RemedySpot.com

re: VA care by DC's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I noticed that there had been some talk about treating Veterans. I noticed some comments

about not being able to qualify to treat the vets which was disturbing to me.

I thought I should refresh the OCA members about the special program "Healing Hands for Heroes"

through Army One Source. This is an educational program of 3 courses, that teaches

DC's about the "Wounds of War" and "Post Traumatic Stress Disorders" and "Women in the Military".

It is the program that was being implemented by COCSA for State Associations to offer to our

members as a special training that would make us a group that could be looked at as "trained

practitioners" for the veterans.

I think that educational program is a leg into this whole idea of treating the veterans and

understanding their special needs. Also having the support of COCSA President Dr. Kate Ruffolo

whose husband is in the military and promoting this program at the national level to all

states associations affiliated with COCSA gives it additional credibility.

Jan Ferrante, Exec. DirectorOregon Chiropractic Association10570 SE Washington St #202Portland, OR 97216Ph: 503-256-1601Fax: 503-256-1602web: www.ocanow.com