Lock and load! The truth shall prevail and thanks to you and these other players, Vets will finally get the care they deserve! M Kalb MS DCAuthor of Winning at Aging www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001 On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, vsaboe wrote: Dear Colleagues, Hi from Washington, DC., update on Florida PIP situation in short dear colleagues not good. A few minutes ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida and informed me that unlike Oregon the Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently “hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican and the Florida State Senate and House are both controlled by the Republicans and the insurance companies have fast track this horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in both the House and the Senate and it has traction! What Dr. Gentile said the colleagues wish to attempt is to develop guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound familiar doctors?? however went on to say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is already out of the barn it may very likely be too late for us…” Will we allow Oregon to be next? The Florida new law if passed will require auto injury cases to go directly to a hospital only then only by referral can the Florida consumer go to the next healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in absolute charge and just for added measure chiropractic physicians and licensed massage therapist are written completely out of auto PIP consumers will not be allowed to see either…well that’s not exactly true they can but…they will be required to pay cash! On a positive note good meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have very strong support from our Congressional delegation the students, faculty, and President Joe Brimhall are also representing the profession very well and we had a very good dinner/strategy meeting last night regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and it’s Director. Specifically Dr. Lester Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by one official at the Portland VA who mentioned to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the University going to Senator Wyden Directly two years ago as they insinuated that “they” the Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type deal! Well I assure you colleagues that’s where their money comes from and they indeed most assuredly answer to Congress and should and must act in the best interest of our wonderful Veterans many of which have given much and ask for so little in return. This morning at 7:00 AM the ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been recently appointed to by ACA President Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of “not answering to Congress” by the official at the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well Vern, I assure you that your Oregon Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested to hear that the Portland VA Medical Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to Congress!” Well again colleagues if the officials were a little upset, taken off their game, taken by surprise, felt a little “under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet doctors! We have had it, veterans are mad as hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical Center and its officials who have been dragging their feet for 10 years now. Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide full chiropractic treatment to all veterans. The Oregon Chiropractic Association your only state association that is protecting your practice act, that is moving the profession forward has successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint Memorial 201 which instructs the Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow through with what Congress instructed the VA to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire a full time chiropractic physician at the Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices by timely referrals and to open the Portland VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS. We have the full support of our US Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and committee members, the House Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chairs and several of its committee members and officials from the Governor Kitzhaber’s office. As the OCA lobbyist and your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly supported and passed by our State Legislature to the Medical Director and staff of the Portland VA Medical Center. Senators Wyden, Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer have committed to be at this high level meeting with the VA Director or to be on the conference call. They have committed to having their in-district staff members physically at the meeting. The Chairs and several committee members of our Oregon State Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the meeting in person, officials from the Governor’s office and finally officials from the University of Western States…we simply are simply “mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.” Blessings, From our nation’s capitol, Vern Saboe

…Amen to that brother will do our veterans deserve and will receive our best….Vern From: Schneider [mailto:portlandchiro1@...] Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:12 PM ColwellCc: Kalb; vsaboe; Dan Beeson; rongrice01; Sunny Kierstyn; Matt Freedman DC; s, D.C.; caughlindrc@...; Boothby Judith; corll@...; doclars@...; ajspine1@...; Seitz; Brad Rethwill DC; OregonDCs Listserv; Jan FerranteSubject: Re: " Hello From Our Nation's Capitol and the ACA's House of Delegates Meeting and NCLC " Great job representing Oregon's Chiropractors and Oregon's Vets Vern. You are the right man at the right job at the right time!! Give them heaven big guy. Schneider DCPDXOn Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Colwell <johncc48@...> wrote: I hope they're reading this! Because the Veterans and their needs are what this is about...not their opinion or the chiropractic profession. It has always been the case that the result of chiropractic and the body's ability to heal has been the driving force behind our efforts. Thanks Vern, we love you. Colwell, DCAshland, OROn 2/19/2012 8:20 PM, Kalb wrote: Wow Vern! Lock and load! The truth shall prevail and thanks to you and these other players, Vets will finally get the care they deserve! M Kalb MS DCAuthor of Winning at Aging www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001 On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:00 PM, vsaboe wrote: Dear Colleagues, Hi from Washington, DC., update on Florida PIP situation in short dear colleagues not good. A few minutes ago I spoke with Dr. Gentile from Florida and informed me that unlike Oregon the Florida Governor a medical doctor apparently “hates” chiropractors the Gov is a Republican and the Florida State Senate and House are both controlled by the Republicans and the insurance companies have fast track this horrible change in Florida’s PIP law by introducing the proposed legislation (Bill) in both the House and the Senate and it has traction! What Dr. Gentile said the colleagues wish to attempt is to develop guidelines for proper care of some sort…sound familiar doctors?? however went on to say, “unfortunately Vern I fear the horse is already out of the barn it may very likely be too late for us…” Will we allow Oregon to be next? The Florida new law if passed will require auto injury cases to go directly to a hospital only then only by referral can the Florida consumer go to the next healthcare provider the ER MDs will be in absolute charge and just for added measure chiropractic physicians and licensed massage therapist are written completely out of auto PIP consumers will not be allowed to see either…well that’s not exactly true they can but…they will be required to pay cash! On a positive note good meetings on Capitol Hill colleagues we have very strong support from our Congressional delegation the students, faculty, and President Joe Brimhall are also representing the profession very well and we had a very good dinner/strategy meeting last night regarding the Portland VA Medical Center and it’s Director. Specifically Dr. Lester Lamm and I spoke of the mind-set conveyed by one official at the Portland VA who mentioned to Dr. Lamm that they didn’t appreciate the University going to Senator Wyden Directly two years ago as they insinuated that “they” the Portland VA don’t answer to Congress type deal! Well I assure you colleagues that’s where their money comes from and they indeed most assuredly answer to Congress and should and must act in the best interest of our wonderful Veterans many of which have given much and ask for so little in return. This morning at 7:00 AM the ACA Insurance Commission met which I had been recently appointed to by ACA President Overland and when I mentioned this mind-set of “not answering to Congress” by the official at the Portland, VA., Falardeau head of the ACA Governmental Relations said, “Well Vern, I assure you that your Oregon Senator Ron Wyden will be very interested to hear that the Portland VA Medical Center doesn’t believe it answer’s to Congress!” Well again colleagues if the officials were a little upset, taken off their game, taken by surprise, felt a little “under the gun” they ain’t seeing nothing yet doctors! We have had it, veterans are mad as hell and the ain’t going to take it anymore the ACA/OCA are about to go “politically thermonuclear” on the Portland VA Medical Center and its officials who have been dragging their feet for 10 years now. Dragging their feet in regards to Congress’s directive by law to the VA in 2002 to provide full chiropractic treatment to all veterans. The Oregon Chiropractic Association your only state association that is protecting your practice act, that is moving the profession forward has successfully passed the OCA’s House Joint Memorial 201 which instructs the Portland VA Medical Center Director to follow through with what Congress instructed the VA to do 10 long years ago and that is to provide chiropractic services to all veterans, to hire a full time chiropractic physician at the Portland VA, to provide chiropractic services at the VA’s outpatient clinics, to our offices by timely referrals and to open the Portland VA Medical Center’s teaching hospital to fourth year chiropractic interns from UWS. We have the full support of our US Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkely, Congressmen Kurt Schrader and Earl Blumenauer as well as the Chairs of the Oregon State Senate Military and Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman and committee members, the House Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chairs and several of its committee members and officials from the Governor Kitzhaber’s office. As the OCA lobbyist and your ACA Delegate I will be hand delivering the OCA’s House Joint Resolution resoundingly supported and passed by our State Legislature to the Medical Director and staff of the Portland VA Medical Center. Senators Wyden, Merkley, Congressmen Schrader, and Blumenauer have committed to be at this high level meeting with the VA Director or to be on the conference call. They have committed to having their in-district staff members physically at the meeting. The Chairs and several committee members of our Oregon State Veterans Committees have agreed to be at the meeting in person, officials from the Governor’s office and finally officials from the University of Western States…we simply are simply “mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore.” Blessings, From our nation’s capitol, Vern Saboe -- Schneider DC PDX