RemedySpot.com

Facial Pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Any pearls of wisdom regarding treatment of facial pain?This is pertty clear clear cranial nerve involvement-- trigeminal/facial.History of 'flare-ups'. Several rounds of MRI/CT's that were unremarkable.She was told that the pain was coming from her brain. Well, sort of...Recent flare-up of pain following dental injections and crown preparation.Burning on the side of the tongue, numbness and pain in face and back of ear, eye twitching.Another area of focal burning pain at the skull insertion of the levator.I treated her this morning--upper cervical arthrostim, AcPasonic TP work, and bilateral malar lift along with soft tissue work. Blocked pelvis which was torqued with LLI 1/2". She got a lot of relief, but she lives with some symptoms all the time and is always waiting for the other shoe to drop...I'm thinking cranial work...Your thoughts???Many thanks, as always.Ann DC

Hello Ann,Yes, Cranial work and there may be undiagnosed dental issues also. If her bite is off and requires dental correction, that can cause those symptoms. Unfortunately, few dentists are truly good at getting the bite right. A Chiropractic Craniopath should be able to give some good input.

Janet L Rueger, DCCertified in CraniopathyCertified BodyTalk Practitioner149 Clear Creek Dr., # 105Ashland, OR, 97520541-690-6799bodytalk@...

On Feb 7, 2012, at 3:59 PM, bluepearl2001@... wrote:

Any pearls of wisdom regarding treatment of facial pain?This is pertty clear clear cranial nerve involvement-- trigeminal/facial.History of 'flare-ups'. Several rounds of MRI/CT's that were unremarkable.She was told that the pain was coming from her brain. Well, sort of...Recent flare-up of pain following dental injections and crown preparation.Burning on the side of the tongue, numbness and pain in face and back of ear, eye twitching.Another area of focal burning pain at the skull insertion of the levator.I treated her this morning--upper cervical arthrostim, AcPasonic TP work, and bilateral malar lift along with soft tissue work. Blocked pelvis which was torqued with LLI 1/2". She got a lot of relief, but she lives with some symptoms all the time and is always waiting for the other shoe to drop...I'm thinking cranial work...Your thoughts???Many thanks, as always.Ann DC

I'm thinking she may have some serious meningeal tension which is pulling the CNS all the way up into her brainstem. There are now ways of finding and releasing this mechanical tension. Here is a website by a DC who's developed a pretty good method: www.meningealrelease.com It's one of the best methods I've found over the years. The meningeal tension needs to get loosened and the segmental dysfunction of the vertebrae need to be fixed so that the spine un-winds into a different global position, where the abnormal tension is off the meninges. Another thing that could help would be the endonasal treatments.Jamey DysonOn Feb 7, 2012, at 3:59 PM, bluepearl2001@... wrote: