RemedySpot.com

721.9 code?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

All, This am my biller is telling me she is being challenged about the use of 721.9 and being told it is not usable. News to me, we've been using it for a number of years now. Anybody got any ideas about this or another code recommendations? SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com

Guest guest

Sunny, That code is not specific enough for re-imbursement anymore. If you put a 0 after the 9 that might make it better. It is a general code- non specific degeneration, blah, blah. Why not use a more specific code? There are a million of them. Ann Goldeen On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Sunny Kierstyn wrote: All, This am my biller is telling me she is being challenged about the use of 721.9 and being told it is not usable. News to me, we've been using it for a number of years now. Anybody got any ideas about this or another code recommendations? Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C Eugene, Oregon, 97401 541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834 www.drsunnykierstyn.com

Guest guest

That code is not specific enough to use anymore. I think it changed recently. Also as a general FYI any code which has a .8 or .9 to end with, is gernally an unspecified site and therefore not considered as specific. (actually states this somewhere in the ICD 9 chiro code book)

Change it to something else and re-bill a corrected claim.

Respectfully, Franchesca Vermillion, DCVermillion & Bloom, PCBalance & Fitness throughChiropractic Rehabilitation1750 Blankenship Rd Ste 295West Linn, OR 97068503-344-4378www.vermillionbloom.com

skrndc1@...CC: From: anngoldeen@...Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:54:15 -0500Subject: RE: 721.9 code?

Sunny, That code is not specific enough for re-imbursement anymore. If you put a 0 after the 9 that might make it better. It is a general code- non specific degeneration, blah, blah. Why not use a more specific code? There are a million of them. Ann Goldeen

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Sunny Kierstyn wrote:

All,

This am my biller is telling me she is being challenged about the use of 721.9 and being told it is not usable. News to me, we've been using it for a number of years now. Anybody got any ideas about this or another code recommendations?

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC

Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon

2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834

www.drsunnykierstyn.com