RemedySpot.com

Do Md's really get it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I received a fax from an MD that amounted to a “referral†for chiropractic care for a young patient. I commented to the office manager that it was strange.

Later in the day we realized that the young patient was the son of one of our long standing patients. Her son had been suffering some low back pain for a few months. Due to insurance issues she went to their PCP for help and a referral to me. They did an Xray and found mild 4 degree lumbar levo scoliosis and the assoc. pelvic tilt and short leg.

The MD told the mother that Chiropractic wasn’t very effective and proceeded to prescribe Vicodin and Physical Therapy. Vicodin for a 16 year old patient with mild low back pain. The PT clinic was in the same building. They went one time and after realizing it was a complete waste of time went back to the MD in anger demanding the said referral that arrived in my fax.

Treated the kid. Treated the compensations, told him to stretch, adjusted him and gave him some MUST daily exercise. The kid himself shook my hand, looked me in the eye and said “thank you, you just gave 10X the info and I already feel betterâ€.

I wonder when the madness will ever end. Please don’t respond saying I should contact the MD with my notes or to get together for lunch so that I can “educate†him. I have no interest in doing that. As a health professional, he should be more responsible.

ph Medlin D.C.