RemedySpot.com

News From Our Nation's Capitol II

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What are our current Federal Goals/Issues we are attempting, 1. HR 409, legislation to provide “TRICARE” Beneficiaries access to chiropractic care for pain management, neuromusculoskeletal disorders and related maladies. The Federal legislation would ensure chiropractic services to retirees, dependents and survivor beneficiaries. Our proposed bill has strong bipartisan support and was sponsored by Rep. Mike (R-AL).2. HR 329, S 1147, for too long as I have indicated veterans are being denied access to chiropractic services veterans want, need and deserve chiropractic services. These two proposed federal laws would mandated expansion of chiropractic services within the VA as in chiropractic physicians in every major VA medical center and ready access in all VA outpatient clinics.3. HR 531, Student loan repayment legislation will improve access to healthcare. This federal bill will establish a student loan repayment program that would ensure that chiropractic/medically underserved communities across America have access to a wide array of health care services and an expanded range of provider types not the least of which is of course would be chiropractic physicians.4. HR 664, allows doctors of chiropractic to serve as participants in the “US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps” (USPHS) currently so you know the commissioned corps is comprised of approximately 6,000+ well-trained, highly qualified public health professionals who are dedicated to delivering the nation’s public health promotion and disease prevention programs and advancing public health science. This bill is important to the profession because of our unique perspective and focus on health and wellness and because every other health care provider group is included in the Corps. To continue to move toward ultimate “cultural authority” this is something we must be included in. This bill would include DCs in the Regular Corps and the Ready Reserve Corps, and would require the President, in consultation with the Surgeon General and the US Secretary of Health and Human Services, t appoint DCs to the Commissioned Corps. Well colleagues that is it for this post from Washington, DC., if you have any questions please email me or call my cell at 541-231-4528. I have the House of Delegates meeting of the ACA tomorrow, meetings that night and fly back to “God’s Country” Sunday morning….. Vern Saboe